Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just read this in a comments section on another site talking about Kyle Walker Peters.......

"well he couldn't be at a better club to come up through the ranks. Besides the original walker has a wandering left eye. It's a well known fact. Which is why he crossing and tackling are suspect."

A wandering left eye????? Is that true, or a piss take because he was a keen swordsman ?????
Maybe sosmething to do with glasses he was spotted wearing in training when Pochettino first took over.
Some said it was to improve reaction time or something, but he was the only one wearing them.

Well this transfer had been a done deal in May at lower figures. To me Walker was number 1 and the team is weaker at this moment. No need to compare with Trippier as he is already part of the squad and cannot play every match and it is his replacement that we compare with. No idea if KWP good enough to step up yet or whether we will buy a replacement. Not as unhappy as previous high profile transfers and have to accept Poch for whatever reason agreed the sale. It is clearly proving difficult to buy players in what is a crazy market in both fees and players wage demands. Hope we use the money wisely and get a stronger squad for the start of the season (not 1st Sept) Cannot see Barkley fee coming down that much. We do need to extend the squad and if that happens this is good business. I expect Walker to still be ahead of Trippier in the England team at the end of the season (injuries permitting)

Basically, he wasn't challenged for 9 years, suddenly Trippier challenges him and he fuck off.

I hope Danilo overtakes him.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there goes that good will I was feeling towards Kyle. You can get fucked sunshine.

Kyle Walker: Manchester City defender says he left Tottenham to start lifting trophies

I think everyone should have a look at the actual footage of what was said before passing judgment.

Kyle Walker: Manchester City defender says he left Tottenham to start lifting trophies

He conceded he's "not at all" more likely to win silverware at Manchester City than Tottenham and is nothing but grateful for the club.

By all accounts, he wasn't Poch's first choice this season and the club were happy to cash in...

If that's the case why begrudge him for leaving to become first choice and doubling his pay packet in the process?

So far, he's shown nothing but respect and I was a little disheartened that the club didn't give him a warmer send off.

In a sport dominated by greedy, ungrateful and disloyal mercenaries... Kyle is definitely one of the few good eggs and I hope he gets a warm reception.

I think everyone should have a look at the actual footage of what was said before passing judgment.

He conceded he's "not at all" more likely to win silverware at Manchester City than Tottenham and is nothing but grateful for the club.

By all accounts, he wasn't Poch's first choice this season and the club were happy to cash in...

If that's the case why begrudge him for leaving to become first choice and doubling his pay packet in the process?

So far, he's shown nothing but respect and I was a little disheartened that the club didn't give him a warmer send off.

In a sport dominated by greedy, ungrateful and disloyal mercenaries... Kyle is definitely one of the few good eggs and I hope he gets a warm reception.

Fair play. This footage wasn't on the original article! The interviewer tries to put words in his mouth and he actually has to correct them on it. I'll happily eat my words there then. I certainly don't want to have hard feelings towards Walker, think I'm still carrying baggage from Teddy all those years ago....

:walkercry:

Thought that was pretty classy by Walker tbh. Very leading question by the interviewer and he slapped it down. Didn't hear Walker grumbling, refusing to train or throw his toys out the pram this summer, and has given us the majority of his career. The man has my respect and I wish him nothing but the best (obviously I want Spurs to beat him to every trophy mind...)

More money - more likely to win a trophy as they will chuck money until it sticks.

In his interviews he has to big up his new team but that does not mean he is having a dig at us, there are a lot of precious fans around.

Nothing story. Move along.
Poch clearly sanctioned the transfer for whatever reason. We don't know why & we can speculate it was about a fall out, or money, or homesickness or being benched- maybe all of those played a part?
He gave good service & we got a decent wedge for him. Undoubtedly it leaves us weaker in that position, but with Poch's record on fullbacks, we just have to have faith.
:pochsmirk:

Back
Top Bottom