Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: TrophyCabinetGate...

John's description sounds pretty much the same as it was at the old WHL when I did the tour there in our last season.

There was a big lounge on the first floor above the main entrance with comfy seats. Around the walls were a dozen or so individual display cases as JT describes it with replicas that included obscure challenge cups from yesteryear. There was no trophy cabinet per se, the effect was pretty underwhelming.

No one asked why so I can't vouch for the explanation that John gave, but the rest fits with what I saw at old WHL, not bullshit at all.
Thanks Bill.

Of course, it takes a man to apologise. A sneaky, cowardly mouse just doubles down on his spineless slanders in a vain attempt to save face.

Shadydan Shadydan . Man or cowardly little mouse?

:kaneear:

Thanks Bill.

Of course, it takes a man to apologise. A sneaky, cowardly mouse just doubles down on his spineless slanders in a vain attempt to save face.

Shadydan Shadydan . Man or cowardly little mouse?

:kaneear:

You see I don't have a problem with you calling out the club but I don't see the point of lying, I think you're probably doing it to appease your little hangers on in here purely for affirmation.

And why try and deflect from your blatant lies by calling me a mouse just because I've called you out on your BS. :D

You see I don't have a problem with you calling out the club but I don't see the point of lying, I think you're probably doing it to appease your little hangers on in here purely for affirmation.

And why try and deflect from your blatant lies by calling me a mouse just because I've called you out on your BS. :D

You have zero proof he is lying. Others have corroborated that this is mostly how it goes. You've been told to go to the tour and see for yourself but have no answer to that. So you're just gonna keep saying "liar" because you can't bring yourself to say "fair fucks, made a mistake" and apologise.

It's really quite pathetic.

Please can you call out John Thomas' hangers on?

I'd love to know who you mean

:sherwoodlol:

"The truth. The whole truth nothing but the truth"

Ah well. If it looks like a mouse. And sounds like a mouse

hello-there-mouse-waving-fqm4viexq6ar0hcz.gif

Squeek Squeek

Last edited:
I still don't get the ENIC myth/model of NOT wanting a successful team...
Surely the 'brand' the plc and the whatever #TOTTENHAM.com thing they've got going on is BETTER if they're winning, no?
Think of all the extra revenue and attention it would bring if we win a fucking trophy ..?

Think if all the extra shirt sales we would get if we could ever think of attracting a Messi, or Mbappe, or Ronaldo to the club...? But that only comes with the genuine chance of trophies!

I just fail to believe Levy IS THAT STUPID to not recognise the financial gain of WINNING TROPHIES to generate MORE success!

if he hasn't worked it out by now, then the guy really IS a fucking idiot!

Surely the 'brand' the plc and the whatever #TOTTENHAM.com thing they've got going on is BETTER if they're winning, no?
Think of all the extra revenue and attention it would bring if we win a fucking trophy ..?

Think if all the extra shirt sales we would get if we could ever think of attracting a Messi, or Mbappe, or Ronaldo to the club...? But that only comes with the genuine chance of trophies!

I just fail to believe Levy IS THAT STUPID to not recognise the financial gain of WINNING TROPHIES to generate MORE success!

How many times?
He doesn't want to do a Leeds in pursuit of glory.
Proper chairman. 💪

I'll chuck something into the debate.
Yes, I know we all joke about the NFL, Beyonce and the fucking go karts but I think this could be part of the problem.
The club at the top are not 100% committed to the FOOTBALL side of things to the extent that 4th is deemed OK.
This lack of TOTAL commitment to the football side of things drips down to mentality of the team and hence we are where we are.
You don't see this DIVIDE in interests at the Goons, dippers etc.
Levy/ENIC out.
And Conte.

Why would they want to take risks when they make just as much from us...without winning.

If they can make money without putting the work they will....

I mean I was shocked as hell when they said we were 9th in revenue in the world. I'm guessing Son has something to do with it in Asia but unless they start losing revenue they will not change.

I'll chuck something into the debate.
Yes, I know we all joke about the NFL, Beyonce and the fucking go karts but I think this could be part of the problem.
The club at the top are not 100% committed to the FOOTBALL side of things to the extent that 4th is deemed OK.
This lack of TOTAL commitment to the football side of things drips down to mentality of the team and hence we are where we are.
You don't see this DIVIDE in interests at the Goons, dippers etc.
Levy/ENIC out.
And Conte.
Do you honestly think that Levy, Paratici and Conte are personally arranging Beyoncé concerts?

As Chair of the group, Levy is probably slightly involved in managing and leading the people who are, but that’s true in any club.

Do you also think Sheikh Mansour is ordering the beer and pies for Man City matches?

Football clubs are huge organisations with many strings to their bows. We have hundreds of employees to do stuff like arranging concerts. The football club is the primary reason for all this to exist and is given that level of importance in the running of everything we do.

This argument that Levy is fucking things up because of all else we do is false. Maybe he’s not up to the job on the football side, that’s a different argument, but go karts and Beyoncé isn’t a valid reason why we have problems on the pitch.

Exactly. What football club owner doesn’t want to win? It’s ridiculous. Another stupid argument perpetrated by stupid people.

Do you honestly think that Levy, Paratici and Conte are personally arranging Beyoncé concerts?

As Chair of the group, Levy is probably slightly involved in managing and leading the people who are, but that’s true in any club.

Do you also think Sheikh Mansour is ordering the beer and pies for Man City matches?

Football clubs are huge organisations with many strings to their bows. We have hundreds of employees to do stuff like arranging concerts. The football club is the primary reason for all this to exist and is given that level of importance in the running of everything we do.

This argument that Levy is fucking things up because of all else we do is false. Maybe he’s not up to the job on the football side, that’s a different argument, but go karts and Beyoncé isn’t a valid reason why we have problems on the pitch.
Fair comments mate. I'm just trying to look at the mentality of the club. COYS

Exactly. What football club owner doesn’t want to win? It’s ridiculous. Another stupid argument perpetrated by stupid people.

I don't think anyone has made that argument that Levy actively doesn't want to win?

The issue is that Levy is smart enough to realise that's its bloody expensive to run a title winning club that exposes him to high financial risk.

So the next best option is to target 4th under a modest investment relative to the revenue received in return.

Back
Top Bottom