Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lukaku has been hanging around with Pogba too much.
Seems he's turned into a cunt.

Always seemed a bit of a knob to me... Certainly dislike the way he continually flirted with an exit from Goodison. Mind you Koemam sets a bad example on tgat front.....

Statistically Walker was more accurate crosser of the ball than Trippier........

BTW I'm not a fan of the stats used in this vid to measure these players, as I don't believe they represent the strengths and weaknesses of either player. Both are very different in what they bring but thought it interesting nonetheless as so often it is assumed his crossing was poor.

An accurate cross isn't necessarily a good one

He's only gone and gotten himself a £30M backup now.. €ity are a joke, and I'm starting to believe that Pep isn't that special. Just look at the wad of money he spends to be competitive...

He's only gone and gotten himself a £30M backup now.. €ity are a joke, and I'm starting to believe that Pep isn't that special. Just look at the wad of money he spends to be competitive...

Starting to believe? it's been painstakingly obvious the blokes a fraud since Spurs destroyed them , as soon as the going got tough he shrank. Zidane will be the next great fraud to arrive in England probably after he's overseen a couple of walk in the park titles at Juve.

Well, this busts many myths including that of serial 'pwoner' SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur

“A lot of rumours happened in that period,” says the Argentinian. “Our relationship was good. We had many conversations and he told me about the possibility, if it arrived, that after nine years at the club he wanted to go back to the north to find another challenge. It was important for him.

“It’s so strange because I never told you that he couldn’t play three times in a week. The rumours in the media that I wasn’t happy with him because he couldn’t play? I never said that. Like we had some problem or fight? Never. I can show you the message when he left.”

"Not starting the last North London derby at White Hart Lane or the last game there, after being there eight years, it hurt.

Sometimes I feel like crying when I think about it - that I spent eight years there and I'll never see that place again. It hurts. But I'm a man. I'm a professional. I was encouraging Tripps, wanting him to do well, wanting the team to do well. The gaffer picked the team he thought was best and I had to deal with it. The important thing was winning those games."

"Not starting the last North London derby at White Hart Lane or the last game there, after being there eight years, it hurt.

Sometimes I feel like crying when I think about it - that I spent eight years there and I'll never see that place again. It hurts. But I'm a man. I'm a professional. I was encouraging Tripps, wanting him to do well, wanting the team to do well. The gaffer picked the team he thought was best and I had to deal with it. The important thing was winning those games."

Boo fucking hoo. He's a Citeh player now, fuck him.

The key thing there is that it gives zero insight into how the rift began.

I'd best my firstborn child that he made his own bed, and missing out on playing the last NLD was part of lying in it.

Everyone on here with a brain knows that he was gone ages before the season ended - and ultimately that's an element of unprofessionalism that should be laid at his door, and no-one else's.

Having said all of that, it pains me to think that he'll probably end up with a Premier League winner's medal at the end of this season while all of our loyal players will end up with nothing.

Stay classy, giving Walker stick but most of you wouldn't mind slimy Rose rolling into the starting XI after slagging us of in an interview.
Walker didn't push for this, at least not publicly, and he acted like a mature football player (which he is). don't be knobs.

Stay classy, giving Walker stick but most of you wouldn't mind slimy Rose rolling into the starting XI after slagging us of in an interview.
Walker didn't push for this, at least not publicly, and he acted like a mature football player (which he is). don't be knobs.

Don't care. He's a Citeh player now, fuck him.

Call me a knob if you like but that's my opinion.

I thought I'd hate him by now, but I really don't.

Obviously I don't want him to win fuck all, but I don't seem to begrudge him leaving. Suppose because we're doing well without him.

He was brilliant in the Chavs game yesterday, contender for MOTM. I'm a big fan of his, he left respecting all at the club, didn't sag the club or team mates off, or fans unlike Rose has done, didn't rock the boat or go to the press. He made an emotional video say his good byes, some my say corny, but at least he made one, which as a supporter I appreciate. He spent nearly a decade with us and no surprise that coincides with our improvement as a club too.

Since he's gone I've noticed that he is doing loads of PR and interviews for City. May be it's because he is one of so few that speak English in the squad, but given Guardiola's recent comments about us ("Kane's team") I suspect that they fear us, I suspect that every single word he says there will be jorno's instantly looking for comparisons between us and them (the latest comments focused training). After all Pep's billionaire squad haven't beaten us, he might be feeling a bit insecure.

He's behaved respectfully & that's all you can ask from an ex player who gave us excellent service over the years. The fact he still speaks fondly about us says much about the club & the fans. Each to their own but I feel no malice to him now it's done & dusted.

Let's all just stop taking about him. He's a Citeh player now, purely because of monetary reasons.

Get behind those wearing the actual shirt instead of slagging them off.*

*Obviously most of us do but some on here seem to enjoy being negative and criticising certain players more than others.

I'll give Walker a polite round of applause when his name is called out at Wembley but that's it.

Back
Top Bottom