Leicester: The slide

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hate everything about Leicester. The bland, boring city. The inbred people. The hideous sports teams. All of them. Football, rugby and cricket. The epitome of a shit pointless chavvy English town. Curry is rubbish too. Just what is the fucking point of Leicester?

:wansum:
I beg to disagree had a good curry there once.

Danny Ward is a decent keeper, and Schmeichel is nearer 40 than 30 so a change had to come soon anyway.

Castagne , Soyuncu, Evans, Vestergaard, Justin, Barnes, Ndidi, Fofana, Soumare, Albrighton, Dewsbury, Iheanacho, Daka, Perez, Vardy ... they could sell Maddison and Tielemans and they are still nowhere near a relegation side.

That'll be fun too......

I just want a maximised fix of Brent-talk.

He's the OG.
Cue the final episode of Leicester All or Nothing 2024, Brendan Rodgers stuck in a Travelodge outside Kettering, after his Leicester sacking and subsequent rejection from taking over at Rushden & Diamonds

What has happened with them?

I thought maybe it might have been a team that's overspent on transfer fees and wages in hope to get Champions League football (when they were pretty close to doing so twice) therefore couldn't really continue to improve on good league positions of the past which in turn has seen them fall behind other teams that have either spent smart or improved on managerial decisions.

But since 2016 when they won the league, they have managed to recoup £250,00,000 upon selling Kante, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell. So I don't know if that's 100% the issue.

Heavily reliant on owner money and it’s not sustainable.

How heavily reliant on owner money are they that separates them from the majority of other clubs in the league? Does that really explain the decline?

Since 2015 they've:

- Won the Premier League
- Won the FA Cup
- Finished 5th twice.
- Have a net spend of £145,000,000 since they won the league.

I'd know a few Tottenham fans who'd probably have taken that over the same period.

Looking on the surface, I'd probably argue that their problems stem from a lack of squad depth to make up with their lack of top top class talent and a coach that's too inept to take them any further. It seems silly to say considering the success Leicester have had since 2015, but I can't help but feel Rogers gives off huge Martin Jol vibes for them. He can be good at getting teams to play good football and I have no doubt he's probably a good coach on the training field, but he just seems to lack that little bit extra that Jol did when he was here.

Sadly I think they'll be fine

There's enough quality in that squad to at worst finish mid table and Rodgers is a decent manager

So.... will Maddison or Fofana move this window ? And if not probably 2 or 3 of their lesser stars to raise say £60m.... who might still be of interest ?

Back
Top Bottom