Kidding myself

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Completely understand your point sammyspurs sammyspurs about we haven't really got any further since the Martin Jol days. But isn't that because of Man City?

If they didn't get taken over, wouldn't we be more successful in terms of league position and being in the CL more?

Good point, but they only replaced Liverpool really...You could argue that we are lucky that Pool have been declining

Lost in the aftermath of todays game, I never got round to checking the other results. Considering how we feel about not having a good showing against some of the 'smaller' prem sides, I was quite pleased to see Norwich beat Man United and the Baggies beat Chavski. Even Reading beat Everton.

Between Norwich, WBA, Reading and Woolwich, it's been a big day for crap sides.

Between Norwich, WBA, Reading and Woolwich, it's been a big day for crap sides.
I see what you did there...
4m5l5KWy.png

If we had Ade & Defoe up front the whole game, and Park, BAE & Dembele in the side would we still have been weaker then them?

This whole thread stinks of knee-jerk. Everyone is down in the dumps, negativity is flowing and off the back of a horrid result and all of a sudden the scum are better.

Well, if the scum are so fucking superior how come they only managed to finsih a point above us last year? How come this season they've been stuck behind us in the table until today? Who are their world beaters?

Not buying it. You lot are letting your dissapointment influence you.

We have the players we have until January at the very least. They are by no means a barrel load of shit, and most PL teams would kill to sign half of them at minimum.

Lets get behind them. They are our lads, whether the scum are better or not.
I think you are making it too focussed on L'Arse, I agree with Sammy's assessment about the general quality of the group of players that we have, and his conclusion that we are nothing more than an above mid table team.
When we had Modric and VDV we had a greater thread of quality about us, and we haven't come anywhere close to making equable replacements for them. If AVB is to succeed he is going to need the board to get some quality signings, to not only get us moving in the right direction, but also to give us market credibility to encourage players to come to us.
The team, club and business are in a fairly critical place at the moment and a serious slump might take the club backwards far further than would be healthy. Levy needs to put some serious thinking into making sure that the failure to make CL isn't compounded by making successive errors of judgement that have long term consequences.

Sadly, I've seen it happen before, and having the last few years of seeing really good performances and results (if not material success) has made me want more, and its going to be hard going back to the mediocrity of the past.

Personally I would be happy to see the advent of a European super league, and the loss of the perennial league winners club. Lets have enforced financial constraints and limits on non British players and seeing us compete in a league without the artificial success paid for by mega rich dickheads who are ruining the game and making it out of the reach of normal, dedicated football fans.

sorry its not particularly well articulated, but I'm just fed up of every season being little more but than a competition for 4th place..............

We have the 4th best team in the league on paper.

We just have a clueless clown for a manager and a hand-wringing time wasting chairman who was naive enough to buy into the hype surrounding some Portuguese child con artist.

We just have a clueless clown for a manager and a hand-wringing time wasting chairman who was naive enough to buy into the hype surrounding some Portuguese child con artist.
Who would you prefer as a chaiman then - Ken Bates?

Levy is probably one of the best commercial CEO's the club has had, sadly he is starting to believe that he also understands fotball, and the expression "a little bit of knowledge can be dangerous" springs to mind.

Would you rather be like City then? Or Rangers?
Would rather be like Rangers than City any day of the week. Rangers are attracting 40k to some games in the 3rd division of Scotland. City can't even sell out home fixtures in the Champions League... Their club is an embarrassment to football I'd hate for us to go down the same path.

Are you EVER going to tell us who you want instead of AVB then? if not please shut the fuck up you negative trolling cunt.

Id rather do things like Spurs, rather than get relegated for spending tens of millions of pounds that isnt yours, and not giving two fucks about paying it back.
So would I obviously, but you asked "would you rather be like City then? Or Rangers?" and out of the 2 I'd rather be Rangers.

I think that in terms of quality, player for player the ManUre team has been in decline (though it's all relative) for the last few seasons. However they have a figurehead, a leader of men at the helm which keeps them at the sharp end of the PL every season.

I do believe that AVB could be that leader of men for us (though it's all relative), unfortunatley for him if we don't get fourth or at least quite close, he may not get the chance.

:avbcringe:

Back
Top Bottom