Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still such a good decision to sell him.

He seems like a nice enough guy but better that he goes and does nothing for a meh team like Southampton.

Doherty has taken a but to adapt but even with his struggles is such a massive upgrade.

Comes across well, has played well at Soton and his best years are still ahead of him. Think we dropped a bollock swapping him out for Doherty who's got 3 years left in the prem probably.

KWP is never going to be a worldy full-back his weakness was and still is maintaining 100% concentration and position over 90 minutes ... he needed to play 90 minutes every week whereas Doherty needed to become a proper defender not just a fast runner ... think it could still work out well for both players.

Don't underestimate Doherty he's fought for game time his whole career he will be back.

KWP is never going to be a worldy full-back his weakness was and still is maintaining 100% concentration and position over 90 minutes ... he needed to play 90 minutes every week whereas Doherty needed to become a proper defender not just a fast runner ... think it could still work out well for both players.

Don't underestimate Doherty he's fought for game time his whole career he will be back.
Worldy is an absolute term and not really the point, Doherty (or Serge) are not worldys either. He's playing well, improving and his best years are in front of him, I don't think any of that can be levelled at Doherty.

As Doherty gets past it and most likely leaves, KWP will be coming into his prime at 26 years old.

I think we managed him badly in terms of development and then sold him when we shouldn't have for a player who's not been am improvement and is 6 years older. Real shame.

I'm barely older than him but I just have such a paternal feeling towards him. I want to protect him.

So happy that he's doing well, one of those I desperately wanted to succeed here. We'll always have the hattrick of assists against Bournemouth.

Worldy is an absolute term and not really the point, Doherty (or Serge) are not worldys either. He's playing well, improving and his best years are in front of him, I don't think any of that can be levelled at Doherty.

As Doherty gets past it and most likely leaves, KWP will be coming into his prime at 26 years old.

I think we managed him badly in terms of development and then sold him when we shouldn't have for a player who's not been am improvement and is 6 years older. Real shame.
Maybe, I just think Doherty offers a lot more now, far happier with him as a first/second RB than KWP ... maybe in two/three years time that will reverse, but who knows which players we will have signed by then.

I do agree we handled KWP badly ... however when a manager signs a 25m player in your position, chances are he's always going to start him over you the 20 year old junior ... that's just how it goes, unlucky for KWP but not that unusual.

Last edited:
Can't see how anyone can disagree with this.

Not the only one either. I imagine it was the likes of Madueke and Binks seeing him playing really well in the first game of the season and then NOTHING for a year.

A route to the first team? Check.

Route from first team to, er, your second debut?!?!?!? Fuck that, I've got a career to look after thank you.

Never write a player off in their first year. He'll adapt.

Having a good game in the half hour or so I have watched today. He seems to be actually showing glimpses of his ability in the ball that anyone who watched the youth teams at the time knew he had.

We fucked him hard. I hope he has a great couple of years and then maybe returns to the club he loves

Found this graph on reddit. Interesting to see that shit RB we sold sitting in area one would want to be in.

Don't know the methodology for this, but happy KWP has found a system that works for him and a manager that trusts him.

Found this graph on reddit. Interesting to see that shit RB we sold sitting in area one would want to be in.

Don't know the methodology for this, but happy KWP has found a system that works for him and a manager that trusts him.

I wish we kept him instead of buying Doherty. Fills a HG spot, English, young, was cheaper option and is better or at least as good as Doherty.

Before anyone says “hindsight” Wolves fans were all too happy to see Doherty go. Our club should have known better from the start.

He's still conceding a lot of turnovers and makes costly mistakes in his own defensive third, both on and off the ball.
From what I have seen when Southampon plays...
He is also practically non existent while defending crosses.
Definitely a non Mou fullback.

No doubt doing better than Doc is doing for us though!

I wish we kept him instead of buying Doherty. Fills a HG spot, English, young, was cheaper option and is better or at least as good as Doherty.

Before anyone says “hindsight” Wolves fans were all too happy to see Doherty go. Our club should have known better from the start.

Which Wolves fans?

I have heard from multiple fans before our game that they wished they had him back at their club.

Anyways KWP sucks, would be nice to have the HG factor but he is not close to good enough for us and not that good for Southampton either. Still so scared and does as much as he can to avoid the play offensively and defensively.

He's still conceding a lot of turnovers and makes costly mistakes in his own defensive third, both on and off the ball.
From what I have seen when Southampon plays...
He is also practically non existent while defending crosses.
Definitely a non Mou fullback.

No doubt doing better than Doc is doing for us though!

I have seen all but one of SH games this year and I don't see the turnovers you speak about, but yeah, he is not the RB that Mou wants.

Back
Top Bottom