League Cup Quarterfinal: Tottenham vs West Ham | Wednesday 22 Dec | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Couple of things so far.

Bergwijn does his best work yet again playing RW. He only knows that position.

Despite his other failings, the difference in the final ball between Doherty and Emerson is chalk and cheese.

Obviously this is one game and he should be nowhere near our starting 11 but Bergwijn offers so much more as a squad player than duds like Alii, Winks, Moura.

If Ajax are willing to pay something decent I would still sell him but would prefer him over our other crap.
If you understand football, you would see an opportunity to mould a good player with Berg, even at RWB. Been critical of Lucas but he’s been good this season and even better today.

I still feel like we'd have more control with a 352, harsh to take off either of Lucas or Stevie right now though.

I don't think Conte will like how open we've been.

I expect West Ham to fade and us to takeover and get a couple more.
Agreed, I really want to switch to a 3-5-2 but feels harsh to pull either of them.

I mean, in a sense, Lucas is sort of playing as the most advanced midfielder in a midfield 3. Kind of like how Dele was against Liverpool. He's playing pretty narrowly and is often coming deep to receive the ball.

Found that first half very nervy

Some good spells of play but our midfield really worries me

The defense was terrible in that half, we got away with it because WH can't really threaten anyone right now, but the Dawson free header, Coufal free header, Vlasic should have scored on his chance and Coufal chance he should have scored is way too many chances to give up against this WH team.

Intense first half.

West Ham may not always play the prettiest of football. But they have perfected how to force themselves onto their opponents if you give them as much as an inch. Like Klopp's early Liverpool. Just press and press and press.
I also rate Bowen for them to be fair and think he adds a bit of quality which they missed.

Back
Top Bottom