Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mostly like if we get say 20% it will be a cash injection but little else. They ain’t gonna take control of the club and buy titles.
It’s step 1 of a full blown takeover. One of my biggest criticisms of Levy was his inability to get Lewis to invest, nor sell a minority stake to generate funds. This is a good outcome if true

They’d start with a small stake then eventually buy everyone out

I’m conflicted, don’t want the club to be involved with cunts like this but also understand it’s the only way to stay at the top nowadays and everyone else is doing it so why not join the fucking party

They’d start with a small stake then eventually buy everyone out

I’m conflicted, don’t want the club to be involved with cunts like this but also understand it’s the only way to stay at the top nowadays and everyone else is doing it so why not join the fucking party
Well we either, accept it as progress, or stay on the outside looking in like the proverbial fat boy and the sweet shop.

If & that is a huge if , this happens . I see it as permanent naming rights for the stadium first , with some ridiculous amount , eventually sponsorship on shirt & I hope it goes towards the building of the squad & not property.

I’ll believe it when I see it

All Billionaires have done something dodgy to get that sort of money

Football was ruined a long time ago might aswell join in
It's only way now to compete with the very best.
For those who are concerned with the moral compass and all that, I can confirm that only football and NFL football will happen on the pitch.
So can say with confidence that NO executions will take place on the pitch daily or before games, so should make those people happy.

Point 1 - If history is any guide - pretty good chance that Levy negotiates too hard and sinks the deal.

Point 2 - My understanding is that the Qataris are properly anti-Semitic (unlike Abu Dhabi (and Dubai) who have established official diplomatic relations with Israel). Remember reading about a Qatar controversy regarding anti-Semitism in their official school textbooks a couple of years back - assuming this isn’t some isolated incident. I’m not Jewish but given the history of our club, I’m not sure if I’m ok with this - leaving the footballing implications aside for a minute ….

Point 1 - If history is any guide - pretty good chance that Levy negotiates too hard and sinks the deal.

Point 2 - My understanding is that the Qataris are properly anti-Semitic (unlike Abu Dhabi (and Dubai) who have established official diplomatic relations with Israel). Remember reading about a Qatar controversy regarding anti-Semitism in their official school textbooks a couple of years back - assuming this isn’t some isolated incident. I’m not Jewish but given the history of our club, I’m not sure if I’m ok with this - leaving the footballing implications aside for a minute ….
point 1 crossed my mind straight away. Levy will want billions for a 10% ownership

What’s 20% of 3-4BN? It’s a proper war chest

Depends if any of the money goes towards improving the squad. It may not, we may get dodgy ownership and have little benefit.

It would be very Spurs to be a sportwashing exercise with no investment in the playing squad but I can envision it.

Back
Top Bottom