Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think he's ever coming back is the point. Some seem to think he will and are deluding themselves that he hasn't been quite a disappointment. There's good reason the price is so low.

15m for a 22 year old defender who’s played less than 20 games in the last 3 seasons? ( took a guess at the matches played). I don’t think that’s that low. IMO, very little chance of him coming back and he should move on, but definitely a missed opportunity.

Anybody keeping tabs on his performances. I think he could be a very good player but as a right back or a dm.

I've said for ages I think he could be decent as a RB, but as with our other defenders he's also prone to the odd brain fart and needs a run of games to build up consistency.
I think he is young enough that with good coaching and regular match time he could improve a lot, but we were not able to give him either of those.

Anybody keeping tabs on his performances. I think he could be a very good player but as a right back or a dm.
He's only played two Europa League games and one game in La Liga (4 minutes at the end of a game). After that he hasn't been in the squad for either competition. No idea if he is injured or just not picked.

He's only played two Europa League games and one game in La Liga (4 minutes at the end of a game). After that he hasn't been in the squad for either competition. No idea if he is injured or just not picked.
Wait a fuckin minute...:gallashmm:

Since Juan joined Villarreal they have played 8 games, of which Juan has played 2...

2/8.... That's the same as 4 in 16... Which would mean it's about 25%... A quarter, no... What do you call it when... :adeohshit:

Oh no, I can't believe this, he's played... Juan Foyth!

:mourshock:

Not getting much game time but Villarreal are 2nd in La Liga so maybe a case of also not wanting to change a winning formula.

As the article points out, many of us Spurs supporters thought that Foyth's qualities suited a midfield role, so it will be interesting to see how he progresses should he be given the opportunity to make more appearances. Who knew that fans could identify player/role suitability better than top class managers?

He played in midfield (due to injuries to others) for 78 minutes in a cup match against a team I’ve never heard of.

From what I read he has hardly played in the league, more or less in the same situation he was here. Not trusted in the first XI. Let’s see if he has more success competing for a midfield position.

As the article points out, many of us Spurs supporters thought that Foyth's qualities suited a midfield role, so it will be interesting to see how he progresses should he be given the opportunity to make more appearances. Who knew that fans could identify player/role suitability better than top class managers?
If he becomes a reliable DM then that would be a real boost for us, IF Villareal reduse to sign him.

Back
Top Bottom