Kim Min-Jae

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Christ I had to read twice thinking he married son

They are quite tender with each other

skysports-south-korea-min-jae-kim_5042815.jpg

How so John? He's a full international who by all accounts has always impressed on the international scene. Sought after by a few European clubs also by all accounts.

We don't have enough cash to spend just for marketing if we are seriously after him it's because we will think he can do a job for us

Just spouting his usual guff....

We already have the poster-boy of SK football...

$3m gap between them is not so big

HA HA! do they know who they're dealing with? :levylol:

Their chairman will be left sobbing into his webcam; wishing he'd taken the initial 15m offer as he didn't even want Luke Amos and a pre-season friendly vs Spurs ladies, let alone instead of the cash...

:levystare:

I thought barca was sniffing around at the time but didn't persue it as hard as we did. it was quite a coup for us at the time considering.
How Newcastle rejected Luka Modric before he joined Tottenham

By Benjamin NewmanPublished: September 23, 2018 9:47 am
Last Updated: September 23, 2018 9:49 am
Newcastle, Tottenham & Luka Modric
Writing in the Guardian over the weekend, journalist Daniel Taylor has turned back the clock for Newcastle, Tottenham and Luka Modric.
The following story about Modric has come out with respect to Kevin Keegan’s new autobiography. Daniel Taylor helped Keegan write the book.
It’s now come to light that Newcastle had the opportunity to sign Luka Modric before he joined Spurs.
However, in classic Newcastle style, the Magpies shot themselves in the foot.
Daniel Taylor tells the following story:
Keegan set up a meeting with Luka Modric’s agent with a view to signing one of Europe’s outstanding players, then aged 22, only for (Tony) Jimenez to decide he knew better.
An agreement was close when Jimenez, according to Keegan, turned to the agent and said "Can I come in here?'"he said. "I don’t think Luka is good enough for the Premier League. He’s too lightweight. He’s decent, but he’s not good enough to play for a club with Newcastle’s ambitions."
Which must have been crushing news for Modric when he was decorating Tottenham’s midfield, winning all those European Cups with Real Madrid and other minor achievements such as being named the outstanding player of the last World Cup.

By Rob Stewart
12:01AM BST 24 Apr 2008

Newcastle are close to buying highly-rated Croatia midfielder Luka Modric in a £12 million deal with Dinamo Zagreb.

Dinamo vice-president Zdravko Mamic met Newcastle representatives at the city's Malmaison hotel this week for talks over the playmaker who will be a key member of Slaven Bilic's Croatia side at Euro 2008.
It is understood the deal has been spearheaded by Newcastle's director of football, Dennis Wise, and should Modric, 22, sign it would represent a significant coup as he has attracted the attention of Chelsea, Tottenham and Woolwich.
Mamic, who oversaw Eduardo da Silva's move to Woolwich, has informally confirmed that Modric is near to finalising a move to Newcastle, where manager Kevin Keegan is short of midfield creativity.

Can we please stop hyping the big fucker until he's even kicked a ball in Lilywhite so you don't get too invested in his reputation before he actually deserves one amongst the fans?

Some of the strongest defenders of Ndombele were the ones who hyped him most. Hope he's a smasher, time will tell. Have heard mixed reports from Korean fans tbh.
If he's not as good as he's hyped to be then why are we signing him?

He scored an own goal against a quite weak Northern Ireland side about 2 years ago (Korea lost 2-1 in Belfast despite dominating the ball), remember watching the highlights, but didn't go as it was a quite early kick off on a Saturday.
I'm sure he has matured quite a bit in two years, if Jose thinks he is ready that's good enough for me.

Did he do his army service yet? Not having that shite again

It seems completely wrong for any club to lose a player for up to two years and that could have easily happened with Son.

A club spends millions on a player, has him under contract and he has to fuck off for two years.
It just seems grossly unfair but, despite that, the club should know about this before going ahead with the signing.

I would have thought a high profile South Korean footballer would be doing a greater service to his nation by continuing with his career (unless he's a fucking good soldier and a beast like Superman or the Terminator).

Wouldn't it be better to exempt top sportspeople from national service and just let them represent their country by doing what they do?

Let's give him a chance to put on a spurs shirt first, I actually think he will be good for us should he sign.
We need some physicality in the side, at times we are a soft touch Jose has identified this and has acted quick on it.
I guess I'd be liking us to sign players that are clearly good enough to make an impact from day 1.

I'd never heard of him before but he looks like the type of player we need.

Back
Top Bottom