Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I saw an interesting stat the other day. We had 67% possession in the champions league final, which we lost 2-0. It sure didn't feel like it.
That's what pissed me off last season. Loads and loads of possession and creating fuck all chances. Just passing it sideways all the time.

Jose might be more defensive but at least we appear to be creating more.

I think there has always been a mischaracterization and mislabeling of Jose as a manager when it comes to him being more defensive.

The one constant with all his successful teams has been “defensively solid” not defensive. If you look at how he operates, if he feels that he doesn’t have the upper hand when it comes to state of mind of players, state of form, or talents on hand, he will set the team up to be more defensively solid and without the proper attacking talents, form, or state of mind, the matches play out with the team looking more defensive. There are always parts of the game where he talks about defending a lead to see out the game but that is not how all his successful teams have been. He will prioritize results based on what he sees fit for that particular match.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic:

"You want to be a winner everywhere you go?, then meet with the best manager in the world - Jose Mourinho. He is a type of Manager that fears not, He is more like Zlatan. He does not fear the Club Boss, the Players, The Journalists. The only thing He fears is to not deliver a Trophy for his Club."

"I won with him at Inter Milan, and when I was in PSG he gave me a call and said 'don't you want to come over here at Manchester United, it's my first season here and everyone looks strange, the kit, the badge looks strange so if you come over we will help them win a Cup or two, your presence will give these players a big lift.' I said why not."

"When I get there It was a very young team that plays Europa League. I told them we are going to win, because Trophies respects Zlatan and Jose Mourinho. We won trophies that year and qualified for the Champions League."

"Jose and myself left the Club and they went back on winning nothing. So you must look out for Tottenham next season as Jose will start his first full season with them. "

:bow::coys::bow:
“Zlatan is past it” in 3......2........1

That's what pissed me off last season. Loads and loads of possession and creating fuck all chances. Just passing it sideways all the time.

Jose might be more defensive but at least we appear to be creating more.
It’s actually beyond hilarious that anyone is complaining about us being more defensive after the shit fuck last couple of years

I don't know for sure, hence the word "appear".

I'm sure someone on here could come up with the stats comparing Poch last 20 games and chances created vs Jose

To me it appears like we are totally inept at creating chances under Jose.

Bournemouth, West Ham, Everton, both Uniteds, Crystal Palace all games in which we created basically nothing.

Our big "offensive" game against Leicester was based around scoring off Leicester mistakes thanks to their dumb manager and weak backline. We didn't actually create much, if anything through our own play or build up.

We appear to be creating even less than we were at the end of Poch's run and not anywhere close to what we did in our prime under Poch.

To me it appears like we are totally inept at creating chances under Jose.

Bournemouth, West Ham, Everton, both Uniteds, Crystal Palace all games in which we created basically nothing.

Our big "offensive" game against Leicester was based around scoring off Leicester mistakes thanks to their dumb manager and weak backline. We didn't actually create much, if anything through our own play or build up.

We appear to be creating even less than we were at the end of Poch's run and not anywhere close to what we did in our prime under Poch.

Yet in those 6 games we had 77 shots.
Not included corners and chances created that we didn’t get a shot off. The latter impossible but with corners your probably looking at a minimum of 90 created chances.

“Basically nothing” you said.....why not just have a look at some figures before talking shit.

I can look up the shots we had in the same games under Poch for comparison

Not included corners and chances created that we didn’t get a shot off. The latter impossible but with corners your probably looking at a minimum of 90 created chances.

“Basically nothing” you said.....why not just have a look at some figures before talking shit.

Because the figures do nothing to tell you what actually happened. Having actually watched those games I can tell we created nothing, I threw basically in there to be kind but we created jack shit. Which is why we didn't score against defensive superteam Bournemouth, needed an deflection of a CB on a shot going wide to beat mighty Everton, had to hold on for dear life and pray Dier couldn't give away any more pens against Man United, watched Sheffield United easily defeat us and had to pray that we could hold on against the mighty and powerful West Ham.

Because the figures do nothing to tell you what actually happened. Having actually watched those games I can tell we created nothing, I threw basically in there to be kind but we created jack shit. Which is why we didn't score against defensive superteam Bournemouth, needed an deflection of a CB on a shot going wide to beat mighty Everton, had to hold on for dear life and pray Dier couldn't give away any more pens against Man United, watched Sheffield United easily defeat us and had to pray that we could hold on against the mighty and powerful West Ham.

That’s all irrelevant though.....you have created a chance if you have a shot.
We created at least 77 chances in those 6 games.

It doesn’t matter if a shot deflects. The chance to shoot was created and we got a shot off.

Please, learn the meaning of the fucking words you use, it’s basic English mate.
You talk in a parallel universe where you think saying a sentence doesn’t have to have any connection to the words you used to make it.

This is a senseless conversation:

We created nothing

We created something because we had a shot

Yeah but it was deflected

Can’t you see that makes no fucking sense ffs

Last edited:

I would like to see those stats, say Poch's last 20 games vs Jose first 20 games and compare the chances created.
Not to prove a point, or to try and prove Igula Igula wrong (or right) but purely to see if my perception is correct.

I have been known to be wrong in the past, rarely but sometimes.

That’s all irrelevant though.....you have created a chance if you have a shot.
We created at least 90 chances in those 6 games.

It doesn’t matter if a shot deflects. The chance to shoot was created and we got a shot off.

Please, learn the meaning of the fucking words you use, it’s basic English mate.
You talk in a parallel universe where you think saying a sentence doesn’t have to have any connection to the words you used to make it.

This is a senseless conversation:

We created nothing

We created something because we had a shot

Yeah but it was deflected

Can’t you see that makes no fucking sense ffs

LOL

That is such BS.

Taking a crazy shot 20 feet over the net is not a chance. Taking a shot that is 15 yards wide is not a chance.

Watch the games. it isn't rocket science we were god awful at creating chances outside of the Leicester game, which again was based 100% due to them, since the restart. We were brutal before it as well but easier to focus on the games since with a full health squad so no excuses.

Teams that are actually talented like City, Liverpool, United, Chelsea don't point to shot attempts to justify their chances created, they point to the goals they score because that is what matters. We very fucking terrible at it because outside 2-3 guys (GLC, Son, Kane) we have not a single player on the team with a creative bone in their body, coupled with a manager who pisses himself at the thought of a player even attempting to create a chance.

LOL

That is such BS.

Taking a crazy shot 20 feet over the net is not a chance. Taking a shot that is 15 yards wide is not a chance.

Watch the games. it isn't rocket science we were god awful at creating chances outside of the Leicester game, which again was based 100% due to them, since the restart. We were brutal before it as well but easier to focus on the games since with a full health squad so no excuses.

Teams that are actually talented like City, Liverpool, United, Chelsea don't point to shot attempts to justify their chances created, they point to the goals they score because that is what matters. We very fucking terrible at it because outside 2-3 guys (GLC, Son, Kane) we have not a single player on the team with a creative bone in their body, coupled with a manager who pisses himself at the thought of a player even attempting to create a chance.
So then we created nothing under Poch then
All the shots were crazy 20 yarders

See it’s easy isnt it

I would like to see those stats, say Poch's last 20 games vs Jose first 20 games and compare the chances created.
Not to prove a point, or to try and prove Igula Igula wrong (or right) but purely to see if my perception is correct.

You won't prove me wrong because there is no creativity.

I am sure sammy will come back with some BS stat that he thinks show chances created but watch the games.

There is a reason we scored 1, 2, 1, 0, 2, 3, 3, 1.

That includes a own goal off a Soucek mistake against WH, Kane scoring on a break when West Ham was chasing the game, a deflection off Keane against Everton, the 3 counter goals thanks to Brenton.

Even in one of our "outbursts" against Newcastle we struggled to get another goal to put that game away.

How anyone can watch how pathetic we were at creating chances since the break and then try to ignore it is beyond me. Every game we played outside of Leicester we could not score when needed, whether to break down Bournemouth, or put the game out of reach against United, Newcastle, Everton, Palace. It was a goddamn slog watching this team unable to do anything offensively.

And once GLC was subbed off, almost zero reason to even think we would get another chance in the game.

So then we created nothing under Poch then
All the shots were crazy 20 yarders

See it’s easy isnt it

Except that isn't the case.

Why do you always think lying is some sort of argument when someone proves you wrong?

I know you hate answering questions but do you honestly think since the Covid break that we did a good job of creating chances?

LOL

That is such BS.

I honestly don't understand your point ?

If we're going purely on goals then the last 6 games we scored 15
That's an average of 2.5 goals per game, I'm happy with that.

Edit: my bad, it's 13 goals in the last six, an average of 2.16 goals per game still very good

Also another interesting angle is I remember having 40 shots against West Ham under Poch and drawing 1-1 when they had 3.

Is that better?
Remember the Leicester season against them at WHL....26 shots lose 1-0.

A real reoccurring feature of Pochs tenure

Except that isn't the case.

Why do you always think lying is some sort of argument when someone proves you wrong?

I know you hate answering questions but do you honestly think since the Covid break that we did a good job of creating chances?
I said it is the case like you said it was regarding Jose so then that’s that

Back
Top Bottom