League Cup - The Dawson Derby, The Andy Reid Looking In A Fridge For The Last Pork Pie Parade, Conte's 45 Minute Wonders. ON WEDNESDAY AT 19:45!!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm kind of hoping Conte will go to Juventus. Tomorrow.

This football is slowly choking the football enthusiasm out of me.
Until we clear out some of the perpetual losers in the squad, nothing is going to change.

We reward failure with new contracts in the hope of retaining some of the Value we shelled out in them.

Sanchez has been at the club for over 5 years.......

5 years and in all that time, no one at the club thought that he could be upgraded.....

What’s with the blanket abuse of your fellow Spurs fans? You are clearly a Conte fan. What do you think he is doing so well at the moment that puts him above criticism?
I’m not a Conte fan, I’m a Spurs fan. And at the moment I am frustrated to be out of a competition, but it is what it is. Not like this club has won shit in the last 14 years either.

However, I am willing to give Conte time, maybe this whole season and see where it goes. I have faith things will get better once we get our main men back and World Cup ends.

Would have been ‘happy’ if we’d gone out playing youth and rotating heavily. It used to be interesting when Redknapp and Poch rotated for cup games, as you learnt about other players, even though we sometimes got hammered. The same knackered out core First Team doesn’t make any sense. Complete disrespect all round for the club and fans.

It's the hope that kills. Nights like this are so frustrating, it just fuels the banter and toxic atmosphere.

Not gonna jump on the bandwagon with all the standard stuff, but something doesn't seem right. tonight was such a non performance from the players and manager. Why is that?

I don't believe Conte should be sacked as I think he deserves his fair share of respect for improving us in the last year, but I can't work out why everything looks so good at one point to us now looking like a complete shambles. Never have I seen a manager take off Kane after 53mins when we need 2 goals... like what does that even mean? I get the World Cup is having an impact but that seems like proper throwing the towel in.

Is there something going on behind the scenes? Probably. Wouldn't surprise me.

We're such a bitchy club.

Disagree, nothing to show for it is not true.

Pochettino regularly qualifying for the CL on a shoestring budget enabled us to help fund the best stadium in Europe.

Fans might not like it, but qualifying for the CL is more important than winning the Carabao Cup or FA Cup. Football has moved on from the 70s and 80s.
Not to mention we actually ended up above Woolwich in a few seasons. Boy do we aim high.

I’m dumbfounded , can’t believe what I just watched . Are the players devoid of any pride? That performance was as bad as it gets , just don’t know what to expect for the Leeds game
Feel for the travelling fans (again) they deserve so much more . What the fuck is going on behind the scenes ? Something ain’t right

All the London clubs voted out tonight :

Woolwich lost 3-1 at home to Brighton
Chelsea lost 2-0 at Man City
Wham lost at home on penalties to Blackburn

Positives tonight :
- Forster looks a reliable alternate GK on his competitive debut for Spurs
- Spence had a decent 25n minute run out. He might not be the finished article but lots to build on, certainly better than Royal going forward on tonight's evidence. Needs persevering with.
- Good to see Kulusevski and Richarlison getting minutes : really should have come on at HT to try to change the game rather than 60 mins. Gil needs minutes so 30 mins was sensible.

Negatives
- Too many to list

What a job these cunts have got, £100k a week to turn up when and if they fancy it.
Never win a fucking bean, bottle every semi or final they reach.
Pampered every step of the way.

Easy life.

I never thought I'd say it about Spurs players but with the exception of a hand full of them who do care Bentancur being the example - easily my favourite player now.

I'd actually like to dry slap the rest.

Repeatedly
On the buttcheaks

Sexy Look GIF

Fucking mess....... Reminded me of all the cup games under Nuno where no-one had the balls/effort/quality to step up and steady the ship........ Except we had better players on the pitch tonight.

Gutted, angry and deflated... What a cocktail.

Last edited:
No.
This fucking braindead fanbase deserve it. Bring it back and let this club slide back into midtable mediocrity with mighty Poch in charge, the one true love.
100% agree. I mentioned it at the weekend and I feel our fan base just turns everything so toxic so quickly.

If fans are really want Poch back, the same guy who couldn't win a trophy or an away match for 9 months back they we really are at a low again.

Love Poch for what he did but his fucking time was up.

Back
Top Bottom