Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People are blaming Levy for not closing the Qatar deal now they've got United in their sights. A bit unfair in my view.

It's not like going down the souk and buying an oil well and a couple of burqas you know.
Meanwhile people in the City thread furious at the financial doping of the cheating scumbags

Happy birthday Daniel

giphy.webp

Ok, you take a poll on a website and I'll take the fact an actual protest outside the stadium on match day which mustered no support and lasted half an hour.
I think I know which most likely reflects the larger fanbase.

Sure, I mean when you disagree on something, it's not actually enough to ask other people what they think.

Oh no. They have to go to obscene lenghts to prove themselves right to you, even travel around the globe to be somewhere of your specification for half an hour, while you have to do nothing but to "think you know" what reflects reality and what doesn't.

:harrysmile:

To tie the two threads of this conversation together, Chelsea's three CL finals came under Avram Grant, Di Matteo and Tuchel.

Some clubs don't have to get their managerial choices right.

You mean that succes or failure doesn't just depend on the human ballistic vest, known at Spurs under such illustrious terms as "head coach", "manager" or "director of football"?

Paratici isn't in charge of scouting. That's on Leonardo Gabbanini.

Paratici's role is much more than just scouting and buying players. He's the overall boss of the football side of the club. So losing him to a ban would obviously be a blow. But Gabbanini was brought in to handle the scouting and overall scouting strategy in the summer so that should roll on as normal.
What a lot of italians back stage....

Sure, I mean when you disagree on something, it's not actually enough to ask other people what they think.

Oh no. They have to go to obscene lenghts to prove themselves right to you, even travel around the globe to be somewhere of your specification for half an hour, while you have to do nothing but to "think you know" what reflects reality and what doesn't.

:harrysmile:

You're not making any sense. There was a protest at the stadium, the actual stadium of Tottenham Hotspur before a Spurs match on a Sunday afternoon, not at some arbitrary place and time like you're suggesting I'm saying. Only 28 people showed up, while around 60,000 who were already there for the match didn't join in. That's less than half a double decker bus worth of people.

If there was going to be a marker of serious anger and demand for change you really would think that number would be much higher. All I'm pointing out is there's a world of difference between "Yeah I'd like new owners please" and "I DEMAND ENIC OUT RIGHT NOW OR ELSE" because yeah, I'm sure if you asked each of the 60,000 in a binary yes or no I'd guess a majority would want ENIC out, but they're not yet angry enough to protest, or it doesn't occupy their every thought.

Serious anger and demand for change requires action and loud, continual protest, not just clicking a button on a poll on a website which is only visited by a very small subset of Spurs fans.

All I'm saying is there's an undercurrent of discontent in the fanbase, but it isn't bubbling over (yet). I don't see why this is such a contraversial opinion.

You're not making any sense. There was a protest at the stadium, the actual stadium of Tottenham Hotspur before a Spurs match on a Sunday afternoon, not at some arbitrary place and time like you're suggesting I'm saying. Only 28 people showed up, while around 60,000 who were already there for the match didn't join in. That's less than half a double decker bus worth of people.

If there was going to be a marker of serious anger and demand for change you really would think that number would be much higher. All I'm pointing out is there's a world of difference between "Yeah I'd like new owners please" and "I DEMAND ENIC OUT RIGHT NOW OR ELSE" because yeah, I'm sure if you asked each of the 60,000 in a binary yes or no I'd guess a majority would want ENIC out, but they're not yet angry enough to protest, or it doesn't occupy their every thought.

Serious anger and demand for change requires action and loud, continual protest, not just clicking a button on a poll on a website which is only visited by a very small subset of Spurs fans.

All I'm saying is there's an undercurrent of discontent in the fanbase, but it isn't bubbling over (yet). I don't see why this is such a contraversial opinion.

That's because you are demanding a different bar to be cleared from critics compared to ENIC supporters.

Which was exactly what my post was about.

That's because you are demanding a different bar to be cleared from critics compared to ENIC supporters.

Which was exactly what my post was about.

Yeah, exactly.

People want ENIC out. Most of this fanbase I'd wager. But someone needs to be REALLY angry to go out and protest over something as silly as football. It's just not important enough to 90% of people's lives to justify going out and standing in the cold for hours.

Most people don't even protest over actual issues like a cost of living crisis FFS.

Absolutely this. The 18 month contract is a problem and one Levy shouldn't have agreed to, but after the Jose and Nuno debacles, he was up shit creek and needed a Conte to rescue the situation, even if it meant agreeing to a relatively short term fix.

All down to a lack of consistent strategy that was gradually eroded during the Poch years and then destroyed with the appointment of Jose.

It has come out that the 18 month contract was Levy’s choice. Conte was happy to sign up for longer but he went along with the wishes of the club.

Back
Top Bottom