Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd fucking love us to go on a marauding run and chase them down, but the idea that we're expecting him to basically put together a perfect run with a side that hasn't won away since January is ridiculous.

I could, however, see them asking for European football of any description.
If he manages to do it, there are extra points towards him. If he can't, and ends the season like 5 points behind the top 4, I'd still call it a good result for his first year. Another good thing, is that we will not rely AS MUCH in Champions League qualification as we used to. The man is a brand, and there are too many footballers that still dream playing under him.

In my opinion yes, he's a knob. But he's also a proven winner and our club desperately need some silverware. So if he wins us some trophies I'm sure I can live with his personality.

That was only one guy, and he was called a moron by most of the regulars here. Most of us are feeling optimistic, but not deluded or overconfident. We're just feeling that things will get better than they used to (not a hard task)
I disagree. Plenty feel like we are pretty much sure to get trophies now.

200.gif

100% that's the expectation

This is Levy.....paying a manager double the previous guy who got us there 4 years on the bounce

And in none of those 4 years did we have this terrible of a start. It doesn't matter how much we pay a coach when the UCL spot isn't in our hands but in Chelsea and Leicester's. Mourinho can't help Brighton beating Chelsea for us.

This isn't a slight on José - but looking at these pictures really does hit home how brutal/quick football can be.
:pochshock2:
You don't know the half of it.

I know people who have had a job one day and literally overnight been relieved of their duties. And been left in limbo the next day.

Cut throat and ruthless are just words. But take on a new meaning when you're actually left in that position.

And in none of those 4 years did we have this terrible of a start. It doesn't matter how much we pay a coach when the UCL spot isn't in our hands but in Chelsea and Leicester's. Mourinho can't help Brighton beating Chelsea for us.

He hasn't shelled out the best part of £25m in one swoop to finish 5th

The pressure is on Mourinho to deliver straight away

If you read the article is the usual weasel wording.

It says 'no funds for an overhaul'. So who gets to define what an 'overhaul' is?

We were never going to buy more than one or two anyway. I expect Fernandes and some sort of defender.

Back
Top Bottom