Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have seen all but one of SH games this year and I don't see the turnovers you speak about, but yeah, he is not the RB that Mou wants.
Can't say I've watched most of their games but at least 4 full matches and he has these recurring lapses when he gets caught off guard. Leading to a substantial amount off high quality chances.

If he can sort those out he would be pretty good, but I've said that about so many players now... Difficult to coach out, hopefully maturity does it.

Found this graph on reddit. Interesting to see that shit RB we sold sitting in area one would want to be in.

Don't know the methodology for this, but happy KWP has found a system that works for him and a manager that trusts him.

He plays for Southampton in way similar to Walker at City, funnily enough. He's not a RB in the traditional sense, in possession he's one of their most creative long/medium range passers, a ball over the top from KWP to Ings has been a key weapon for them.

He tends to play in central areas and play like a creative DM/CM more than RB when they really pin the opposition back. Just like Walker. His dribbling and ball control in tight spaces is a joy to watch.

Defensively though, it's just expected that he'll get beat so he often doesn't bother, one of the CBs picks up the opposition runner and he is more like Bergwijn in that defensive phase making a late run to intercept or tackle.

So the "hard to dribble past" stat is nonsense.

Which Wolves fans?

I have heard from multiple fans before our game that they wished they had him back at their club.

Anyways KWP sucks, would be nice to have the HG factor but he is not close to good enough for us and not that good for Southampton either. Still so scared and does as much as he can to avoid the play offensively and defensively.

Obviously there are a lot of Wolves fans in the world so their opinions differ but from the website forums I visit, the large majority were fine with Doherty leaving.

I disagree with KWP. I think he is just as good as Doherty and until this year with Aurier improving I’d say KWP would be a starter for us. He’s young and will keep improving.

If we loaned him out more he would be even better but we messed his development up and it cost us.

Obviously there are a lot of Wolves fans in the world so their opinions differ but from the website forums I visit, the large majority were fine with Doherty leaving.

I disagree with KWP. I think he is just as good as Doherty and until this year with Aurier improving I’d say KWP would be a starter for us. He’s young and will keep improving.

If we loaned him out more he would be even better but we messed his development up and it cost us.

He's 23 so not really that young and I am not sure his issues will improve. He is scared and I doubt he changes that, he has zero desire to insert himself into the game and that results in him having major issues defensively.

Aurier and Doherty definitely need to be improved on but KWP does not come close to improving on them.

He was awful out there, Mane did whatever he wanted. Take KWP off the field and play with 10 men and you would t have noticed a difference.

He was awful out there, Mane did whatever he wanted. Take KWP off the field and play with 10 men and you would t have noticed a difference.
Yup, an in form Mane would've wrecked them.

Honestly have no idea why he got MOTM tonight. I don’t always agree with the MOTM, but can convince myself afterwards by thinking back at what happened, but this one escapes me completely.

I never wanted us to sell him. I wanted Poch to play him ahead of trippier and Aurier yet he never gave him a run in the side. Poch arguably fucked up his development with us. Would never loan him out or play him.

This is outrageous.

I can't believe the outcome bias by Sky, you and a few others.

Just because he was involved in 50% of the action and Saints kept a clean sheet doesn't mean he defended well at all.

This is so baffling I'm going straight to bed. Don't mean any offense...
Good night.
Most duels of all Southampton players, highest duels won % of all Southampton players. Nun nite.

Most duels of all Southampton players, highest duels won % of all Southampton players. Nun nite.

Most tackles won too.

Crazy what people see.

Then again, if we had kept a cleansheet against Liverpool. Our full backs would probably have been praised completely.

Most tackles won too.

Crazy what people see.

Then again, if we had kept a cleansheet against Liverpool. Our full backs would probably have been praised completely.
For balance and perspective, Aurier's performance against LFC/Mane was much, much better, but then there is a subtle difference in how the manager sets them up to be debated.

Back
Top Bottom