Joshua Onomah

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yesterday the result wasn't great obviously, but it was Josh's best performance to date, he looked like a mini Dembele at one point running threw players at ease.

He will be even better next season and will rely on him more than most think.

If you don't mind, what are your opinions on him WindyCOYS WindyCOYS ?

Yesterday the result wasn't great obviously, but it was Josh's best performance to date, he looked like a mini Dembele at one point running threw players at ease.

He will be even better next season and will rely on him more than most think.

If you don't mind, what are your opinions on him WindyCOYS WindyCOYS ?

I'm not sure I agree. I think there is a talent there and I do hope he'll become a first-teamer by about 2018 but I don't think he's ready yet. I saw him last night again as the weakest player on the pitch - not that we should expect anything more than that, of course, given his age and experience.

Good that he's getting the time now, regardless, as it all adds up towards his development.

yeah, he looked poor for me last night, and tbh I haven't seen anything from him yet that has impressed me, not even something that eludes to something more (a stepover, beating a man, a powerful strike, just havent seen any indication of what potential he may have yet)

I know he's only 18, and will surely improve, but I can only judge him on what I've seen so far, and haven't been impressed so far.

I can only trust that Poch has seen something I haven't, because he looks very ordinary at the moment.

Far, far too early for him.

Never has been impressive or impactful in any way, imo. He's still young, so he's always is gonna have some potential, but he needs a good loan - PL club would be nice, but even a solid Championship club will be pretty helpful. Will be disappointed if he's not loaned out next season.

Not saying he's being overrated, but too many people are hoping that he'll become 'Kane-esque one of our own.'

yeah, he looked poor for me last night, and tbh I haven't seen anything from him yet that has impressed me, not even something that eludes to something more (a stepover, beating a man, a powerful strike, just havent seen any indication of what potential he may have yet)

I know he's only 18, and will surely improve, but I can only judge him on what I've seen so far, and haven't been impressed so far.

I can only trust that Poch has seen something I haven't, because he looks very ordinary at the moment.

This is it for me so far, I'm sure he has it in him to be a player with time, but at the moment I'm not quite sure what it is that's his 'thing'.

This is it for me so far, I'm sure he has it in him to be a player with time, but at the moment I'm not quite sure what it is that's his 'thing'.
Couldn't agree more with this. Most players fit in to a certain 'type' and you can kind of see what they offer to the team even at a young age. For example we knew that Tommy Carroll was a ball player/passer early on because that was his 'thing'.

Onomah has yet to show what exactly it is that he brings to the table. Not going to slate him for that but I'd like to see him show some more so we can see where his strengths really lie. Decent ball control / dribbler is all I can really muster so far.

Wasn't expecting him to set the world alight last night but I was disappointed with his body language when we were up against it. Seemed like he'd let his head drop quite early on.

Atm he seems too safety first to be an effective AM, and too poor defensively to be a CM. Yeah, he was pretty good on the ball, in the sense that he didn't fuck up, but then again he rarely did anything.

Defensively he seemed to very often not be where he was supposed to be. Dropped too deep too early, leaving our attempts to press horribly easy to deal with. All they had to do was to play the ball to their left, and they'd find a guy with plenty of space. And, despite Onomah dropping deep, I don't think he provided much help for Trippier defensively.

Seems like a guy who has the tools, in the form of technical and physical ability, but who has a lot of work to do with learning the game and learning how to take responsibility on the pitch.

I thought he held his own in a very difficult situation. People forget that he's a central (at a stretch attacking) midfielder playing on the wing. 18 years old away to Dortmund I thought he did quite well.

Far, far too early for him.

Never has been impressive or impactful in any way, imo. He's still young, so he's always is gonna have some potential, but he needs a good loan - PL club would be nice, but even a solid Championship club will be pretty helpful. Will be disappointed if he's not loaned out next season.

Not saying he's being overrated, but too many people are hoping that he'll become 'Kane-esque one of our own.'
This is what I have been saying in another thread. He's not physically ready for top flight football.
But in two years time he could a force to be reckoned with. The guy's a stick atm. Needs to fill out a bit
and I'm sure he will.

frustrating that we haven't used him in ALL the group EL games at Qarabag etc. He needs game time, and I very much subscribe to the Saggy Chops EL strategy, i.e. kids and those coming back from injury needing game time. He'd have had about, ooh, 28 matches by now as well as totting up the air miles. Probably scored a few too, so also on the verge of an England call up by Woy.

He's shown more than Kane had done at an equivalent stage. I like what Ive seen but I'm pissed off that he was used in the FA cup (not many matches to get to Wembley). Dortmund away with an overrun midfield, I thought he did about as well as could be expected.

Then you (and your fellow agree'ers) haven't watched him enough, or closely enough.

I've seen him beat players, tackle players, play a part in one touch moves etc.

Not saying he's played great but there have been signs.

Back
Top Bottom