Le Tottenham de Hotspurs vs FC Basel of Swiss

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Going to be tough but I reckon we'll win 2-0

Brad
Naughton, Gallas, Vertonghen, BAE
Lennon, Parker, Dembele, Siggurdsson
Bale
Adebayor

That's the team I think AVB will play. He tends to either play Gallas or Dawson with either Vertonghen or Caulker. Never Caulker and Vertonghen together.

I would rest Lennon, at least for a while. Perfect chance for Holtby to get some playing time. I dont think CBs need as much rest as FBs, so I would keep the Dawson/Vertonghen combo.

Friedel​
Naughton - Dawson - Vertonghen - BAE​
Parker - Dembele​
Gylfi - Holtby - Bale​
Defoe​

Think we'll see the normal line up but I would like to see.

Friedel
Naughton - Caulker - Vertonghen - BAE
Dembele - Carroll
Gylfi - Bale - Holtby
Ade

Bring on Parker or Livermore for Dembele at 55 minutes no matter the score.
Ade out at 65 for Defoe.
Potentially bring on Lennon depending on the way the game is going.

2-0 Spurs.

It's all about building an atmosphere for me - we play so much better when the crowd are loud and getting involved.

We need as much of that as we can for the rest of the season.

:avbdamn: :avbwtf: :dawson: :brad: :bale2: :freundgoal: :gomes: :parker: :vert: :holtbytongue:

:smesh:

:llorishuh:

It's all about building an atmosphere for me - we play so much better when the crowd are loud and getting involved.

We need as much of that as we can for the rest of the season.

:avbdamn: :avbwtf: :dawson: :brad: :bale2: :freundgoal: :gomes: :parker: :vert: :holtbytongue:

:smesh:

:llorishuh:

Can't believe so many tickets remain unsold for this.

:defoe:

I would rest Lennon, at least for a while. Perfect chance for Holtby to get some playing time. I dont think CBs need as much rest as FBs, so I would keep the Dawson/Vertonghen combo.

Friedel​
Naughton - Dawson - Vertonghen - BAE​
Parker - Dembele​
Gylfi - Holtby - Bale​
Defoe​

That's my team, but I would prefer (and think AVB will chose to) play that midfield line up as

Holtby - Bale - Sigurdsson

from right to left.

Friedel
Naughton - Dawson - Caulker - BAE
Caroll - Holtby
Lennon - Bale - Siggy
Dempsey

I think with Caroll and Holtby playing as CDMs they will be able to move the ball very well and control the game. With Lennon/Bale/Siggy/ Dempsey i can see 3 goals being scored. Very excited for this game, hopefully a very good game to make the away trip easy (hopefully).

What about Kaboom, will he be on the bench? I Hope so. And I think this match is a good oppurtunity to play Carrol, would love to see him some getting more time since I think he does has some great passes and vision.

th

Super Jan & The Bale

Gutted I can't go to this as I'm.... *ahem, cough, looks to the floor in a mixture of mock embarrassment and sheer excitement...

*working on a Movie!!!

*working on the new Muppet Movie!!!

So, are you Statler or Waldorf?

As it's a home Europa game, team will likely be:

Brad
Naughton, Gallas, Vert, BAE
Parker, Dembele
Lennon, Bale, Sigg
Ade

Though I would like to see, Holtby, Carroll, Caulker and maybe even THudd get a run out.

After games against Lyon and Inter it's not all that surprising that Basel isn't exactly grabbing peoples attention, which is a shame as I think this game will be a lot better, and closer, than many seem to be expecting.

Back
Top Bottom