Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So why are we not saying he is not for sale as we did with Dier? Perhaps the club are looking to use the money to strengthen elsewhere. I also hope he stays though but the club are strangely quiet on the issue.
If Walker is 23 then Levy will not sell. Levy is assuming Walker's value will be lower than 50 mil next summer onwards. Plus we have a decent replacement.
Also, Poch has a summer wish list which is so difficult to fulfill in current crzay market. We will need to first sell someone for crazy amount before we can splash crazy money.

I just need to keep telling myself that Trippier is one of the best crosses of the ball in the Country, and Kyle isn't.. . But he is fast!

I just need to keep telling myself that Trippier is one of the best crosses of the ball in the Country, and Kyle isn't.. . But he is fast!

If Walker is sold, we aren't going into the new season with Trippier as first choice, don't worry.

I do too... IF Kyle goes (which apparently isn't such a big "if" anymore) then I imagine Trippier will become 1st choice... and either Kyle Walker-Peters deputies... or we sign another youngster to cover.

I want to agree with you, but the fact Trips has just signed a new deal leads me to believe this is exactly what will happen.
I think it's possible yes. And I'm quite relaxed about it. We'll get a new right back sooner or later.
Would rather Trippier continue his decent form from last season than dump in a new face who could easily take months to get up to speed.

I think it's possible yes. And I'm quite relaxed about it. We'll get a new right back sooner or later.
Would rather Trippier continue his decent form from last season than dump in a new face who could easily take months to get up to speed.
Just for the record, I'm a fan of trippier and think he'd do a great job at RWB, as he did when he stepped in, but don't believe replacing Walker is high on Poch's list of priorities.

Pathetic if true. I'm still clinging to the hope that Levy would never sell the fans short by selling one of our top players to a direct rival.
Fuck this rinsing City bullshit. We should be keeping our best players. We're Spurs, not Southampton
Yes I'm not too bothered about him going, for a big fee, but I thought our days of selling our best players to our rivals was over.

Money talks.

I do too... IF Kyle goes (which apparently isn't such a big "if" anymore) then I imagine Trippier will become 1st choice... and either Kyle Walker-Peters deputies... or we sign another youngster to cover.
And so the production line continues. The selling club excels.
Produce great players. Sell for a profit. Replace with potential.
Produce great players. Sell for a profit. Replace with potential.
While suitors win trophies and titles, Spurs remain one step away.

I'm not digging your post mate. It just seems an inevitable cycle of acceptance by the fans of our selling club mentality.

Pathetic if true. I'm still clinging to the hope that Levy would never sell the fans short by selling one of our top players to a direct rival.
Fuck this rinsing City bullshit. We should be keeping our best players. We're Spurs, not Southampton

Personal stuff is pushing the move - he'll only go to City or United, so it's impossible not to sell him to a rival unless he changes his mind.

If Walker goes we will still progress this season, it won't look like we miss him much. Walker would improve City, but they're still going to fall short again. And they'll have to pay through the nose if they want him. It's not just that he is the best it is that City are rivals and we have no incentive to sell except a crazy fee. These City boys can stick up the cash or they can go fuck themselves.

I'd be sad to see him go because he is the best in the country and a Spurs player at the end of the day, he's served the club well and has a good history with us. If that service continues and he helps us win trophies then that would be ideal, if he goes, he must want to go, and we can't deny him that.

I want to agree with you, but the fact Trips has just signed a new deal leads me to believe this is exactly what will happen.

I look at it as more rewarding a great and reliable footballer for a great season, a season which has seen him get called up for England and start.

Whilst I hope for more KWP game time this coming season, I personally cannot see us going forward with Trippier and KWP.

I think we'll get a new right back in if Walker goes and he will be used in a 'Trippier' role in the sense that he won't be thrust into the first team straight away.

Personal stuff is pushing the move - he'll only go to City or United, so it's impossible not to sell him to a rival unless he changes his mind.

"Personal" as in personal bank account...?

Why will only Manchester be accepted?

He's on a 5yr deal... If he wants out for family/hpmesick reasons, bite the bullet and spend 6 months on loan at Sheffield Utd and see how he feels after that.

Why not Everton, Leeds whoever.... Loads of clubs up north...

Wealth shouldn't matter to an already wealthy man when it comes to family, right....???

To accept an agenda from him of location AND huge payrise, I'm sorry but we'd just be bending over for him and city.... Fuck that!

Also if we are selling then Levy really ought to state that the longer the deal drags on the the price will increase incrementally....

Would suit City very nicely, to drag this out and disrupt our window. Pay up or fuck off!

Back
Top Bottom