Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We had finished above them sure, but still haven’t won or come near winning fuck all if we are being honest. The prospects playing for City under Pep are pretty much nailed on your going to win something. I don’t really know why you cant see that, Walker wanted to go for more than just not playing every game and even if we had of offered him a new deal I don’t think he would have signed it knowing City were waiting. Toby is a prime example, we have offered him more money but he wants to move on, we have finished above United a lot over the last number of years but he would still rather move on to a club like that than stay with us.

We are progressing but top four and CL will only get you so far, we need to start winning trophies and regularly or players will move on.

I didn't say I can't see that, I said "less prevalent" and Walker himself has said similar in the article a page or so back.

Winning trophies will make very little difference, winning the league cup didn’t keep Berbatov or Keane at the club. Woolwich winning trophies didn’t keep Sanchez or many of their players over the years.

Wages is a far bigger motivator than trophies.

I didn't say I can't see that, I said "less prevalent" and Walker himself has said similar in the article a page or so back.

Winning trophies will make very little difference, winning the league cup didn’t keep Berbatov or Keane at the club. Woolwich winning trophies didn’t keep Sanchez or many of their players over the years.

Wages are definitely the biggest motivator for probably 98% of footballers, but you can't totally discount trophies. It's just that players don't really care about the domestic cups. I don't think anyone signs anywhere because they think the club could win an FA Cup or League Cup - its nice to win them if given the chance, but I dont think they're really on anyone's list of life goals.

Make as much money as possible, win the champions league, win the premier league. I think that's the typical footballers' priorities, in order. For domestic players the league may be mean more than the CL in some cases.

City have form and ability to win more than the league cup or EL, it’s clear that City have far more of a chance of that than us. Do you think players don’t care about winning major honours? Walker moved and in his first season won the league title, we haven’t been close to winning either the PL or CL ever. When you can offer both wages and MAJOR honors were fucked. We simply can’t compete with that.

You seem to be saying if Walker was still first choice he would be here. Poch talks a lot of shite in interviews and Walker quite frankly is pretty think. What is your argument here? As soon as Cit came falling, Walker was gone. The same as most of our first team would be.

Wages are definitely the biggest motivator for probably 98% of footballers, but you can't totally discount trophies. It's just that players don't really care about the domestic cups. I don't think anyone signs anywhere because they think the club could win an FA Cup or League Cup - its nice to win them if given the chance, but I dont think they're really on anyone's list of life goals.

Make as much money as possible, win the champions league, win the premier league. I think that's the typical footballers' priorities, in order. For domestic players the league may be mean more than the CL in some cases.

Totally agree, as a footballer trophies are what make you, not finishing in too four or being part of a very good project. Just look at the big name players we have lost and then look at what they have won. Some people are just plain deluded.

Then KW's moaning about being demoted would be bollocks then, innit... He went for cash & easy ('doped') glory.

If such an offer wasn't on the table, do we assume he would have continued to welcome the competition like he had previously stated?

The fact that he wasn't prepared to fight for his place when faced with adversity speaks volumes (to me) and seemingly did to Poch too.

I wonder what he makes of his England predicament...?

Stones, McGuire, Gomez, Tarwotzit... CB looks better than when we were building towards the Euro's... I'd be sweating that if was KW. Maybe he can get a transfer to the Spain... France look pretty good for a trophy or two in the coming years...

Money came in and he went, used excuses and Poch told him to go fuck himself and we will get the money.

Totally agree, as a footballer trophies are what make you, not finishing in too four or being part of a very good project. Just look at the big name players we have lost and then look at what they have won. Some people are just plain deluded.

If you transfer to Madrid or the Sheik Mansour team you’re guaranteed a trophy. A traffic cone could win a Prem title medal at the Sheik Mansour team.

Trophies mean fuck all when they’re just purchased. Any trophy bought by the Sheik Mansour team means absolutely fuck all, and frankly their fans should be embarrassed celebrating a victory, let alone a trophy.

It’s all about the money. I don’t blame players for following the wages when one bad tackle could end their career, but I doubt more than a handful give a fuck about trophies. That’s why you have good players going to a cess pit of football like China.

I lost that small bit of respect for this cunt. Shut your lying mouth. This is why i wanted Rose to be sold. I had it enough of pricks who are thinking they are better than level of our club.

I don't really have a problem with players moving for money. Most of us would do the same if we loved our work and were being offered better conditions and a whopping pay rise to do the same job we loved.

If you transfer to Madrid or the Sheik Mansour team you’re guaranteed a trophy. A traffic cone could win a Prem title medal at the Sheik Mansour team.

Trophies mean fuck all when they’re just purchased. Any trophy bought by the Sheik Mansour team means absolutely fuck all, and frankly their fans should be embarrassed celebrating a victory, let alone a trophy.

It’s all about the money. I don’t blame players for following the wages when one bad tackle could end their career, but I doubt more than a handful give a fuck about trophies. That’s why you have good players going to a cess pit of football like China.

ManU dominated this league for years mostly because of a financial advantage, not just because of some wonderful coached and tactical ethos, Bayern, Real, Barca the same, they all buy their domination, through manipulation of TV rights (Spain), CL revenue (designed to make the rich clubs richer), and various other economic advantages.

Personally, I have no issue with the "newer" money clubs, I actually like that they've come along and ruffled the feathers of the uber clubs hegemonic domination. Even in a roundabout way, they have created a more equal playing field for all of us, because the richest 4 clubs in Europe can no longer asset strip every single top player, and by spreading that allocation out, they all weaken each other, so ManU now are having to use players like Fellani, Jones, Valencia, Young, Rashford, Lingaurd etc. whereas they'd have had their run at some of the players Chelsea, City or PSG have now got. PSG the same, striping Barca of Neymar, getting Mbappe instead of him going to Madrid etc.

Last edited:

Don’t buy it sorry, going to China and going to City or Madrid are totally different. Listen to a player like Oscar and his reasons on going to Asia, and why then think why a player would go to City. I hate the way out fans totally ignore trophies and think players don’t care about them, like we are some rightious team cause we don’t spend, history remembers title and major cup winners. By the way I’m a big Levy fan but to stick our head in the sand and believe we are somehow a better club than the rest is just childish. The fact is the big name players we have lost over the years have 100% proved to have made the right choice as all of them have won major honors they wouldn’t have if they had stayed. Do you think people will say “ahhhh well they bought the trophies, we should all look at what Tottenham did and won fuck all while doing it?”. History remembers winners, not an amazing training ground and stadium and a number of seasons finishing top four, FFS this is the exact reason we laugh at Woolwich FC.

ManU dominated this league for years mostly because of a financial advantage, not just because of some wonderful coached and tactical ethos, Bayern, Real, Barca the same, they all buy their domination, through manipulation of TV rights (Spain), CL revenue (designed to make the rich clubs richer), and various other economic advantages.

Personally, I have no issue with the "newer" money clubs, I actually like that they've come along and ruffled the feathers of the uber clubs hegemonic domination. Even in a roundabout way, they have created a more equal playing field for all of us, because the richest 4 clubs in Europe can no longer asset strip every single top player, and by spreading that allocation out, they all weaken each other, so ManU now are having to use players like Fellani, Jones, Valencia, Young, Rashford, Lingaurd etc. whereas they'd have had their run at some of the players City or PSG have now got. PSG the same, striping Barca of Neymar, getting Mbappe instead of him going to Madrid etc.

I guess we are both totally different fans, and that’s all that can be said. United were never a bank roled team. During the football boom and TV money they were simply finically very astute, coupled with a generation of very talented club grown players. I have absolutely no respect for Chelsea or City, they will be and are the reason football is losing its soul. Look at City’s attendances, often playing in front of a less than sold out stadium, how can you like that kind of club? Or think they are good for the game. While United are certainly suffering on the pitch they are still a club that absolutely are so much bigger off the pitch than City can ever hope to be in the short term.

It has happened with Walker and Toby. Kane has said time and time again what he wants and if he doesn’t get it here he will go.
Our player turnover is less than that of the Woolwich Wanderers, who pay far more than we do and have won the prestigious 'Emirates Cup' a fuck ton in the past few seasons. One of the two players you use as an example is STILL PLAYING for us, the other is a massive cock-gobbling snake. Your bit about Kane didn't really make sense so I can't reply to that. But all in all I think you're talking cobblers.

Our player turnover is less than that of the Woolwich Wanderers, who pay far more than we do and have won the prestigious 'Emirates Cup' a fuck ton in the past few seasons. One of the two players you use as an example is STILL PLAYING for us, the other is a massive cock-gobbling snake. Your bit about Kane didn't really make sense so I can't reply to that. But all in all I think you're talking cobblers.

Kane has said he wants to win things, he wants to win them with us. If we can’t facilitate that wish he will want to go. Woolwich have owners that are simply quite happy to milk the club for all its worth. I’m talking cobblers buy suggesting players want to win things?

I ve always liked and rated walker. I think he has a point re the book. I don't think managers/players should write books while they're still working. Mostly create harm seldom do good. Same with on the wall documentries.

Kane has said he wants to win things, he wants to win them with us. If we can’t facilitate that wish he will want to go. Woolwich have owners that are simply quite happy to milk the club for all its worth. I’m talking cobblers buy suggesting players want to win things?
It was more that you are in general talking cobblers. Nothing as specific as players wanting to win things, which, if I'm honest, is so obvious it hardly seems worth bringing up.

If Kane wants to win things with us, how is going to another club going to facilitate this goal?

:kanehand:

It was more that you are in general talking cobblers. Nothing as specific as players wanting to win things, which, if I'm honest, is so obvious it hardly seems worth bringing up.

If Kane wants to win things with us, how is going to another club going to facilitate this goal?

:kanehand:

Ummmmm of winning things, if not with us with someone else..... fuck this is hard work. And you going way off topic, if you think us not winning major trophies will lead to players leaving and also the recruitment of players, well I don’t know what to tell you.

:dembelefingers:

Back
Top Bottom