Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wasn't referring to KW as deadwood that'd be absurd. I was pointing to the £50m fee quoted for one of our prized assets and the fact that we have sold deadwood for above market rate then if Kyle Walker were to leave the club would be in receipt of a near world record fee.

Which implies the money is the only thing of interest to us...

How about the hole he'd leave behind?

How about how much he'd improve a direct rival (to whom money is no barrier)?

How about the message the saga sends to the other players?

The fee doesnt excite nor console me and selling KW won't spark a fantasy spending spree for so-called top players.

The fee doesnt excite nor console me and selling KW won't spark a fantasy spending spree for so-called top players.
I'm not implying that at all, read any of my posts on the subject my assertion is that club has no interest in selling Walker but if it does come down to him leaving then the sums we'd demand would be way above this quoted £50m.

We either replace him by buying someone (presumably costing less than the Walker fee), or Poch feels that we can get by with KT and KWP. Either way, in Poch I trust. Especially seeing how he's completely changed us from serial goal conceders to the meanest defence in the PL.

Walker before Poch appeared was a pretty average PL RB. Very pacy, not much else. Without Poch, what sort of RB would they be getting?

Yes I agree here. But there's also the point that if you put Walker on £100k a week to keep him, there are also several more valuable players who might get the hump as they should be on more than him (Toby, Jan, Rose, Kane, Dele, Eriksen, Hugo, Moose.....)

On balance I'd prefer to keep him - for the stability. For once our top XI would be the same as the previous season, the continuity would be great. Play Walker against the stronger teams, rotate with Trippier for the weaker ones. But I won't be devastated if he goes. imo he's our weakest first choice defender. If we have a weakest link in the team it's probably him (or Hugo's kicking).

I think it would be a bad move for everyone if Walker left , we'd be weaker , City would still concede fuck loads of goals because being in well organised defensive unit with wanyama and Dier protecting you and Jan and Toby next to you is a completely different kettle of fish to the were gonna score one more than you because we are considerably richer than you philosophy next to John Stones and Otamendi, Kyle will regress under Fraudiola the Catalonia cowboy , only Kyle's bank balance will benefit.

Lots of chat in here.

Walker has been a loyal servant to the club but if he wants out let him go. The money is irrelevant to me as its doubtful it will be re-invested into a first team player and im sure we will get a decent deal with Daniel-San in charge.

There are probably 7 or 8 first teamers who i would more concerned about losing. Pre Poch and pre current system he was a decent enough defender whose pace was by far his stand out asset but one whose positioning was poor and was prone to regular brain farts. He will be no where near the player at City that he has been for us, that is for sure.

The Trippier deal sort of confirms to me that he is gone, the question is when and how much.

Last edited:
My main concern with letting Walker go would be that it strengthens one of our rivals. If were gunna let him go it should only be abroad otherwise we should keep him, no matter how much money city pay us were not gunna sign a better replacement right back so whats the point in selling.

trying to look at this from his point of view here and where this alleged 'discontent' came from.

you are one of the longest serving players at the club
you feel the passion of the local rivalry
you prepare for the last ever NLD at WHL
you get dropped for another player

on a personal level, he must have been gutted. on a professional level, it's part of rotation.

if this is the real reason for him allegedly wanted to move on, of course. if it's not, the above has nothing to do with anything.

not that it makes much difference if they sign Alves before this but, on Thursday, July 20, Manchester United play Manchester City F.C. So we might see some movement as Man City don't have a right back in their squad at the moment.

I'm not worried about this situation to be honest. We don't need to sell Walker.

However, IF Poch does decide to sell Walker it'll be on LEVY's terms and City will have to pay an absolute fortune. I can honestly see Walker going for around the £60m mark.

Plus add ons!

:levylol:

Ahhh... it's like we're SUCH an inconvenience to the written Media by NOT bending over the moment the rumours start and give them the story they so clearly want straight away!
Fuck them... fuck MAN €IT¥ and everyone else who wants us to bow to their pressure!

not that it makes much difference if they sign Alves before this but, on Thursday, July 20, Manchester United play Manchester City F.C. So we might see some movement as Man City don't have a right back in their squad at the moment.
....and a couple of weeks later WE play eachother don't we??
THAT'S the game they'll all be looking for him to make his Shitty Debut in!!

Ahhh... it's like we're SUCH an inconvenience to the written Media by NOT bending over the moment the rumours start and give them the story they so clearly want straight away!
Fuck them... fuck MAN €IT¥ and everyone else who wants us to bow to their pressure!
I absolutely love the fact that it's gone from done deal 8 weeks ago, to long way off now. I still find it odd the insistence of emphasising how annoyed Walker was for playing an almost identical number of games as the previous year whilst being rotated with the same player. Although that does appear to be working on many of our fans, with many thinking Tripps is on the same level or better than Walker (which is odd).

....and a couple of weeks later WE play eachother don't we??
THAT'S the game they'll all be looking for him to make his Shitty Debut in!!

if that happens, it will be a tough one to take. i saw this earlier which was encouraging...

then realised that's last season's training kit lol

if that happens, it will be a tough one to take. i saw this earlier which was encouraging...

then realised that's last season's training kit lol

They probably posted it deliberately to prepare us... as that's the a similar shade of blue we're next gonna see Kyle Walker in!

I'm not implying that at all, read any of my posts on the subject my assertion is that club has no interest in selling Walker but if it does come down to him leaving then the sums we'd demand would be way above this quoted £50m.

So what is the upside apart from a bunch of cash (that will do very little for our spending power in the trf market considering the grand scheme of things)?

I'm interested in what's best for us, not 'consolation' payments.

They won't pay his hypothetical 'not for sale' price-tag so either we bow to their agenda and accept a shit price or we'll just be fucked about for the majority of the summer when we ought to be concentrating on OUR agenda (ins and outs) not fending off financially doped, spoiled cunts that want to arrogantly waft us aside with their wallet.

I'd rather we just kill this dead at KWs end:

1. Stay and get on withe what you're contracted to do.
2. Take some leave to address any alleged 'home' issues.... OR
3. Be sold on OUR terms.

Back
Top Bottom