Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we keep playing this kind of football i might accept keeping Mourinho until summer. If we keep playing like today and get CL next season, and if he don't throw any more players under the bus, I will reluctantly accept him for next season. If we start parking the bus against shit teams and try to defend an early 1-0 goal like we have done so many times this year I'm back in the Mourinho out corner.

Last edited:
You want your clean sheets, Mou? Attack, keep possession, minimize the opportunities the other team gets. Don't constantly put the back line under pressure and lean on our excellent attack and midfield.

If Mourinho sets Spurs up like this every week then he can stay for as long as he wants.

This game made me so angry. The simple decisions that were staring everyone in the face were finnaly made.

The dropping of Toby in major games has proven to be the peevish mistake it always was. Toby had to be the senior partner of any CB pairing.

Bale was magnificent how can you have a bale in your squad and not start him against West ham. This really fucks me off. Everything Bale touched in the last two weeks was gold but he could only get a start when we are 1 down to West Ham.

Mourinho will now take credit for this win and thats only fair. But the win was counter to mourinho previous decisions.

Knowing your best side is the most important factor in football management. That 1st eleven against West ham is looking more and more like a complete failure of management.
Hopefully Mourinho has learnt something and we progress.

Last edited:
This game made me so angry. The simple decisions that were staring everyone in the face were finnaly made.

The dropping of Toby in major games has proven to be the peevish mistake it always was. Toby had to be the senior partner of any CB pairing.

Bale was magnificent how can you have a bale in your squad and not start him against West ham. The really fucks me off. Everything bale touched in the last two weeks was gold but he could only get a start when we are 1 down to West Ham.

Mourinho will now take credit for this win and thats only fair. But the win was counter to mourinho previous decisions.

Knowing your best side is the most important factor in football management. That 1st eleven against West ham is looking more and more like a complete failure of management.
Bale wasn't fit until a couple weeks ago and had two significant injuries already this season. He had just started the Thursday before the West Ham game. I get bringing him on in the 2nd half as opposed to starting him given our fixture list coming up is really congested and we want Bale fit through that stretch.

Could he have started? Probably, and maybe he would have been perfectly healthy doing so. But let's not act like the guy has been fully fit since September and can start two games a week every week. It's smart to manage his minutes, especially as he is still working back from being out.

Beat Leeds 3-0
“Finally we never do this, first time I’ve seen us play like that this season”

Beat Sheff Utd 3-1

Beat WBA 2-0

Lose to Everton 5-4

Beat Burnley 4-0

Bale was magnificent how can you have a bale in your squad and not start him against West ham. The really fucks me off. Everything bale touched in the last two weeks was gold but he could only get a start when we are 1 down to West Ham.

Not having this bud.

I’m not saying that Jose hasn’t made mistakes, but to place all you are at his door, doesn’t do it for me. Neither you, i or anyone else that wastes their lives on here, know what’s going on day to day. There are numerous reasons in play for when it comes to analysing what’s gone right and wrong so far this season and none of us know for sure.

I’m no fan of Roy Keane but he was spot on today in two things. Jose knows more about the game than any of us and is the only one of us to see the players all the time.

I find it impossible to believe that if Bale and Dele had been wonderful in training, fit as fiddles and positive mentally and still didn’t play, that we wouldn’t know more about it. There’d be dressing room leaks all over the place.

And what manager doesn’t play top players without reason? Do you think Jose is just trying to make his life more difficult and position more shaky because he finds things too easy? What reason would he have not to play these guys, except for training, fitness or mental issues?

Beat Leeds 3-0

Beat Sheff Utd 3-1

Beat WBA 2-0

Lose to Everton 5-4

Beat Burnley 4-0
Maybe if Mourinho did that in the other matches instead of the negative shit that hasn't worked since Palace in December we wouldn't need to bring it up every time.

Saying Mourinho gets it right 25% of the time isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

Whats been one of the main differences in the performances recently? Confidence. It look like Jose and the players are opening up abit more and playing in a style that certainly suits the players. Clearly this squad has some very good attacking players who were being asked to defend way too much.

Big couple of games coming up against Fulham and Palace. Really we should be winning these and 6 points would go along way to moving us up the table.

I'm certainly not getting carried away though because we beat WBA then lost to West Ham the week after.

Beat Leeds 3-0

Beat Sheff Utd 3-1

Beat WBA 2-0

Lose to Everton 5-4

Beat Burnley 4-0
You were saying Mournho needs to go the other day weren't you ....

10/10 today. just hope that PEH isnt nothing bad because that would disrupt everything as sissoko changes the midfield play too much. gio still to come back..lets just hope the key players can stay fit

Prepare yourself for rotation for the midweek game. Hojbjerg twisted his ankle, Aurier was struggling before he went off and Toby won’t play every game. It’s what happens. Personally I’d like to keep a settled back four but I wouldn’t blame him for changing it. Just don’t play Sissoko or Dier. Please!

Beat Leeds 3-0

Beat Sheff Utd 3-1

Beat WBA 2-0

Lose to Everton 5-4

Beat Burnley 4-0
Not sure if this post is criticising or endorsing Mourinho?

If it’s the former I’d say it’s spot on, and proof we shouldn’t get carried away by today’s result...

And what manager doesn’t play top players without reason? Do you think Jose is just trying to make his life more difficult and position more shaky because he finds things too easy? What reason would he have not to play these guys, except for training, fitness or mental issues?

Its not for no reason it is because they don't fit into the style of play that he prefers to play. I don't know why you keep repeating that there was no reason when it is clear as day that they don't fit in both the set-up of a low block, negative team that doesn't want possession and that they don't play the style he wants which is no possession, tracking back deep, no risky passes and safety over creation.

Back
Top Bottom