Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As someone who has to fly home to see family I'm not really feeling his pain

:llorisunsure:

But if you had the option of more money to live closer, you'd be tempted surely?

The pace of life is much faster down south, and I'm sure as hell not going to be down here one my kid is ready to go to school. I don't blame him really, but that's just me and I can see why it's harder to swallow if your life experiences are different.

But if you had the option of more money to live closer, you'd be tempted surely?

The pace of life is much faster down south, and I'm sure as hell not going to be down here one my kid is ready to go to school. I don't blame him really, but that's just me and I can see why it's harder to swallow if your life experiences are different.

I wouldnt move back unless I was unhappy, and for me a two hour train ride wouldnt be the difference.....he´s not going to Sheffield lets not forget.

There will be nothing different in terms of seeing family on a day to day basis.

Manchester is not his home

Because league games are generally more important and your best players are rarely rested for them when they don't need to be.

Hence why it's strange he wouldn't start in any of the final three games of the season, when Trippier hasn't started thee games in a row since 2015.

Funnily enough, all after the Walker/Poch disagreement supposedly happened.

So the semi against the Chavs wasn't important?

He's rotated him for the past two fucking seasons mate, there is nothing new. He's done the same with Rose/Davies. Trips is the second choice, always has been, so is selected to play against the shit teams and when Walker is thought that he isn't at physical his optimum.

Or mental?

I wouldnt move back unless I was unhappy, and for me a two hour train ride wouldnt be the difference.....he´s not going to Sheffield lets not forget.

There will be nothing different in terms of seeing family on a day to day basis.

Manchester is not his home
It's all about the pessos - rest is just a pathetic excuse for the simpletons. If they've offered to double his wages - it's overs

It's quite a generalisation about to pace of life thing , I don't know where Kyle Walker lives but I'm willing to bet my life on it he doesn't live in central London (where the pace of life may well be more intense ) and I highly doubt he lives in London at all far more likely to be one of the leafy parts of Essex or Herts , Chigwell , Loughton , Goffs Oak etc , of course I have nothing to measure the pace of life in these places but I doubt it would be much difference to some plush small town / village on the outskirts of Manchester.

It's quite a generalisation about to pace of life thing , I don't know where Kyle Walker lives but I'm willing to bet my life on it he doesn't live in central London (where the pace of life may well be more intense ) and I highly doubt he lives in London at all far more likely to be one of the leafy parts of Essex or Herts , Chigwell , Loughton , Goffs Oak etc , of course I have nothing to measure the pace of life in these places but I doubt it would be much difference to some plush small town / village on the outskirts of Manchester.
Lives in Cuffley - very nice, posh part of Hertfordshire

I don't live in central London, but the pace of life down south is very different to the north in my experience. People are generally more aggressive and less laid back, due to the higher living costs, claustrophobic roads and so on, and non proportionate income. Not things a footballer is directly affected by, but in general I wouldn't be surprised if mental health issues are aggravated by being away from your "norm". It works both ways, and I'm sure the average big smoke folk would hate to live in Cheshire.

I don't live in central London, but the pace of life down south is very different to the north in my experience. People are generally more aggressive and less laid back, due to the higher living costs, claustrophobic roads and so on, and non proportionate income. Not things a footballer is directly affected by, but in general I wouldn't be surprised if mental health issues are aggravated by being away from your "norm". It works both ways, and I'm sure the average big smoke folk would hate to live in Cheshire.

You think your championing mental health issues I think your making a bit of a mockery of them with this line of argument.

People who are suffering mental health issues due to acute homesickness probably don't sign five year deals extending their stay away from home they probably don't wish to move to Manchester if they're not from Manchester either.

Kyle Walkers main motivation for switching to Manchester is money , Do you think he would be seeking a move if Stoke Burnley or Leicster were in for him ?

Kyle Walkers main motivation for switching to Manchester is money , Do you think he would be seeking a move if Stoke Burnley or Leicster were in for him ?
Well Sheffield Utd have just got promotion... surely he wouldn't mind dropping down a division to return to his boyhood club?? ...nah, thought not!

I saw him once in Stratford Westfield with his Girlfriend... *he wouldn't stop fucking going on about how Westfield wasn't as good as Meadowhall... so the clues were there I guess!

(*OK, not strictly true... he didn't mention Meadowhall... but I did see him at Westfield!)

You think your championing mental health issues I think your making a bit of a mockery of them with this line of argument.

People who are suffering mental health issues due to acute homesickness probably don't sign five year deals extending their stay away from home they probably don't wish to move to Manchester if they're not from Manchester either.

That's a complete straw man post.

You and others seem to be suggesting it is impossible for someone to be homesick if they are within some sort of fictional time distance from a place. There are more factors to it than that.

You can also be subject to circumstances that happen at any time to trigger things.

You seem to be good at making assumptions about what a homesick person would and wouldn't want, whilst shutting the door on the concept that someone can even be homesick in the first place. That's making a mockery of mental illness.

That's a complete straw man post.

You and others seem to be suggesting it is impossible for someone to be homesick if they are within some sort of fictional time distance from a place. There are more factors to it than that.

You can also be subject to circumstances that happen at any time to trigger things.

You seem to be good at making assumptions about what a homesick person would and wouldn't want, whilst shutting the door on the concept that someone can even be homesick in the first place. That's making a mockery of mental illness.

I've spent years dealing with mental illness issues my own , my mother's and brothers so it isn't like I'm unsympathetic because I know exactly what a catastrophe mental health problems are.

Obviously Mental Health is a spectrum and most people have are or will suffer to some degree at some point in their lives regardless of wealth success or social standing , but when people start inventing unlikely mental health scenarios for people they have never met not only is it cringewortgy it also makes light of the issue and mocks the people that suffer.

I've spent years dealing with mental illness issues my own , my mother's and brothers so it isn't like I'm unsympathetic because I know exactly what a catastrophe mental health problems are.

Obviously Mental Health is a spectrum and most people have are or will suffer to some degree at some point in their lives regardless of wealth success or social standing , but when people start inventing unlikely mental health scenarios for people they have never met not only is it cringewortgy it also makes light of the issue and mocks the people that suffer.

I don't disagree, but the general feeling on the subject smacks of a double standard. Why is it not possible that he can't be suffering?

He has not long signed a new contract, so the discrediting of home sickness is equally applicable to pay. Both conclusions are conjecture, but I don't think it's fair to accuse him of being a money grabber when there's plenty of evidence to support the rumour of home sickness too.

I think he deserves the benefit of doubt - he's been a loyal lad

I don't disagree, but the general feeling on the subject smacks of a double standard. Why is it not possible that he can't be suffering?

He has not long signed a new contract, so the discrediting of home sickness is equally applicable to pay. Both conclusions are conjecture, but I don't think it's fair to accuse him of being a money grabber when there's plenty of evidence to support the rumour of home sickness too.

I think he deserves the benefit of doubt - he's been a loyal lad
Maybe his partner is homesick? Maybe he's perfectly happy at Spurs but thinking of his missus?
Maybe he's not even agitating for a move & has been told he's not for sale. None of us know the score really.

Maybe his partner is homesick? Maybe he's perfectly happy at Spurs but thinking of his missus?
Maybe he's not even agitating for a move & has been told he's not for sale. None of us know the score really.
Absolutely, which is why it's ridiculous to assume he's only after money

Back
Top Bottom