Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People need to get over themselves when complaining about “style” of football they think Jose will bring to the club, this isn’t Big Sam or Tony Pulis we’re talking about here, this is a guy who simply knows how to get a result when required.
I need to remind the football connoisseurs when Sherwood took us up to Anfield with an open attacking formation we got murdered and in return we murdered Sherwood, you think Jose would approach that game in that manor?

At least 90% of this forum screamed at one time or another for Pochettino to close up shop to see a result through only to see 3pts turn to 1pt or even worse because the tactical change simply didn’t happen, this guy is the master of knowing his players are spent and will settle for the 1-0 instead of chasing 2-0.

Another myth is he needs endless amounts of Money to forge a successful team, bollocks to that, anyone ever check the money he spent winning the CL with Porto or Inter? less than we spend allowing for inflation, he just gets a rep because he was at Chelsea and Real who insist on spending money, and with having that free check book it overloads the dressing room with inflated egos and people wonder why those clubs turn toxic eventually, Levy will and should give him the proper funds to get the right players, but we certainly won’t have a dressing room full of over paid egos.....

The guy deserves a chance, and we need to support him from the start, he loves passion, we have passionate fans, so let’s not have him criticise us like he did the Man U prawn eaters.
If we can get some fire in our bellies I can assure you he will have equally if not more fire in his, and we might, just might lift the title in colour instead of black and white.....COYS!!
Good positive attitude there.
Stuff it, i am on board now.
Still don't like the bloke, but it's a business arrangement, i doubt me and him would have been drinking together,whatever my views on him.
COYS

I would like to see Poch paraded at the next hope game get a send off from the fans though, do you think if he left on decent terms that could be something we see?
Or would professional pride get in the way? He deserves an emotional send off.
You never see this happen but it would be nice.

I would like to see Poch paraded at the next hope game get a send off from the fans though, do you think if he left on decent terms that could be something we see?
When he takes over Bayern though...

Will be pretty easy if we start winning games again and get a trophy on the shelf, personally I think the players were tired of Poch, it happens in any job when you hear the same voice for too long.

The club is bigger than the players, managers and owners that pass through it, I loved Poch as a man, I am thankful for what he did for us as a manager but I am also realistic and understand that football is a job just like any other and he was failing at that job so it's time we all moved on.

You quoted my post but didn't actually address any of it. Irrespective of how much of Jose's ballsack you can get in your mouth, the question was will the players really want play for a manager that won't be here in 2 years?

30 million quid seems decent terms for me.

Have to admit I always thought he was a cunt, a serial winner no doubt, but a cunt nonetheless. Now he's our cunt and I hope he can lead us into greener pastures.
I think having this attitude is the only way I am going to come to terms with and get on board with what is happening.
It's going to be an interesting time ahead that's for sure.

You quoted my post but didn't actually address any of it. Irrespective of how much of Jose's ballsack you can get in your mouth, the question was will the players really want play for a manager that won't be here in 2 years?

Will the players want to play for one of the best managers in the world and a serial winner?

No mate, not at all...

You're confusing players with supporters, players don't think long term mate, they couldn't give a toss, they just want to play for the best clubs that win trophies with the best managers in charge.

It's only a certain section of our supporters which seem opposed to success and think these things above are an issue.

Also, I think Mourinho is a cunt but I am realistic enough to know he is a winner and will take us to another level, if that's "having his balls in my mouth" so be it.

Feel a bit like at some point I've crossed over into some sort of "man in the high castle" alternative reality where Trump and BoJo are leaders of the western world, Brexit is going ahead with no deal and Mourinho is Tottenham manager.

Hopefully when i wake up tomorrow normal service will be resumed.

Always one that brings politics into it, Did you forget that the majority of the country voted for Brexit? And Bojo is going to smash the fucking election to bits as the alternatives are crazy, take this shit to the Brexit and General election thread. Plenty of cunts on their to agree with you.

Yep, Its baffling to me, Don't get me wrong Poch did a good job and he raised expectation and took us to regular top 4, and I will always have time for him, but he hit his ceiling around the turn of the year. It was all too big for him, the comments about the CL final about leaving were just baffling to me, and not the kind of comments a winner would make.
Could you see a Klopp, Fergie or Mourinho saying if they won the CL they would leave having achieved it all?
Bizarre comment.

I've also seen people claiming he will win a trophy in his new job before we do, based on what exactly?
We've just appointed a trophy magnet, he's never won one in his career. I don't want to cunt Poch off, as I said he will always be a legend as far as I'm concerned but this is a massive upgrade.

He will move into a job like Sevilla or a club of that ilk and get them into CL football, that's his level. And good luck to him.

Time will tell how Poch evolves as manager- a lot of it depends on where he ends up I guess.

If he goes to a Bayern Munich / Real Madrid for example I would see him winning trophies there as they have a massive advantage over the other clubs in the their league.

Back
Top Bottom