Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Weakness is not the problem I see with Foyth, it’s experience, he’s very naive at times and makes mistakes that he shouldn’t.

Only playing time will solve this.
He takes risks with his passing and Mourinho said over and over again in the Amazon thing don't make mistakes. Foyth has to get up to the Carvalho level on the ball for Mourinho to trust him.

Foyth will turn out a good player for whoever he plays for, I am fairly certain. Perhaps not at top PL level but I could easily see him turn out a very strong career at highly rated clubs given the chance to iron out his game and ply his trade as a CB. Could regret this one I feel, but if Jose doesn't rate him then who am I to judge.

Villarreal have a long tradition with Argentine players, eg their excellent team run by the maverick genius playmaker Juan Roman Riquelme.

Looking at their current squad, they're already strong defensively.

Raul Albiol & Pau Torres are Spanish international CBs, Ramiro Funes Mori is a CB/LB and fellow Argie international. And the RB, Gaspar, is the club captain.

Did Villarreal loan Foyth because they have a big offer pending for Pau Torres? Or do they plan on trying Foyth as a DM?

I welcome any insights from our Spanish members.

Foyth will turn out a good player for whoever he plays for, I am fairly certain. Perhaps not at top PL level but I could easily see him turn out a very strong career at highly rated clubs given the chance to iron out his game and ply his trade as a CB. Could regret this one I feel, but if Jose doesn't rate him then who am I to judge.

I agree with you that Juan will be a valuable player to some clubs in some leagues.

The one thing that i remember I’ve heard Jose mention in the past is that a good quality of a defender is the instinct of smelling the danger when in the box. I wonder if he felt that Juan lacks that instinct and commits too many mistakes in reacting too late.

Wish him well but I never really thought he'd turn into a PL CB of the quality we'd need. He has a TON of tools no doubt, should have been loaned out years ago though.

Personally, like others, I feel like he has a lot of tools to be a quality DM. I'm no expert though and surely it would have been tried if Poch or Jose thought he could work there.

Best of luck, even though it's a loan, it does feel like goodbye.

Wish him well but I never really thought he'd turn into a PL CB of the quality we'd need. He has a TON of tools no doubt, should have been loaned out years ago though.

This is it really, that’s what should have happened but for some reason Poch kept him around without playing him like KWP.

Like KWP, he could come good. He just needs experience me thinks.

Back
Top Bottom