Leicester: The slide

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Assuming Newcastle take a step up then it will be Villa, West Ham, Brighton, Wolves, Palace and Leicester in some order between 8-13 I reckon.
1. Tottenham Hotspur
2. Manchester City
3. Liverpool
4. Manchester United
5. Chelsea
6. Newcastle United
7. West Ham United
8. Aston Villa
9. Wolverhampton Wanderers
10. Crystal Palace
11. Leicester City
12. Brighton & Hove Albion
13. Southampton
14. Leeds
15. Nottingham Forest
16. Fulham
17. Leeds United
18. Everton
19. AFC Bournemouth
20. The Scum

:tanguythumb:

I hate everything about Leicester. The bland, boring city. The inbred people. The hideous sports teams. All of them. Football, rugby and cricket. The epitome of a shit pointless chavvy English town. Curry is rubbish too. Just what is the fucking point of Leicester?

:wansum:

And not before time.

Horrible club with horrible Bingo worshipping fans who think using plastic clappers is cool.

Their fake attempt to forge a rivalry with us is embarrassing. One decent season doesn't mean you are worthy of becoming our rivals i'm afraid.
I would miss the 6 points each season but it would be worth it to see them disappear for good.

Losing another small pointless club would be no loss to the premier league.

I hate everything about Leicester. The bland, boring city. The inbred people. The hideous sports teams. All of them. Football, rugby and cricket. The epitome of a shit pointless chavvy English town. Curry is rubbish too. Just what is the fucking point of Leicester?

:wansum:
And them fucking 'clappers'.

1. Tottenham Hotspur
2. Manchester City
3. Liverpool
4. Manchester United
5. Chelsea
6. Newcastle United
7. West Ham United
8. Aston Villa
9. Wolverhampton Wanderers
10. Crystal Palace
11. Leicester City
12. Brighton & Hove Albion
13. Southampton
14. Leeds
15. Nottingham Forest
16. Fulham
17. Leeds United
18. Everton
19. AFC Bournemouth
20. The Scum

:tanguythumb:
You made a fantasy table and put Chelsea in 5th?!
:levystare:

How heavily reliant on owner money are they that separates them from the majority of other clubs in the league? Does that really explain the decline?

Since 2015 they've:

- Won the Premier League
- Won the FA Cup
- Finished 5th twice.
- Have a net spend of £145,000,000 since they won the league.

I'd know a few Tottenham fans who'd probably have taken that over the same period.

Looking on the surface, I'd probably argue that their problems stem from a lack of squad depth to make up with their lack of top top class talent and a coach that's too inept to take them any further. It seems silly to say considering the success Leicester have had since 2015, but I can't help but feel Rogers gives off huge Martin Jol vibes for them. He can be good at getting teams to play good football and I have no doubt he's probably a good coach on the training field, but he just seems to lack that little bit extra that Jol did when he was here.

as the man said 'heavily dependent upon owner financing as revenues don't finance the £145m net spend you quote....... and not to mention those players wages taking up too much (maybe 85%) of revenues so club loses money every day

Owner's source of income is duty free shops in airports ...... so when covid kills off flying for a couple of years, owner runs out of cash to fund his football club.

So only way forward is for club to fund itself by selling players..... but no players sold to date

With rumours out that everyone is for sale there, and no signings made would anyone think they could end up getting relegated ?
Unlikely. The last time they looked certain to go down they 'miraculously' became unstoppable and won the league the next season.

I'm sure if they get into too much trouble they will just pop to the pharmacy again.

What has happened with them?

I thought maybe it might have been a team that's overspent on transfer fees and wages in hope to get Champions League football (when they were pretty close to doing so twice) therefore couldn't really continue to improve on good league positions of the past which in turn has seen them fall behind other teams that have either spent smart or improved on managerial decisions.

But since 2016 when they won the league, they have managed to recoup £250,00,000 upon selling Kante, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell. So I don't know if that's 100% the issue.
Heavily reliant on owner money and it’s not sustainable.

as the man said 'heavily dependent upon owner financing as revenues don't finance the £145m net spend you quote....... and not to mention those players wages taking up too much (maybe 85%) of revenues so club loses money every day

Owner's source of income is duty free shops in airports ...... so when covid kills off flying for a couple of years, owner runs out of cash to fund his football club.

So only way forward is for club to fund itself by selling players..... but no players sold to date

Got it.

So basically they were also heavily reliant on Brendan Rogers getting his side Champions League football which he failed to do from favourable positions two years on the bounce.

Back
Top Bottom