Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

think about the points we have lost this season , most of it happened in +80 minutes in the game, with better concentration we would have turn L to D and D to W and would be up there leading the league comfortably
Its strange as I thought seeing out games would be a massive strength under mourinho. But instead its a massive weakness.

Watching that video the one thing that strikes me is how poor British journalists are. It's FA Cup weekend with a history making match and the first few questions are about the Villa game and covid.

Plenty of negative traits about Jose, but he respects the domestic cups like he was a young English lad who used to sneak into Wembley to watch the finals.

I do love that about him, especially after some recent haphazard exits from the cups. Spurs have a history as a top cup side and that should be taken seriously. It’s as much a part of our history as anything.

Young, a manager for Merseyrail, reflected: “I had a good chat with José before the game and he was very complimentary about the ground and the pitch. He gets English football. He always has done. You only have to see that from the teams he has put out in the League Cup and the FA Cup. It would have been very easy for him not to bring Gareth Bale on but he did it because he respects what we have achieved in the competition. I have so much respect for José Mourinho and Tottenham Hotspur as a football club from this.

“He has done what he said he would do with his team selection, he brought on players he could have easily left on the bench and Tottenham as a club have supported us wholeheartedly. Over 30,000 virtual tickets have now been sold for this match which is just phenomenal. I want to give a big shout out to the whole football community for that. The Tottenham fans have got right behind that so a big thank you to everyone from Marine Football Club. This will set us up for a long time. I have so much admiration for Tottenham Hotspur Football Club after today.”

Young, a manager for Merseyrail, reflected: “I had a good chat with José before the game and he was very complimentary about the ground and the pitch. He gets English football. He always has done. You only have to see that from the teams he has put out in the League Cup and the FA Cup. It would have been very easy for him not to bring Gareth Bale on but he did it because he respects what we have achieved in the competition. I have so much respect for José Mourinho and Tottenham Hotspur as a football club from this.

“He has done what he said he would do with his team selection, he brought on players he could have easily left on the bench and Tottenham as a club have supported us wholeheartedly. Over 30,000 virtual tickets have now been sold for this match which is just phenomenal. I want to give a big shout out to the whole football community for that. The Tottenham fans have got right behind that so a big thank you to everyone from Marine Football Club. This will set us up for a long time. I have so much admiration for Tottenham Hotspur Football Club after today.”

This just warms my heart! In this current world, to have this to end the weekend is just brilliant! Great job to all involved to make this extra special for everyone!

Portuguese pigs all round after that no nonsense, classic Jose display tonight. José Mário dos Santos Mourinho Félix, commonly referred as "Gorgeous George" will be absolutely purring after that one. Right now somewhere in London is a Portuguese mastermind sipping on a glass of the finest whiskey in a dimly lit room, plotting his next move against the anti Mourinho dossers on this Forum, who I suspect will be crying into their pillows tonight.

Of course, Gorgeous George is forgiving to those who accept his greatness, and will allow these peasants to rejoin the family in due time so long as they show remorse for their ignorance whilst simultaneously bending the knee and kissing his ring.

He has given quite afew debuts since being here to be fair

Got it right today and strong enough team
And just as importantly, stopped wasting the time of Parrott, Skipp and KWP. KWP and Skipp are really flourishing, and hopefully so will Parrott.

This is how it should be, if you're good enough, you train with the first team, once you're starting to get to your late teens/early 20s, decisions have to be made, regular(ish) first team football or out on loan or sold.

It was all grinding to a halt under Poch.

Clearest depiction of Mourinho being one of the best game state managers even to this day. Tottenham are in a losing position as % of total match time less than any other team in the league.

Challenge for Mourinho is to change how he manages matches where Spurs are a goal up with significant time left to play against the majority of opponents.

You drop some sound data and thoughts on the technical side, skills.

Back
Top Bottom