Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good luck to KWP

Another nothing player sold for millions clean profit - our academy turning out to be a money printing press for ENIC while the sad reality is one Kane in 10 years

Yep, I think he definitely had a role with us. But then again I thought we should of groomed Onomah to be dembele’s replacement and given Edwards games earlier. He deserved more games but I’m glad for him he’s left and can get on with his career as he was held back in his development with no loans.
A lot of good youth that could have contributed to the squad game over recent years has been wasted in favour of running the core players into the ground.

Pritchard, Onomah, Edwards, KWP all looked like they could have been utilised more and saved us wasting millions on the likes of Nkoudou, N'jie, Sissoko, Stambouli, Aurier etc.

Hopefully this is something we begin to set right with the likes of Cirkin, White and Tanganga.

Pritchard, Onomah, Edwards, KWP all looked like they could have been utilised more and saved us wasting millions on the likes of Nkoudou, N'jie, Sissoko, Stambouli, Aurier etc.
Mainly because those are terrible signings. Of course we need to integrate talents like Kane, Winks, Tanganga and Skipp in the first team squad (for instance Pritchard was never good enough to succeed here), but we need to take a serious look at out scouting and recruitment as well.. Aurier + Sissoko for £55m.. Ridiculous!

Saints fan here.

You're absolutely mental letting him go.

I honestly thought you'd want to keep him.

He's been immense for us.

Yep and when the inevitable happens and you sell him off because Southampton sell everyone and barely hold onto any of their players, you will do what every Southampton fan does and call him shit.

Mainly because those are terrible signings. Of course we need to integrate talents like Kane, Winks, Tanganga and Skipp in the first team squad (for instance Pritchard was never good enough to succeed here), but we need to take a serious look at out scouting and recruitment as well.. Aurier + Sissoko for £55m.. Ridiculous!
At the time he should've been breaking through he looked a real prospect, during his loan at Brentford he seemed to be either scoring or assisting every game. He seems to have tailed off badly now but at that point in time he could have been used from the bench and in 'easier' games to give Eriksen a rest and maybe playing for us he would've improved more than playing for Huddersfield.

He'd have been hard pressed to contribute as little as GKN.

Good luck Kyle. Always looked insane for our youth teams but, similarly to sessegnon, seems to lack the aggression to be a top level player. They are both too young to write off of course and you can't help wondering what might have been with a few earlier loan moves

I'm sorry to see him go, especially as it's one less home grown player. Think we should have developed his game a bit more, and this may be a bad move for us. Ah well, it is what it is, and I wish him all the best in the future.

KWP always looked a threat on attack, but his defensive positioning was the worst I’ve ever seen for a Spurs defender. Thought he might have a future as a winger.

Time to move this to General Football > Ex Spurs Players.Shame, I had really high hopes for him after that Newcastle MOTM performance. Hope he goes on to have a great career, but remembers to have a slip or 2 when we play against him.

A lot of good youth that could have contributed to the squad game over recent years has been wasted in favour of running the core players into the ground.

Hopefully this is something we begin to set right with the likes of Cirkin, White and Tanganga.

Well none of the players you listed have really proven us wrong up to now.
Add to others in same category such as Carroll, Townsend, Livemore, Caulker. All of them have become decent players and earned quite a buck for Spurs but none of them have ever become leaders or even certain starters for clubs on Spurs level.

Regarding KWP jury is out there ofc, but even if he becomes nailed on starter for Soton for next 5 years, it still does not prove that it was a mistake to sell him. If he makes it in club that manages to go neck-to-neck with us in the table then we can discuss it. Right now I absolutely can see him going to Carroll&Townsend route - e.g becoming significant player for relegation / bottom 3rd side.

Back
Top Bottom