Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The before and after West Ham 3-3 tactics are pretty clear: instead of playing a bit more open against the bad to mediocre teams, we play conservatively against EVERYONE and it requires us to win on such thin margins that it's basically impossible to do consistently with any squad.

It works great in big matches but terribly against everyone else.

We're 6 points off top of the league and people are acting like we're about to get relegated. Again, embarrassing.

Another unfortunate late goal which we should have won. Of course improvements need to be made but I'll take a point. Some people are desperate to see spurs and mourinho fail miserably.

Agreed.

I personally said 11 before we started that run in. I had:

City - 3
Chelsea - 0
Woolwich - 3
Palace - 1
Liverpool - 0
Leicester - 3
Wolves - 1

And it's our hardest run of the season by far.

Imperative we go on a big winning run now - I dont think we have it in us.
We really don’t.

If we are playing well, creating chances but they are for some reason not going in or if we are conceding weird wonder goals, then I’d expect us to turn it around but not with how we are playing.

I just cannot see any hope with this defensive wank tactic we are playing that is stiffling all the creativity out of our players.

Mourinho keeps picking fights with players and keeps getting proven wrong. I don't think he's worth the benefit of the doubt anymore with ANY player.

Last edited:
We're 6 points off top of the league and people are acting like we're about to get relegated. Again, embarrassing.

Another unfortunate late goal which we should have won. Of course improvements need to be made but I'll take a point. Some people are desperate to see spurs and mourinho fail miserably.
Always an unfortunated goal, we are so unlucky! Maybe the special one can give us the luck we need if we pray for him.

Based on what you and other has this assurance? Cause based on what we are playing it seems very naive to think we are winning something under him and I won't be surprised if we are eliminated by Bradford in the Carabao Cup.
I never wanted him but I see it like an unhappy arranged marriage. He’s capable of blagging a cup but I have no faith in him for the top end of the prem nor CL.

i agree its not all doom and gloom. a couple of tweeks, one being a competent midfielder brought in who can give us something off the ball and on the ball, and we would be right up there. also need a competent CB or two.

I never wanted him but I see it like an unhappy arranged marriage. He’s capable of blagging a cup but I have no faith in him for the top end of the prem nor CL.
Maybe you are right, but the signs of his decline seems evident. We also aren't sacking him before the end of the season, so I also hope he wins something and fucks off.

If we don't win playing that utter turgid shite with zero ambition to get a 2nd goal and win the game then I'm sorry but he deserves all the abuse. Shocking negative subs. You do not try and defend a one nil for 90mins. Fucking madness.
But for a poor header we would have lost!

Always an unfortunated goal, we are so unlucky! Maybe the special one can give us the luck we need if we pray for him.
You're being a baby.

Why didn't we win, waaa waaa waaa. Get rid of mourinho and bring in eurowankhipstercoach Now waaaaa waaa.

Gladly football isn't run by forum fans and won't sack us after 3 poor results.

6 points off Liverpool in his first real season. Mourinhos going no where. Have patience.

If Poch hasn't taken that PSG job yet, Levy should be on his knees apologising and begging him to come back and finish the good work he started.

giphy.gif

He's magic, you know

I have been behind him since day one but he’s making it hard now. Just making the same stupid mistakes every game.

Oh yeah and the matches are terrible to watch. He’s lucky we aren’t in the stadium because he wouldn’t be getting away with this type of football if we were.
It’s a game plan that has served Jose well for a lot of the managerial success he has had - scoring first, then shutting up shop to get the job done. It’s a tactic that’s largely premised on having an outstanding defence. We have a moderate collection of defenders who are particularly weak at defending set pieces. Jose has improved them to a point, but inevitably if you are inviting on opponents like that for 90 minutes, they’re going to concede.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaah fucking Mourinho... how the fuck did he do what he did with Porto, Chelsea & MADRID...?
It's like watching Wimbledon in the mid 80's without the cunts! ...at least the beat Liverpool!!!!
In those teams he had basically the 1st or 2nd best squads in the league. Same at Inter.

Didn't have that at Utd and hasn't got it here.

Back
Top Bottom