Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The difference between the grief we used to get and now is that its born from the knowledge that in years gone by - even at our best we where still worse than them.

They now need us to be at our worst to get something over us. Things have changed, and as much as they go on about how "normal service will resume" they know deep down, with the financial leaps we have made, we are here to stay.

Gooners will continue to finish outside of the top four and Chavs with no hope of increasing their stadium capacity and a chairman who cant even enter the country, they know their time is past.

And that is why I find it hilarious that they think they have one over us..

pollemma.com/2019/04/01/jorge-mendes-confirms-jose-mourinho-has-joined-his-company-as-a-super-player-agent/

Mourhino's agent is Jorge Mendes. And Mendes is one agent that it is said Levy would never deal with...…?

The league cups will be won by the big teams who would already be in the CL. So it would be tournament of shit from all over Europe , with absolutely zero prestige attached to it and most likely much less money than now.

I feel like this discussion belongs in a different thread, but the whole purpose of European football ought to be more broadly dispersing interest and prestige and resources across nations and leagues, rather than the whirring centrifuge of money toward a handful of clubs that operates now. That's the long-term best interest of the game.

(Truth be told, if I were in charge I'd make the CL the 64-team bracket, champions only, and then the Europa/UEFA Cup the bigger, broader tournament)

Yesterday and the past few weeks I have been seriously worried bout where we were going as a club and how we would get out of the rut we were in..
Today, I have far more optimism and can see an end to the slump.

skysports-jose-mourinho-mauricio-pochettino_4841355.jpg

We're fucked.
Most of those numbers mean nothing in terms of comparing...except the ones on the last line.

I can't disagree that he is a proven winner and that he's likely the best option that we could get, but I just cannot get excited about this.

The amount of derision he's gotten on here for his shit tactics, boring football, inability to accept any responsibility for performances, his player management and his poor reflection on the club is now all apparently forgotten or not a big deal anymore.

We went from a manager that was a perpetual professional, likable and was someone we could be proud of as a face of the club. Now we have Jose.

Not trying to rain on any parades and I'll give him a shot, but we all know how this is going to end.

Hope we get Inter Mou. We won't. Hard time getting excited - give me a few weeks.

Seems like a 1/10 chance this goes well and we win the League/CL, a 4/10 chance we win a single domestic cup, likely the League Cup next season, and a 5/10 chance this just goes to hell and we are worse off after than we are now.

This is so wishy-washy for me.

I can't disagree that he is a proven winner and that he's likely the best option that we could get, but I just cannot get excited about this.

The amount of derision he's gotten on here for his shit tactics, boring football, inability to accept any responsibility for performances, his player management and his poor reflection on the club is now all apparently forgotten or not a big deal anymore.

We went from a manager that was a perpetual professional, likable and was someone we could be proud of as a face of the club. Now we have Jose.

Not trying to rain on any parades and I'll give him a shot, but we all know how this is going to end.

Let's be honest-when has it ever ended well for any of our previous managers?

Poch doesnt exactly leave us on a high note as well-we're 14th having not won away for a almost a year with near relegation form.

Dont remember Mourinho leaving a club in as bad a state as that but happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

But Jose's job title of Head Coach (not Manager) invites the idea of a Sporting/Technical Director or Director of Football (nb only the last one means the DoF is in charge of transfers - the other two titles usually mean influencing transfers)
I am not reading to much in to that, although if we employ a DOF and Mourinho can work with him I'll be delighted.

If you look at the page 1 of the Poch thread I’m the only one who gave him a chance! Although I did want De Boer

Mourinho is the only person genuinely available I would have taken, Howe and any one year hipster in Germany would never be able to take us on just yet, it had to be him

I’m just naturally cautious it’s the irresistible force inmovable object thing, Jose is evil and I don’t mind that, he is a winner but we are the serial bridesmaids, something is going to give

winning trophies is not easy at all, neither is finding a good manager as many teams in Europe are finding out!

come on Jose, I hope he is starving for revenge
Fair enough. Yeah I agree some are getting carried away thinking we will definately win trophies. City & Liverpool are still better than us so could easily end up winning the fa cup.

Yea, those back to back trashings by Bayern and Brighton, just week after losing to League Two side were really something to feel immensely proud about...

And what made it worse, such form went on and on, nothing changed unfortunately. There was no building or planning last 6 months under Poch either.
Which position on the pitch did he play?
Was he the one marking Gnabry as he waltzed down the pitch unchecked?

Oh no, it was the people strolling round the pitch....

Stop making shit up to match your theories, you know fuck all about what went on, just your fertile imagination.

They are who the club needs to dump, not the best manager the club has had in 45 years

Putting aside for a second the gut punch that is the loss of Pochettino and the tragic end of a beautiful era that we hoped would go on for many more years. I don't understand why so many here are celebrating Mourinho being appointed, of all people. He is nowhere near the glamour signing he once was. His stock has fallen a huge deal over the years. He is seen as another dinosaur who was left behind by the evolution of football, and couldn't summon the old magic even with the endless riches of MU. What do you think will happen now that he is managing a club with one of the lowest net spends in the league and about 7th highest wage bill, at this late point in his career?

Look at what's happened at United since he left, that team is shite. Jose quotes his first season at United as his greatest achievement.....

Back
Top Bottom