Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems a great guy and always gives 100% . But he is out of his depth at that level. We need better players than Kieran Trippier if we intend to challenge for the big prizes

Based on his performance the other night I have to agree, that being said you would say the same of Dier and several other players, they just didn't have their best games, either this or the opposition set their stall up well. The dust needs to settle and we need to see how we get on with the remainder of the season and asses come transfer time. Aurier is still needs time to settle in, there will be games suited to Trippier so still want him around. I'm reserving judgement until the season ends...

Based on his performance the other night I have to agree, that being said you would say the same of Dier and several other players, they just didn't have their best games, either this or the opposition set their stall up well. The dust needs to settle and we need to see how we get on with the remainder of the season and asses come transfer time. Aurier is still needs time to settle in, there will be games suited to Trippier so still want him around. I'm reserving judgement until the season ends...
I thought Dier was terrific, think he was struggling (2nd half) with the injury he picked up to his arm. But he didn't let Matuidi have a kick of the ball.

Trippier is a good squad player but it’s definitely a position we can improve in. He’s not as good as Walker was.
I’d be surprised if Aurier doesn’t become first choice RB next season.

Seems a great guy and always gives 100% . But he is out of his depth at that level. We need better players than Kieran Trippier if we intend to challenge for the big prizes

Lets be honest- we did Madrid in running a back three and Trips did fine there.
Hes not gonna match up well against world class wingers, one on one, but in a back 3 setup that doesn't leave him over-exposed, he can for sure perform well enough to be part of a winning game-plan.

People slated Gibbs but he knew his football...many couldn’t handle him dismantling them in arguments.

I dunno mate, some of his reasoning was bizarre.

"Even a stopped clock" and all that....

What I don't get is calling for a ban for people whose opinions you don't agree with.

If TCF was a country, it would be a one party state:pochsulk:

People have a right to express their opinions to the community.

And the community have a right to agree or disagree with them.

I always maintain that, regardless of you opinion, if you make a well constructed argument and present your evidence accordingly then i will always listen and give credit where its due.

Be a dick about it and you can fuck off to the bin.

People have a right to express their opinions to the community.

And the community have a right to agree or disagree with them.

I always maintain that, regardless of you opinion, if you make a well constructed argument and present your evidence accordingly then i will always listen and give credit where its due.

Be a dick about it and you can fuck off to the bin.
Preaching water while drinking wine

giphy.gif

Preaching water while drinking wine

giphy.gif

I refer you to my above post... prove where i have ever done otherwise.

Most peoples issue with you stems from your disagree spamming. Which is troll behaviour and worthy of a binning imo.

#dontactlikeadickandyouwontgetbinned

I refer you to my above post... prove where i have ever done otherwise.

Most peoples issue with you stems from your disagree spamming. Which is troll behaviour and worthy of a binning imo.

#dontactlikeadickandyouwontgetbinned
Yeah that going on disagree spree was childish behaviour I'd admit that even though I have always been more on the receiving end than the other way around.

You've also had your fair share of your disagree spamming tbh John Thomas John Thomas would attest to that too.

Yeah that going on disagree spree was childish behaviour I'd admit that even though I have always been more on the receiving end than the other way around.

You've also had your fair share of your disagree spamming tbh John Thomas John Thomas would attest to that too.

Nowhere near the same levels pal. I take issue with some posters more than others because i disagree with them more than others. Not spamming up unrelated posts about their kids or what they're having for dinner in some kind of revenge mission.

Plus i'd already admitted that the tit for tat shit was fucking tedious and said as much to John. I only ever really call him out to back his posts up with evidence tbf.

Fair play for holding your hands up though.

Game of two halves I thought.

He was great in the first half, especially going forward - but second half, he was fucking abysmal defensively. Holebas and Richarlison just going through him at every opportunity.

Almost every good Watford attack came down our right hand side.

Still find it amazing that he has 11 assists and 1 goal for us in the 3 seasons he's been here and 5 of those assists have been against Watford and the 1 goal he has was against Watford too.

I bet tripps would have double the assists if we counted the number of times his crosses were mishandled by the opposition in their own box. His crossing may not always find one of ours directly, but he's definitely our main source of danger out wide right now.

Was very good yesterday, solid at the back, and creating havoc in their box the whole first half.

The only person who put the ball into the box yesterday, and causes more situations than Eriksen, Son and Lamela put together

I thought he was crap. Why the fuck do people like him for sticking in endless crosses into the box? He got an assist last night but fuck me it wasn't exactly a sweat move from the training ground, ball played to Kane, who slips on his arse so misses the ball and it goes across the box to Tipps who taps it's back to Kane who's unmarked. That was the ONLY "cross" that he found a Spurs player, literally every single cross he had last night was woeful (haven't dug out the stats but it wouldn't surprise me it was +10 crosses from him!!).

Defensively he was a liability, every single attack they had, and they had loads of them, came down his flank. Any oppo manger knows he's our weak link, so they target him and it works, were it not for Hugo and some woeful finishing on their part (or a team with better quality) we might have lost last night. He was beaten in the air, ball payed behind him, lost tackles. What are you lot watching?

A Spurs team doesn't concede shots on goal, except when Tripps plays, then we concede chance after chance. He's shit.

Back
Top Bottom