League Cup 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good draw in FA Cup

Good draw in Europa

Now good draw in League Cup....

WTF is going on?
Football being suspended when we were on a train wreck to oblivion.

This isn't just us, happened throughout his entire career. Even when he gets to the business end of competitions and it's likely to be drawn against a top side, he gets all the marginal gains, like when at Inter they get drawn against Barca, what happens at their home leg? A fucking volcano erupts and cancels all flights, so Barca travelled by bus from Barcelona to Milan a 15hr journey the night before the semis!!! We play him in League Cup final, he has an entire week to prepare the game, whereas we had 72hrs as we played Florentina in Italy, not to mention having the trauma of the team witnessing Ehiogu have a heart attack and die on the adjacent pitch.

What a brilliant chance of a final.

I would 100% take this over top four. Not dismissing the league but this would be a good reward for all of the decent (but not decent enough) seasons we have had over the last decade.
I think this cup is dumb and would not sacrifice top 4/Champions League football for it (FA Cup is a different story).

HOWEVER.

If Tottenham win the first cup with fans back in the stands at Wembley, even me, a cold-hearted asshole, would admit that would be a very special thing in a lot of ways and hope that it is something we will do.

I'd also like to point out how massively stupid the structure of this cup is this season:

Rounds 3 and 4 back to back the first couple weeks of the season

Rounds 5 and 6 three months later and bookending the holiday fixtures

The final almost four months after the semis in late April.
Completely agree. They could have postponed the match against Orient (for their sake), postponed Chelsea (for our sake, because there was no need to play 8 matches in two weeks), and had no ill affects. It’s exactly that kind of stupidity which makes people suggest that this competition be cut, but they just can’t help themselves.
It probably should be cut. Of course with us in the semis, there’s no way I’d admit that to supporters of other clubs!

I reckon it will be a Spurs Man City final, which is not a problem. We have a good record against Man City in big games, also had the better of them in the league lately.

Before anyone gets excited, i'm not saying we will definitely win but this is how I see it.

I'm thinking that we'll beat Brentford on some scrappy penalties after all their keepers get injured, and we'll be awarded the final when the Manc oppo get disqualified for wearing the wrong type of socks

In José I trust

The thought of a possible final with some fans.

Top 4 may generate more but the idea of a final agaibst one of the big guns.

Every ounce when we play Brentford. And pray the players keep clear of Covid.

Last edited:
.... it took 45 mins from the final whistle of Everton and United to do the draw. That is a rather lengthy period of time to draw 4 balls ( 2 hot ones) out of a bowl.

Hence... ceefax.. which (was) rather time consuming to get ones updates.

But yes. Joke

I see that this season's winners qualify for the new Europa Conference League. Its like the Europa League except its even shitter....European glory awaits...

Completely agree. They could have postponed the match against Orient (for their sake), postponed Chelsea (for our sake, because there was no need to play 8 matches in two weeks), and had no ill affects. It’s exactly that kind of stupidity which makes people suggest that this competition be cut, but they just can’t help themselves.
It probably should be cut. Of course with us in the semis, there’s no way I’d admit that to supporters of other clubs!
It should not be cut. Never.

It's OK to say that we have bigger fish to fry etc etc and they would be fine if we actually bothered to fry the fish occasionally.

It's a national cup of huge importance, just look at the winners of the last few years particularly.

I wish we had a few more of them in the cabinet, we've certainly had the opportunity in the past.

Back
Top Bottom