Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Walker is fucking miles better than Trippier, not sure how anyone can even begin to say otherwise,

Poch says otherwise. I'd rather believe him than you. You are starting to look stupid over your Trippier shit. Give it up guido, Walker has gone. The manager rates Trippier above Walker, but you think differently. You need to give your ego a rest occasionally mate - seriously.

I know you're a superspurs bloke, but you come over as a bit of a twat sometimes. Luckily I'll never have to sit next to you.

Last edited:
Poch says otherwise. I'd rather believe him than you. You are starting to look stupid over your Trippier shit. Give it up guido, he's gone. The manager rates Trippier above Walker, but you think differently. You need to give your ego a rest occasionally mate - seriously.
I'm responding directly to a post mate, nothing more. I have a view on a player, I'm expressing it. If I think player x is better than player y I'm going to say so.

I'm responding directly to a post mate, nothing more. I have a view on a player, I'm expressing it. If I think player x is better than player y I'm going to say so.
Like I said - ego comes first. Your views are duly noted. You're trying too hard to be Mr Tottenham fella - I'd rather err on the side of of the manager who has got us into this position, than someone with an agenda who refuses to see beyond his own raggedy opinions. It is a fact that Pochettino knows more about this shit than you do. I'm disappointed that you can't see this. Why are so many of our fans so fucking thick?

Like I said - ego comes first. Your views are duly noted. You're trying too hard to be Mr Tottenham fella - I'd rather err on the side of of the manager who has got us into this position, than someone with an agenda who refuses to see beyond his own raggedy opinions. It is a fact that Pochettino knows more about this shit than you do. I'm disappointed that you can't see this. Why are so many of our fans so fucking thick?
I trust the manager implicitly and back his decisions because he's earned that. And of fucking corse he knows more than little old me, he's our manager and I'm Guido on a Spurs forum. But why should that stop me responding to another poster? Why should that stop me from having my own opinion? I don't have an agenda, I have my opinion, nothing more. I'm not casting for votes, looking for election, or starting a religious cult. I'm not even looking for a fight, although it appears for having and defending an opinion I've found one.

So, I can't post an opinion on who is better between Walker and Tripps? Well I can so long as I give the answer as Tripps. Failure to do this implies I don't back the manager and I'm fucking thick and I will be given a public forum roasting to be administered by you the prosecutor, judge and jury.

FWIW Either join the discussion about the topic and debate the merits or faults of Walker or don't bother. I mention this as your posts are more about me than the topic being debated, at least that's how they have been received and hence this turgid reply.

Last edited:
I trust the manager implicitly and back his decisions because he's earned that. And of fucking cause he knows more than little old me, he's our manager and I'm Guido on a Spurs forum. But why should that stop me responding to another poster? Why should that stop me from having my own opinion? I don't have an agenda, I have my opinion, nothing more. I'm not casting for votes, looking for election, or starting a religious cult. I'm not even looking for a fight, although it appears for having and defending an opinion I've found one.

So, I can't post an opinion on who is better between Walker and Tripps? Well I can so long as I give the answer as Tripps. Failure to do this implies I don't back the manager and I'm fucking thick and I will be given a public forum roasting to be administered by you the prosecutor, judge and jury.

FWIW Either join the discussion about the topic and debate the merits or faults of Walker or don't bother. I mention this as your posts are more about me than the topic being debated, at least that's how they have been received and hence this turgid reply.

No one is saying you can't have an opinion, we all do, but the things you're posting are subjective and not fact. How can you know Poch didn't tell Walker to stop leaving holes behind him, does Poch have form for not telling Walker what to do?

I liked Walker, he was great the last couple of years under Poch, bit he still had the odd brain fart and got caught out of position, but all players do.

Trippier would have played more last season, as would Davies it seems.....

Pochettino: 'Trippier's son is keeping him up at night'

Everyone having opinions is what makes this board worth reading, but its funny you mention the word Cult as you do seem to blindly argue every point about Walker over Trippier. We get you dont rate Trippier, but others do.

Speed and short passes to Eriksen vs Chances created and Assists. We'll see this season how it pans out. If Trippier ends with 10-15 assists that can only be a plus right?

No one is saying you can't have an opinion, we all do, but the things you're posting are subjective and not fact. How can you know Poch didn't tell Walker to stop leaving holes behind him, does Poch have form for not telling Walker what to do?

I liked Walker, he was great the last couple of years under Poch, bit he still had the odd brain fart and got caught out of position, but all players do.

Trippier would have played more last season, as would Davies it seems.....

Pochettino: 'Trippier's son is keeping him up at night'

Everyone having opinions is what makes this board worth reading, but its funny you mention the word Cult as you do seem to blindly argue every point about Walker over Trippier. We get you dont rate Trippier, but others do.

Speed and short passes to Eriksen vs Chances created and Assists. We'll see this season how it pans out. If Trippier ends with 10-15 assists that can only be a plus right?
I don't know what he said to Walker obviously, just as anyone else can't claim to the contrary. So my reasoning is a) he has never remained (prolonged periods) that high up the pitch ever before b) He is proven to excel, as an RB, best in the league ergo he knows the role and has proven that consistently for a few years where to be on the pitch (a feature of his is his ability to track back having just been sprinting 50yrd in the opposite direction) c) One thing we can agree on is we both acknowledge the space behind him was being exploited, this was their threat. So why did Poch not plug that gap? Either by simply asking Walker to do what he has always done drop when required, track a runner or by pulling a CB over or have a DM cover the space? These things are normal and have been done in previous games when FB's are pushed up. Throughout the entire game Walker remained high up the pitch. That to me I have interpreted as an instruction and as a specific tactic (it's a tactic of ours anyway to have our FB's push up high, it's a defining feature of our side the past couple of years).

With respect, I didn't even mention Trippier. I was talking only about Walker. You brought Trippier into the conversation, so I responded directly to that. But, you are correct I think he is a limited player, to be clear I like him as our back-up, I have no issues with this, but as first choice RB I don't think he is anywhere near the caliber of player that is needed. I do have however, have upmost faith in our manager to find a solution to make him effective or more to the point make the team effective. I can evidence this by when I saw Tripps struggle against Burnley in the first half and against Watford for the first 40mins Poch made some formation changes that stopped the oppo targeting him (in the Burnley game we also had lost control of midfield which also was a contributor). I think it's a mistake to focus on his assists as a measure of his ability, all of his assists (an impressive number there is no doubt given the number of games he has played) have only come against Hull (2) and Watford (3 x2 games) in the league with the other against Millwall in the FA Cup. It's not just him, I hope to be at least consistent by applying the same to other players when focusing on assist stats.

I have no issue with people rating Trippier, they can say what they wish. I will from time to time pipe up with my opinion on him too, if it's different opinion to others so be it.

Last edited:
Had to chuckle when reading the Kyle Walker thread in the Blue Moon forum & they start talking about 'the project'. What project is that then? The one where you spunk £250m on new players every season & hope something works?

Had to chuckle when reading the Kyle Walker thread in the Blue Moon forum & they start talking about 'the project'. What project is that then? The one where you spunk £250m on new players every season & hope something works?

Bit like the Journo in the Sun when duscussing the KW deal, price etc. on Sat. Despite condemning 'moneyball' in general; he declared that city specifically "go about their project in the right way"...

Fucking horseshit!

Bit like the Journo in the Sun when duscussing the KW deal, price etc. on Sat. Despite condemning 'moneyball' in general; he declared that city specifically "go about their project in the right way"...

Fucking horseshit!

Buying everyone else's square pegs and trying to fit them into round holes? Rather than shaping those square pegs to fit the holes yourself?

City - and Guardiola clearly don't understand the benefits of coaching.

Last edited:
Screen-Shot-2017-07-14-at-10.04.42.jpg
When did he post that?

Have always liked his personality. Seems to have a deep love for Sheffield United & for us. He's also a fun loving kind of guy as his antics on SpursTV shows.

Que sera etc.

I wish the lad well.
Agree. I think due to him being a football fan himself (albeit of Sheffield United) he understands us more than most players.

But I can see him struggling at City. He was an excellent player for us, that doesn't mean he will be in a different system, with different players around him, a different manager, with the pressure that goes with being the world's most expensive defender, with fans who demand a title win and nothing less, with the media's glare on him more than ever etc. And let's not forget that at his age and in that position he's probably at his peak right about now, especially since he relies a lot on his pace.

It will be interesting to see but I predict it won't be a successful move for him in football terms. He'll no doubt be pleased to be back up North though and to be earning that kind of money.

Walkers looked at his best for us in the last two years, and is undoubtedly a great player and I don't hold much Ill will to him.

That said I'm applying my "Assou Ekotto theory" to him, season before last he had Alderwiereld, Dier and Lamela around him, all great defensive players and cover. This season he had Dier, Wanyama and Eriksen, two great defensive players and Eriksen who covers an awful lot of ground in front of him.

Be interesting to see how he copes with Stones, Silva and Yaya around him, outstanding players (Stones aside) but the level of cover and cushion he had for poor positioning or losing a runner has gone now. Could be intruiging.

Just read this in a comments section on another site talking about Kyle Walker Peters.......

"well he couldn't be at a better club to come up through the ranks. Besides the original walker has a wandering left eye. It's a well known fact. Which is why he crossing and tackling are suspect."

A wandering left eye????? Is that true, or a piss take because he was a keen swordsman ?????

Back
Top Bottom