Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree that the feeling of finally winning the title in my own lifetime would surely surpass any feelings of doubt as to HOW we won the title.

Yes, the pride at doing it correctly would be incredible, but it's not like we're running our club on a shoe string, paying for players with a donation of training bibs and bollards!

Especially when we are closer to doing it than we have ever been (PL title i mean). Serious progress has been made, the foundations are in place. We can do it.... and without spending blood money.

14%2BTottenham%2BRevenue%2BLeague%2B2015.jpg

If you consider that we've been able to mount a reasonable title challenge the last two years on our current financial model, then there is fair assumption to say that we'll do it once we are operating on a more comparable commercial model to the big names.

New stadium, increased match day revenue, better sponsorship, NFL partnership..... We bridge that gap and start paying comparable wages then we are going to be up there for years to come imo.

If Levy and Co (or whoever the new owners are once they inevitably sell) are still poncing about with a 100k wage cap 5 years into the new stadium then fair enough i'll be whining like the rest of them. But until then i will bide my time and remain ever patient. Its not like the football has been bad in the meantime.

After 25+ years of relentless disappointment briefly interspersed with glimmers of hope and the odd player worth getting off your seat for, surely the club deserves a couple more years of patience.

Or we could just carry on like spoilt toddlers who didnt get the toy they wanted.

Especially when we are closer to doing it than we have ever been (PL title i mean). Serious progress has been made, the foundations are in place. We can do it.... and without spending blood money.

14%2BTottenham%2BRevenue%2BLeague%2B2015.jpg

If you consider that we've been able to mount a reasonable title challenge the last two years on our current financial model, then there is fair assumption to say that we'll do it once we are operating on a more comparable commercial model to the big names.

New stadium, increased match day revenue, better sponsorship, NFL partnership..... We bridge that gap and start paying comparable wages then we are going to be up there for years to come imo.

If Levy and Co (or whoever the new owners are once they inevitably sell) are still poncing about with a 100k wage cap 5 years into the new stadium then fair enough i'll be whining like the rest of them. But until then i will bide my time and remain ever patient. Its not like the football has been bad in the meantime.

After 25+ years of relentless disappointment briefly interspersed with glimmers of hope and the odd player worth getting off your seat for, surely the club deserves a couple more years of patience.

Or we could just carry on like spoilt toddlers who didnt get the toy they wanted.

WHAT HAVE WE WON?

But Daddy has been promising us that for 20 years now.

But surely even you can see that we are within touching distance?

I dont think anyone thought winning the league was a realistic prospect until very recently?

My expectations under Gross / Graham / Badger / Jol / Pleat / Hoddle / Ramos was a decent cup run and a result against the gooners.

Even through my rose-tinteds we are closer than ever. Give the man the benefit of the doubt one last time.

Whats the alternative, dust off the banners and the plaquards? Chip in and hire a light aircraft?

But surely even you can see that we are within touching distance?

I dont think anyone thought winning the league was a realistic prospect until very recently?

My expectations under Gross / Graham / Badger / Jol / Pleat / Hoddle / Ramos was a decent cup run and a result against the gooners.

Even through my rose-tinteds we are closer than ever. Give the man the benefit of the doubt one last time.

Whats the alternative, dust off the banners and the plaquards? Chip in and hire a light aircraft?

We never really threatened though did we.

And now all those around us strengthen again whilst Levy is trying to sell our players to them.

Cosmic

WARNING - MELT ALERT

If you're part of the happy-clappers squad - leave now

Well, what the fuck just happened, Mr Levy?

We have now been cuckolded into strengthening a direct rival with one of our best players for the past 3-4 seasons and sounds like we're about to sign a few more N'Jies and N'Koudous as replacements.

Worst of all - this sends a terrible message to the rest of our stars - i.e. if the price is right - we will sell. So all this PR bollocks about building for the future and not selling our best players is just that. If we fail to win any silverware this season - brace yourselves for a mass exodus next summer. This is team is too good to win fuck all in the end. Well, at least the shareholders will be happy. What a fucking joke

Makes me sick seeing him a City shirt next season while the ENIC PR machine spins another manicured press-release about how we almost signed Aguero and Neymar on deadline day. This is our equivalent of Van Persie / Nasri all over again. Blah, blah net spend, best goal difference - fuck off.

MELT OVER

Shows what a waste of time all the PR crap that gets wheeled out when our players sign contract extensions.

Selling walker shows how little we have changed. If he wanted out and abroad then OK, but to sell our first choice right back to a rival???

I have complete faith in Poch but are we heading down a familiar route with the club not backing the manager

It also re-enforces the media perception of us still being a selling club, which we are.

Shows what a waste of time all the PR crap that gets wheeled out when our players sign contract extensions.

Selling walker shows how little we have changed. If he wanted out and abroad then OK, but to sell our first choice right back to a rival???

I have complete faith in Poch but are we heading down a familiar route with the club not backing the manager

It also re-enforces the media perception of us still being a selling club, which we are.

How do you know it wasn't Poch's decision?

How do you know it wasn't Poch's decision?

True and I hope that is the case, looking at it in a rational way, trippier was getting the starts on walker towards the end of the season, so maybe it was decided months ago.

I trust poch and his methods, I just hope the club don't undermine him, we have previous for this!

True and I hope that is the case, looking at it in a rational way, trippier was getting the starts on walker towards the end of the season, so maybe it was decided months ago.

I trust poch and his methods, I just hope the club don't undermine him, we have previous for this!
Lots of rumours about fitness and attitude and that Poch and Walker no longer wanted to work together. I think we'll be fine.

Lots of rumours about fitness and attitude and that Poch and Walker no longer wanted to work together. I think we'll be fine.
Lots of rumors no doubt leaked by Levy to make out the sale was not his choice.

Look at Walkers end of season message, the only one you can be sure wasnt put out by a pa or the club.

100% sure Poch has replacement in mind and probably lined up already.

This transfer has been brewing for a long time.

That's football. Players move on and new invariably younger ones replace them.

Just have to trust Poch on this one.

Yes he is, 75m in.....0 out...AND COUNTING
So?

If Pochettino wants Walker out, should Levy say no, play the guy you don't rate? Or should he try to get maximum value for a guy they don't want?

Carlos, you love to complain the sky is falling, Levy's trying to sell our players (but unclear about why, since ENIC haven't taken money out of the club), Pochettino isn't good enough, Kane won't be a decent striker...

I think you should take a deep breath, look at the results of the last 3 years, and calm down.

Back
Top Bottom