Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante - Directing your anger at the wrong place mate. It's Joe Lewis who owns ENIC, who own Spurs. Levy is just his little puppet and does whatever he says - and his job brief is to manage a sell-able asset for ENIC. It's not a football club, it's a billionaires investment in order to make more money.

Your right but getting at Lewis is the problem. He lives as a tax exile turns up once a year , has
no real interest but a money return . Our little chance as he resembles the walking dead is
that he pops his clogs soon . ENIC are a parasite but the apathetic will sit on a fence
in a sea of mediocrity .

I am starting to lose patience with ENIC, unless a striker is signed in the next hour and a half. So our strike force options are - Ade, who when playing as a long striker likes to piss about on the wing, Bobby S can not play as a lone striker as all of last season proved and Kane, who best intentions is not top 4 material. Still we signed another defensive midfielder and let another go.

Surely the game yesterday showed our lack of potency upfront? And if we take the cups seriously then we are seriously stretched with attacking options, an injury to ade or bobby and thats it

It's probably been said a million times but do people remember where we were before ENIC. Not saying it was a masterstroke by them, they invested in good young talent some of whom made us a Fuck load of money that we invested just enough back into the squad to keep us competitive. ENIC missed the boat when we didn't buy a striker in the Champions League season, completely knocked us back and halted our progress, couple that with the Chelsea champions league stealing our place and we were fucked. Outside of that I don't think people understand what we are. If you want us to be a billionaires plaything then that's your opinion but I would be uncomfortable with it.

thats true, but I just want a balanced squad. We have umpteen midfielders of the smae mould and next to nothing up front, the squad is completely unbalanced as it was last season and this issue is not being adressed by the club

thats true, but I just want a balanced squad. We have umpteen midfielders of the smae mould and next to nothing up front, the squad is completely unbalanced as it was last season and this issue is not being adressed by the club
But there is no profit in buying a quality striker, buying midfielders and selling them on for profit is the way to go

Back
Top Bottom