Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Come on, we had some very good matches in the end of the season (parking the bus agains Palace apart). Maybe he could develop a good style next season bringing in the players we need. You can hope for miracles when we have Winks and Sissoko in the midfield.

I think defensively he is an excellent coach, but attacking he relies a lot on players pulling something out of their arse. At least the last few games we’ve looked like we’ve been working on a counter attack strategy, rather than hoping Kane or Son screams one in
"but attacking he relies a lot on players pulling something out of their arse" So it is ok to have attacking players that cannot think for themselves and attack? What the f is wrong with you? Do you think he went to Drogba and say backheel here and shoot here? Drogba is a beast because he can hold defender(s) and can score.

The way inter played against Barca in the second leg of their cl tie was disgusting.
One need to consider that Thiago Motta was bizarrely sent off after 25 minutes. Forget the game plan. Forget the possibility to counter - like they did at San Siro, winning 3-1.

For 70 minutes, Inter had to play with 10 men against the best Barcelona of all time - at the Camp Nou, 90.000 culés. Prime Messi, prime Xavi, prime Iniesta, Alves, Pique, Busquets, etc.

Inter had to protect their lead against THAT, and the only way to do it was defending extremelly well. In my opinon, as a football fan, it was incredible that they were able to do so. Inter players showed real soul and character, and of course, a unique sense of defensive organization.

Basically, the quality of that performance won them the CL.

By the way, I love Busquets, but if you want to you use the word "disgusting" in that match:

Last edited:
Busquets demonstrated how Barca normally win tight matches...whereas Mourinho demonstrated the "dark art" of defending. Whoever cannot see a Masterclass in defending by Inter then something is wrong with them....so pissed off were Barca that they have to turn the sprinklers on....Sore losers.

"but attacking he relies a lot on players pulling something out of their arse" So it is ok to have attacking players that cannot think for themselves and attack? What the f is wrong with you? Do you think he went to Drogba and say backheel here and shoot here? Drogba is a beast because he can hold defender(s) and can score.
I literally don’t understand a word of this

if anyone has something wrong with them it’s you sir

In 2017-18, Utd came 2nd to City.

They scored 68 and let in 28 (GD +40), we came third scoring 74 whilst conceding 36 (GD +38).

We both played drab football? Or is the Mourinho 'boring football' tag purely a myth?

I swear most people who are the most vociferous about the entertainment of football, hardly sit through 90 minutes of a match.
I would love to know how many of those people who are obsessed with how good our football was under Pochettino, be it fans or pundits, actually watched very minute of every match. I bet most barely ever did. If they did, they'd know how appalling we were sometimes. 950 passes in the middle of the pitch with 85% possession isn't good when the opposite keeper never sees the ball.

One need to consider that Thiago Motta was bizarrely sent off after 25 minutes.

Barcelona have every favour possible from UEFA and Referees.
Remember the PSG match? fucking travesty they were allowed to come back in that. I swear that's the only reason PSG bought Neymar - as massive fuck you to Barcelona and UEFA.

I swear most people who are the most vociferous about the entertainment of football, hardly sit through 90 minutes of a match.
I would love to know how many of those people who are obsessed with how good our football was under Pochettino, be it fans or pundits, actually watched very minute of every match. I bet most barely ever did. If they did, they'd know how appalling we were sometimes. 950 passes in the middle of the pitch with 85% possession isn't good when the opposite keeper never sees the ball.
I think most people are basing it from our last season at the Lane, we played some sexy football that season and i still cant believe with that team we didnt win anything!

I know a lot of us get annoyed with Adebayor but:

Emmanuel Adebayor on #thfc head coach José Mourinho: "The only trophy I have ever won was at Madrid with him. Now he is at Tottenham and I wish him the best of luck. He is the best coach in the history of football." [AS]

Last edited:
This seems to be a common conundrum among some of our fans...

4ak2mn.jpg

Back
Top Bottom