Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We lock them in a dungeon at Hotspur way and miss out on money that could replace them.
Pochettino doesn't want players who don't want to commit 100% to us, so why keep him if that's the case
He committed 100% when he signed his contract last summer.
Your argument is bullshit. It's a selling club philosophy. What happens if Kane gets his head turned, or Dele ? . Better to address the question of why top players want to leave in the first place, rather than bending over the table and getting arse raped every time it happens. Our fans deserve better.

He committed 100% when he signed his contract last summer.
Your argument is bullshit. It's a selling club philosophy. What happens if Kane gets his head turned, or Dele ? . Better to address the question of why top players want to leave in the first place, rather than bending over the table and getting arse raped every time it happens. Our fans deserve better.

No it isn't - the club don't seem bothered, the player hasn't actually said he wants out.

Just because a fans think he's indispensable doesn't mean Poch agrees. We're allowed to move players on if the manager thinks he can replace and improve.

It's hardly like we are begging him to stay like Arse with Sanchez or Everton with Barkley

Still butt hurt from getting called out in the Transfer thread i see.

How about we judge each player / scenario on its own merits as i've attempted to do here.
"found out in the transfer thread".?????
. Your fucking losing it pal.
If you can't answer my question STFU
mouse mouse .....owned in the Kyle Walker thread

I don't claim to be ITK so take this with a pinch of salt but my boss is friends with Steve Hitchen and suggests that we are actively looking to move Walker on. Apparently it is more Poch than Walker, which would make sense with the way Poch used him towards the end of last season and how Walker has been neutral/positive to fans he's met.

FYI, I'm currently 1 for 1 with info shared on this board after letting y'all know about Marco Silva joining Watford whilst he was still 7/2 with the bookies. So don't all trash me. Just passing on some info.

giphy.gif

It's hardly like we are begging him to stay like Arse with Sanchez or Everton with Barkley
I agree. But that may be because Levy can see that his age means that he has probably now reached his optimum transfer value, so now is prime time to sell. In business terms, it makes perfect sense. In football terms, it makes NO sense selling the best RB in the country to a direct rival. The transfer may not happen. I really hope it doesn't. But if it does, IMHO its dictated by business and not football

But if it does, IMHO its dictated by business and not football
It can be both. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Poch obviously rates Trippier higher and if he can get 60m for him that is good business and can use the funds to strengthen where he thinks we need to improve. I would like Walker to stay but 60m for a player with 1, maybe 2 seasons left at his prime is good business. Especially if he is now number 2 in his position at the club. We saw how Aaron Lennon fell off massively as a player as age started to wear on him. The same is likely to happen to Walker once his speed goes. His speed gets him out of a lot of dodgy situations.

I agree. But that may be because Levy can see that his age means that he has probably now reached his optimum transfer value, so now is prime time to sell. In business terms, it makes perfect sense. In football terms, it makes NO sense selling the best RB in the country to a direct rival. The transfer may not happen. I really hope it doesn't. But if it does, IMHO its dictated by business and not football

I don't think it is.

I don't know why Levy has a reputation for selling players under our noses. It's odd. All that has occurred in the past is that when a player tries to force a move, he gets daft money for them.

If he's guilty of anything, it's not being consistently impulsive enough when buying replacement players.

What does make sense is selling "the best RB" in the country for £50m, and replacing him with a wing back. If it makes the team better as a whole, it's worth doing. No different to selling Bale to get Kane, Eriksen and Alli (indirectly, but you get the jist).

If Poch isn't bothered about him leaving what's the problem? Perhaps he's seen something we geniuses haven't? He can't come out and say he wants rid - that would weaken Levy's negotiating position and nobody wants that.

If Poch isn't bothered about him leaving what's the problem? Perhaps he's seen something we geniuses haven't? He can't come out and say he wants rid - that would weaken Levy's negotiating position and nobody wants that.

It's not his style, anyway. He hasn't really been very public about anyone he clearly wanted rid of.

I'm not fussed either way - I trust that we'll do things for a reason, and sentiment only gets you so far.

If they won't pay our hypothetical not for sale price then that's where all discourse of sale ends. We hold all the cards. We don't have to, want to or need to sell. It's all on our terms. This isn't the allure of Real or Barca it's the 2nd Manc team

If they won't pay our hypothetical not for sale price then that's where all discourse of sale ends. We hold all the cards. We don't have to, want to or need to sell. It's all on our terms. This isn't the allure of Real or Barca it's the 2nd Manc team

And playing under Guardiola not Poch

No brainier for me but that's never been Kyle's strong suite!

Still butt hurt from getting called out in the Transfer thread i see.

How about we judge each player / scenario on its own merits as i've attempted to do here.
I'll judge it on merit.

4.5 years on his recently signed contract.
Realistically cannot buy a RB just as good or better.
Trippier IS NOT as good as KW.
KWP cannot be expected to be RB backup having not played a minute of senior football, at this club, or elsewhere.

On merit, we should tell Citeh to get bent and to fuck off and buy someone else.

I reckon the deal is done for £50m - then on the first day of pre-season, Kyle Walker-Peters rocks up at Man City.

Its at this point, Guardiola and co. look at the small print in the contract Daniel Levy got them to sign...

"found out in the transfer thread".?????
. Your fucking losing it pal.
If you can't answer my questiion STFU
mouse mouse .....owned in the Kyle Walker thread

I'm not your pal so wind your fucking neck in.

1. Players have held more power than clubs for years now. If a player wants out then a club can either attempt to continue to play a player who is no longer invested in the team, remove them from the playing staff and lose any value attached to them or they can sell them.

2. There is an established hierarchy in football. It's based on pedigree, history and money. We don't sit at the top of that tree unfortunately. I'm not necessarily saying City hold more pedigree than us but they can pay a substantial amount more than we can and that's what counts in modern football.

Denying that it is inevitable that we will lose players to teams above us in that hierarchy is as delusional as denying that a big shiny metal object being built in Tottenham is a stadium.

3. Ive already stated that i really dont have a huge issue with losing Walker if its inevitable. I have faith in the chairman and the manager based on our current progress. Levy won't get turned over on price, and he is more replaceable than most of our players that i value.

As for the message it sends. We arent the selling club that we used to be. Gone are the days of having our single "star" player plucked from the team every couple of years. Even then i think our reputation of being a selling club in the past is over exaggerated. Unlike clubs like Southampton for example who will sell players as soon as they exhibit any potential value.

I have no desire to argue with you really because you hold no credibility on here anymore as far as i'm concerned. You've been shown up so many times its not even funny anymore. Most recently ousting yourself as someone who thinks that football is only about "winning" shows what type of supporter you are.

Still so desperate to have a dig at the club at any opportunity. Even fans like sammyspurs sammyspurs (no offense mate) by his own admission have come round to realising that we've never had it as good as this, but for some reason you cant let it go. You were wrong, Levy got it right. Move on. I'm sure you'll enjoy the whole experience more if you do?

Last edited:
I'll judge it on merit.

4.5 years on his recently signed contract.
Realistically cannot buy a RB just as good or better.
Trippier IS NOT as good as KW.
KWP cannot be expected to be RB backup having not played a minute of senior football, at this club, or elsewhere.

On merit, we should tell Citeh to get bent and to fuck off and buy someone else.

Well i politely disagree.

I agree that i wouldnt be happy going into next season with Trippier and KWP as our only options but Wing back isn't a difficult position to buy as good a replacement for half the money IMO. Not like a top level striker or CB would be.

Who's to say? There are many youngsters that have done that exact thing. Not that I'm advocating this stance, but we have ok cover in Dier and Alderweireld who have decent experience in the position for the (hopefully) odd games Trippier is out.

Who's to say? There are many youngsters that have done that exact thing. Not that I'm advocating this stance, but we have ok cover in Dier and Alderweireld who have decent experience in the position for the (hopefully) odd games Trippier is out.
Never said he can't do it just that he cannot be expected to the backup. We go in with an untested young RB in a CL season no less and we are daft.

Selling KW is a flat out no from me. Oil Sheikh's can GAGF.
Well i politely disagree.

I agree that i wouldnt be happy going into next season with Trippier and KWP as our only options but Wing back isn't a difficult position to buy as good a replacement for half the money IMO. Not like a top level striker or CB would be.
Rephrase to won't buy then. I do not trust Levy to sell him then upgrade the position.

Never said he can't do it just that he cannot be expected to the backup. We go in with an untested young RB in a CL season no less and we are daft.

Selling KW is a flat out no from me. Oil Sheikh's can GAGF.

Rephrase to won't buy then. I do not trust Levy to sell him then upgrade the position.
Fair enough.

Poch probably feels the position is already upgraded having given Trippier a shiny new contract. We may disagree, but in the end, Poch knows far better than we do and Trippier was excellent last season.

Back
Top Bottom