Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For years under Poch & Redknapp we played a B side and struggled against poor opposition in Europa or Domestic cup competitions frequently having to bring on the likes of Kane to rescue it or worse still losing to Colchester. The same happened a couple of weeks back and Mourinho was not happy. I did not think he would risk making as many as 10 changes again but he did and this time it worked. The opposition were poor and we will see if Mourinho persists with this team next week in what will be a little more difficult but still doable.

I'm really impressed with the cohesiveness and harmony in the squad. Prior to this appointment, Jose had a reputation for creating division within camps, isolating individuals etc. Maybe we have a good bunch of lads but regardless, the harmony in the squad and togetherness is really inspiring - even someone like Dele who hasn't been getting game-time is in unison with the rest of the team and it shows.

I've just been a clip of Reguilon, a Spaniard, going bananas over a game of cricket, who would have thought this was possible!

We have just went to the highest scoring team in the league without our best central defender and got a clean sheet

Who would of thought that could happen 18 months ago
Zero goals conceded against City and Chelsea.

Before playing against City, we were second. After playing against City and Chelsea, we are top of the league.

COYS

Last edited:
5 games since the West Ham debacle and we've conceded just 1 goal.

And even that 1 goal should have been disallowed for a foul on Hojbjerg.

Great stuff.

Mental that we've got the best defensive record in the league so far, and managed to keep both City and Chelsea out, with what is undoubtedly our weakest group of CBs we've had for years.

The Mou system and the hard work of the players around them has to be praised really.

Back
Top Bottom