Kevin Wimmer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Puppy Fat??? He's not 8 years old!
A WELL STACKED UNIT is how I like to think of it...
Prime Austrian beef.

giphy.gif

The clubs photographers really gotta stop taking pictures (and using them) from down and up. It's basically one of the first rules when taking pics of people.

On topic: loving his accent.

The odd thing is that living in Austria I very rarely have actually seem Wimmer play - he's only been capped twice by the national team, and Köln aren't on the television here much.

Not sure going forward how often he'll play for Austria either, Dragovic is an assured starter in the back and Hinteregger seems to be his preferred partner for now.

I dont think he sounds like schwarzenegger. He just has a ridiculous accent like all south germans, only with a bit of austrian fun

I think he may suprise us this season and overtake Vertonghen in the pecking order.
He's currently 5th choice.

I'd love for him to surprise us though. I've seen him play, he looks a good player. If Dier ends up turning into a defensive midfielder then Wimmer is fourth choice and will more than likely play in the cup games alongside the experienced Fazio.

I'm interested to see how he plays in pre-season as I imagine he'll get game time. Also interested to see how he develops over the course of the season, Pochettino obviously has some sort of plan.

I imagine we'll see him in the early stages of cups/Europa League (opposition depending), but plenty of opportunities for the lad to show his ability.

He didn't impress me much last week. Not going to judge based on just one performance though.
Interesting. He wasn't caused any problems in 45 minutes, looked very strong on the ball and showed he is more than capable of picking out a great long ball deep to the wings. Hopefully he can win you over. He's a good talented young defender.

Interesting. He wasn't caused any problems in 45 minutes, looked very strong on the ball and showed he is more than capable of picking out a great long ball deep to the wings. Hopefully he can win you over. He's a good talented young defender.

Agree completely with you.

Only fault I saw was that sometimes he went down a bit easy, looking for a free kick. In the most physical league in the world, you can't be doing that every time you get a slight knock. Other than that he looked great.

Finally watched our game against the MLS all stars last night. Was shocked to see how big of a dude Wimmer is. Guy is HUGE. Hopefully he turns into an enforcer for us in the back.

Back
Top Bottom