Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That’s good news, one of the most annoying things about Poch was how he used young players. The ones he rated he refused to allow on loan but he never actually played them. Even this season he was giving minutes to a zombie Wanyama instead of Skipp. Young players need to play, a few loans didn’t do Harry Kane any harm.
:freund:
Apart from the broken foot...

Jose at 4-0 is a character.

Wait until he’s drawing and losing games - he’s a nightmare. But all winners are - they hate losing (look at Guardiola).

Jose will get you far in the CL this season I think, hope you win it.
Haven’t you got any mates of your own? He didn’t get you very far in it though? I hope you go out of business. Rancid club that you are.

78670051_1407023276138567_4385263726358429696_n.jpg

"A good match for me," he told BT Sport. "I don't want to speak about conclusions because it is too strong a word but I would say important information."

"I give you clearly a positive example because they are easier. Today I learned a lot about Juan Foyth.

"He didn't play one minute for me until today and I learned more in these 90 minutes than I did in two or three weeks of training. No conclusions but good information."

Bayern Munich opened the scoring in the 14th minute, before Sessegnon pulled them level just six minutes later.

It was the first proper look that the Portuguese manager got at the young winger but it appears Mourinho is well aware of the talent the former Fulham wide man has.

"That is his quality, that is the quality we know he has. He arrives always in dangerous positions and he is a good finisher.

"He can improve, he lost too many individual duels. He has a lot to develop but the potential is there."

Just as I expected, Jose found out tonight who he can really rely on, like I said in the match thread, the "nothing games" are when you really find out who's willing to put a shift in and play with the heart and energy that is required in the big games, too many strolling around tonight with poor attitudes, think the humble one might be about to leave the building...

Good to see some ruthless words from him. It was also good to hear him single out those misses from Sonny, a player of his quality has to score those two chances. We must have much higher standards if we want to reach the top level. Even though we played like shit today, we should have scored at least 4 goals.

The good news for Jose is we currently have a lot of very mouldable talent for him to work with who could still turn out for an u23 game if need be:

Austin (20)
Walker-Peters (22)
Foyth (21)
Sanchez (23)
Cirkin (17)
Winks (23)
Ndombele (22)
Lo Celso (23)
Dele (23)
Sessegnon (19)
Parrott (17)

Backup:

Whiteman (21)
Tanganga (20)
Eyoma (19)
Binks (18)
Georgiou (22)
Skipp (19)
Jack Clarke (18)
Luke Amos (22)
Max Robson (17)
Chay Cooper (18)
Harvey White (18)
Jack Roles (20)
Jamie Bowden (18)
George Marsh (21)
Kion Etete (18)

26 youngsters who have ability. Not all of them will make it but let's be honest when we look at the starting XI and potentially a bench that would consist of Whiteman, Tanganga, Georgiou, Skipp, Jack Clarke, Roles & Etete we have a hell of a lot of potential that could click with the right guidance and nurturing. Time for a few loans I feel, let's get some of these kids playing with the pros!

The good news for Jose is we currently have a lot of very mouldable talent for him to work with who could still turn out for an u23 game if need be:

Austin (20)
Walker-Peters (22)
Foyth (21)
Sanchez (23)
Cirkin (17)
Winks (23)
Ndombele (22)
Lo Celso (23)
Dele (23)
Sessegnon (19)
Parrott (17)

Backup:

Whiteman (21)
Tanganga (20)
Eyoma (19)
Binks (18)
Georgiou (22)
Skipp (19)
Jack Clarke (18)
Luke Amos (22)
Max Robson (17)
Chay Cooper (18)
Harvey White (18)
Jack Roles (20)
Jamie Bowden (18)
George Marsh (21)
Kion Etete (18)

26 youngsters who have ability. Not all of them will make it but let's be honest when we look at the starting XI and potentially a bench that would consist of Whiteman, Tanganga, Georgiou, Skipp, Jack Clarke, Roles & Etete we have a hell of a lot of potential that could click with the right guidance and nurturing. Time for a few loans I feel, let's get some of these kids playing with the pros!

It does look good. This is just my biggest concern with Mourinho. I didn't get the feeling he was on the same page as Martial, Rashford and Shaw at United

Austin (20)
Walker-Peters (22)
Foyth (21)
Sanchez (23)
Cirkin (17)
Winks (23)
Ndombele (22)
Lo Celso (23)
Dele (23)
Sessegnon (19)
Parrott (17)

Backup:

Whiteman (21)
Tanganga (20)
Eyoma (19)
Binks (18)
Georgiou (22)
Skipp (19)
Jack Clarke (18)
Luke Amos (22)
Max Robson (17)
Chay Cooper (18)
Harvey White (18)
Jack Roles (20)
Jamie Bowden (18)
George Marsh (21)
Kion Etete (18)

We saw tonight how KWP isn't good enough. I saw Cirkin, Binks and White for the U19s this afternoon, they were awful frankly. Robson was an unused sub. From what I've seen of Georgiou he'll be lucky to get a 2nd Division team to take him on.

I've thought for some time we overrate our yootdem

I know I am in the minority here and I got called out a bit in the Bayern Match Thread, but I need to see more of Jose before I can make a judgement on this appointment.

I can say definitively that it is early days and there is still a lot of work to be done, but I can also say definitively that I am not in love with the way we have played so far. Goals aside, I find the style of play very limiting and one dimensional.

I hope to see some more breadth to the way we play as we continue to see more from Jose.

Question for those that now him more than I do. What made his Chelsea teams so deadly? I really can't recall those early chelsea days. I know Claude was a Kante in the middle and Essien was a great box to box, but how did they play? Was it a similar swashbuckler style of win the second ball and play it off of Drogba?

I know I am in the minority here and I got called out a bit in the Bayern Match Thread, but I need to see more of Jose before I can make a judgement on this appointment.

I can say definitively that it is early days and there is still a lot of work to be done, but I can also say definitively that I am not in love with the way we have played so far. Goals aside, I find the style of play very limiting and one dimensional.

I hope to see some more breadth to the way we play as we continue to see more from Jose.

Question for those that now him more than I do. What made his Chelsea teams so deadly? I really can't recall those early chelsea days. I know Claude was a Kante in the middle and Essien was a great box to box, but how did they play? Was it a similar swashbuckler style of win the second ball and play it off of Drogba?

I would agree with that. He needs to win a couple of big games against quality sides for me to be completely convinced. But I must say we're on the right track and it looks VERY promising. The team's morale just looks different.

Back
Top Bottom