League Cup - The Dawson Derby, The Andy Reid Looking In A Fridge For The Last Pork Pie Parade, Conte's 45 Minute Wonders. ON WEDNESDAY AT 19:45!!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Now West Ham are out. This is going to be another Bradford v Swansea Final, none of the top clubs (West Ham are a bit of a stretch) want anything to do with the League Cup given the schedule.
Nah City will win it, they are the only Premier League team that are bothered about it.

i posted it in jest cause kane just jogs around lately
I talked about this at length in the Kane thread but him jogging around to conserve energy and only sprinting when it's smart is not a new thing. He was doing it even back in 2017, when he was arguably the best striker in the world.

No Biggie he says

This club have won two trophies in 24 years , both league cups btw

Last time we won a trophy that wasn't the League cup was over 30 years ago

I will never understand this fanbase
I absolutly know where your coming from... however we've got our work cut out in the champions lge and contending for a top four spot... And then there's the fa cup coming up
And if we go out in the champions lge, don't we go into the Europa lge? .. IF we weren't in with a shout of any of the above. Then.. yeah i'de be concerned about going out of this comp.. but as stands...not so. And Tbh... I'de sooner have a champs lge spot than either the fa or League cup... But everyone's entitled to their opinion... Makes the world a little more interesting.

I’m not

I am not a number

I’m a free man!

the prisoner goodbye GIF

Oh boy yeah we totally couldn't have just played with a false 9, or played someone as a makeshift striker, we absolutely had to play him.

What a fucking joke. Just shut up Conte.
To be fair, he's scored so many winners and game-changers this season and such a high overall percentage compared to anyone else. He's on about 14 points won individually in the PL with his goals. With Son in the pits form-wise and out injured anyway, it's really hard to see where the goals are going to come from without Kane (see the Liverpool game, where Kulu finally got Kane through and he buried his only, very low xG chance). It's not like the midfield and attacking midfield is full of goals either.

And that right there is the crux of it all....
It doesn't PAY enough!!

Fuck the glory of winning, fuck the occasion of a day at Wembley.... fuck the fans who might DARE to want to enjoy a showpiece final occasionally... fuck the history of the competition itself, it simply doesn't make ENOUGH MONEY!

Unlike Qatar who make LOTS of money, so they get to host WC football, despite EVERYTHING telling us it's wrong!!

Football is fucking dead!
Quite the opposite actually, the cup was created just so clubs can make more money out of fans.

What Conte did tonight was utter bullshit. It was what I would expect from Nuno or worse, I can accept a manager not caring about the cups but to play the first team players and not give the kids a chance, to play boring defensive football and not try to entertain on a game you don’t care about.

If I was rating Conte as a manager tonight it would be 1/10. Very very poor, perhaps his poorest performance with us.

Nailed it!!

nailed it GIF

Never like to lose... But, honestly, tonight's loss.. no Biggie.. plus's? decent from bissouma... Would like to see him run at defenders a little more, if he wanta to 'step up' he needs to be adding goals and assists. And thought Spence looked ok.. a little sloppy with his passing sometimes.. but a decent enuf 20ish mins from him and fraser, after a decidedly dodgy opening spell Seemed to settle in and performed well.. the rest.... Bulk average at best... And overall thought we were lucky to get away with only losing by 2..
Why no Biggie?
Any 1st team defeat in a competitive fixture SHOULD be a Biggie!

England losing a friendly in an international break is no biggie....
Us going out of a Cup we should be looking to win IS a big deal (it's certainly NOT beneath us, but I seems very low down in the list of priorities...)

Obviously we'll push Man City and the Arse ALL the way in the League, and sweep aside Milan and whoever else Europe throws at us in the Micky Mouse CL!

Until we do that, we can't be treating certain competitions with such arrogant disdain!

Man City don't need to win it, they certainly don't need the 'paltry pay day' it offers... yet they seem to give a shit each year!!

It's a strange outlook from us on how to approach a RESULTS business like football...

Why no Biggie?
Any 1st team defeat in a competitive fixture SHOULD be a Biggie!

England losing a friendly in an international break is no biggie....
Us going out of a Cup we should be looking to win IS a big deal (it's certainly NOT beneath us, but I seems very low down in the list of priorities...)

Obviously we'll push Man City and the Arse ALL the way in the League, and sweep aside Milan and whoever else Europe throws at us in the Micky Mouse CL!

Until we do that, we can't be treating certain competitions with such arrogant disdain!

Man City don't need to win it, they certainly don't need the 'paltry pay day' it offers... yet they seem to give a shit each year!!

It's a strange outlook from us on how to approach a RESULTS business like football...

It sets a standard and a winning mentality which we haven’t got and haven’t had for a long time

To be fair, he's scored so many winners and game-changers this season and such a high overall percentage compared to anyone else. He's on about 14 points won individually in the PL with his goals. With Son in the pits form-wise and out injured anyway, it's really hard to see where the goals are going to come from without Kane (see the Liverpool game, where Kulu finally got Kane through and he buried his only, very low xG chance). It's not like the midfield and attacking midfield is full of goals either.

He's so tired Conte is saying he's pulling out of training sessions. World Cup round the corner so there's zero chance he's going to go for it in a league cup game.

It's not ideal but you deal with it and go strikerless for a league cup game. Try to dominate the ball and hope someone comes up with something, it's a better plan than whipping our only goalscorer to the point of exhaustion in a mid-week league cup game that we lost anyway.

Just shy of a year ago we crashed and burned to our worst ever European defeat against AS Moura.

Despite this. Conte got 4th in the end. So I 100% back Conte.

But the club need to think on and consider why they are allowing employees ( which is what they are ) to survive these episodes of absolute shit staining. For example. That night in Slovenia….

Doherty played. Sanchez played. Skipp played. Sessengon Played. Gil Played. Dier played.

Even Kane and Holjbjerg played.

One year on they are still all playing, and aside from Kane and Holjbjerg one has to ask why ?

Ineptitude is being rewarded with another year’s salary. That’s madness.
Skipp really?

I vote to not get rid of our best homegrown player in years.

Back
Top Bottom