Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur (21-09-19)(12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Little bit of positivity here on a Friday;

At this point last season:

League 6th
CL - 0pts
No stadium
No summer signings

At this point this season:

League 3rd
CL - 1pt
Best stadium in world football
4 new sets of legs

So don’t let me down at Leicester lads!!

COYS!!!!

Many questions before tomorrow.

By 14:30 if not at 11:30 we will surely have a few answers.

Unless injured Son, Lamela, Rose, Aurier return. Kane will start as he never gets dropped and so deservedly will Winks.

Then take your pick.

We wont win the league cup.. as we have chosen our energy drink.

We are "Dry Wall Punching Kyle" and the Caribou is literally bull bollock juice

I don't like when the club starts to post in social media that this and that player enjoy to play this or that team. Why the fuck? Seems they want to motivate the other team with this kind of shit.

Think we should go 4-3-3 and drop Eriksen.

Lloris
Aurier Toby Jan Rose
Sissoko Winks
Ndombele
Moura Kane Son

Think we would be a serious threat on the counter with that 3 all playing, whilst Sissoko and Winks can free up Ndombele a bit.

I'm worried about this one.
The way they like to counter with pace - putting awkward balls in behind.. That really doesn't suit us with such slow defenders. Really think we need a back line with as much pace as possible.

Lloris
Aurier Sanchez Alderweireld Rose
Winks Ndombele
Lamela
Lucas Kane Son

There are arguments that could be made for Kwp, Davies, Sissoko - but really don't fancy seeing Jan, Eriksen, Dele starting.

Tough old game.. Although we 'need' to win, I think realistically a draw is a decent result for the level we are at - whilst also looking at the level they're at currently.

If we drop points, the rest of my sports watching weekend is kind of ruined early on.

COYS

True story. A few years ago the firm I worked for was recruiting. The job was paying £21k pa so decent wages.
Guy turned up for the IV wearing jeans with a mobile in one hand and an unlit cigarette in the other. During the tour of the office he took a call.

Last edited:
True story. A few years ago the firm I worked for was recruiting. The job was paying £21k pa so decent wages.
Guy turned up for the IV wearing jeans with a mobile in one hand and a cigarette in the other. During the tour of the office he took a call.
Was he hired ?

Lloris
Aurier Toby Jan Rose
Sissoko Winks
Ndombele
Moura Kane Son

Think we would be a serious threat on the counter with that 3 all playing, whilst Sissoko and Winks can free up Ndombele a bit.

Although I pretty much agree with the lineup (except a last minute change of Sissoko for Lamela), I don't think playing counter attack against a team that counter attack on their pad is ideal for us.
It would turn the game into the feisty end to end affair, where I fear our fitness levels, mid week game and being the away team would let us down.

For me this is a game we should look to respect them and be well organised. Patient in our approach as they will expose themselves - but we have to take our chances.

It's easy to be critical of our poor patient play recently - our lack of zip getting the ball forward - then use the Palace game as a benchmark for every game we will ever play from that point on - but the reality is that different set ups work for different situations. I'm a huge fan of fast, minimal touches football - and in that regard I would pretty much never start Lamela as the cunt has no idea when or where to release the ball when looking over his time at Spurs. But I also think Leicester will see this as a game they can win - comfortably.

Start fast, look for an early goal. Failing that (almost certainly), look to frustrate them by not allowing them much of the ball on their own park like we often do there - but most importantly take our fucking chances.
Kane has his record against them, and tomorrow we could really do with him taking every half chance he gets - dragging us out of the situation we're currently in like a leader, taking victory from a game that sounds like it could go either way. Be the big man and drag us to a win like the top few players in the world can do!

Lloris
Aurier Toby Jan Rose
Sissoko Winks
Ndombele
Moura Kane Son

Ndombele couldn’t handle the pace of play against Olympiacos, I would be surprised if he starts. I think it will be Son, Lucas and Lamela behind Kane, which might be decent in an away game. Especially as Rodgers likes his teams to play.

I know Poch is loyal to players and doesn’t like to react to quickly to his favourites poor form, but Eriksen and Vertonghen must be on thin ice. On Wednesday we saw exactly why they were not selected for the first game of the season. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were both benched.

You could start with......what do you think of this years milk cup draw?......

Quite simply fantastic.. current employers paying me to attend an interview which I hope to wrap up and gain employment and then get the train to Colchester.. and still be on the clock by the time the first pint touches my lips. Key buzzwords as to why you should employ me .. workshy, pisshead and a slacker

Another way of looking at our sqad :

On Wednesday, Poch gave first starts of the season to Dele and Davies. Good news but both could do with another match or two to get them more up to speed - and with Dele that could mean an increase in goals and assists, whilst Davies can be a good back up to both Rose at LB and Vertonghen at LCB.

Dier, Skipp and Sessegnon will need to have their first starts of the season sometime shortly....and then there is Foyth and Lo Celso who have yet to come back from injury and when they do will also be looking at a start.

So that's 7 players who either had their first start on Wednesday or are yet to start - roughly a third of the squad.

Until we get the majority of these playing regularly our squad is going to look thin - especially if we pick up injuries - and we are going t struggle to rotate as players wont be match fit

Ndombele couldn’t handle the pace of play against Olympiacos, I would be surprised if he starts. I think it will be Son, Lucas and Lamela behind Kane, which might be decent in an away game. Especially as Rodgers likes his teams to play.

I know Poch is loyal to players and doesn’t like to react to quickly to his favourites poor form, but Eriksen and Vertonghen must be on thin ice. On Wednesday we saw exactly why they were not selected for the first game of the season. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were both benched.
I think playing Lamela in the 10 with son and moura out wide, leaves us a lot more open than playing a 3 in the middle. I think if we're going to get the best out of Ndombele it's going to be in a 3, rather than a 2 man midfield and would like to see him get a run of games, so he can adapt quicker to our style of play/premier league intensity etc.

Agree on second point, don't see how Eriksen warrants a start tomorrow, and I would be tempted to drop Verthongen, but Ive never liked the partnership of Toby and Sanchez, both seem a lot more comfortable playing with jan.

Forgot to say earlier, Eriksen needs to be benched for this game after that dire display in Greece the other night.
Even being on the bench might be too generous.

Back
Top Bottom