Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We didnt want poch & we don't want mourinho. Let's hope history repeats itself & we are wrong. I wonder where de boer is now!

If you look at the page 1 of the Poch thread I’m the only one who gave him a chance! Although I did want De Boer

Mourinho is the only person genuinely available I would have taken, Howe and any one year hipster in Germany would never be able to take us on just yet, it had to be him

I’m just naturally cautious it’s the irresistible force inmovable object thing, Jose is evil and I don’t mind that, he is a winner but we are the serial bridesmaids, something is going to give

winning trophies is not easy at all, neither is finding a good manager as many teams in Europe are finding out!

come on Jose, I hope he is starving for revenge

Luis Campos to join Mourhino as a Portugese duo ?
I can't see Mourhino wanting him as a sporting director, in a different role maybe.

And of course they all know this as a fact? We can all speculate as to how well or poor he will do but the fact of the matter is, not one of us knows for sure and we will have to wait and see.

What I do know is they are all secretly shitting themselves

The difference between the grief we used to get and now is that its born from the knowledge that in years gone by - even at our best we where still worse than them.

They now need us to be at our worst to get something over us. Things have changed, and as much as they go on about how "normal service will resume" they know deep down, with the financial leaps we have made, we are here to stay.

Gooners will continue to finish outside of the top four and Chavs with no hope of increasing their stadium capacity and a chairman who cant even enter the country, they know their time is past.

I can't see Mourhino wanting him as a sporting director, in a different role maybe.

But Jose's job title of Head Coach (not Manager) invites the idea of a Sporting/Technical Director or Director of Football (nb only the last one means the DoF is in charge of transfers - the other two titles usually mean influencing transfers)

Yeah, so much better than building for a long term future with a manager we can be proud of

Yea, those back to back trashings by Bayern and Brighton, just week after losing to League Two side were really something to feel immensely proud about...

And what made it worse, such form went on and on, nothing changed unfortunately. There was no building or planning last 6 months under Poch either.

This has all been a bit surreal.
Sad Poch has gone. Should have been given longer.
But this could take us the next level. Proven winner. He’s bound to get money. He wouldn’t have taken the job if he wasn’t going to be given money to spend. Feels like our profile has grown massively with this appointment. Maybe he can convince eriksen to stay. EricDier will be happy, I’m sure. Let’s see what happens!

Other fans are doing exactly what we would have done.. They are ecstatic that lots of our fans aren’t happy with the appointment and are clinging onto that fact.... but deep down they are shitting themselves that we will become winners..

That’s exactly how I would have reacted if he went to a rival.

Great post.

If JM went to Woolwich...I'd be concerned as he would make them a bigger contender.

This might have been what prompted Levy to act now before others could come in.

Lille have now confirmed that Nuno Santos and Joao Sacramento will leave the club to join Josés staff.

Campos in February? I don't think Lille will allow him to leave this close to a window after all.

Back
Top Bottom