Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly, the point and importance of football is entertainment. Giving people something to look forward to each weekend, to be part of a tribe, to cheer on in the hope of winning games and eventually trophies.
To give communities a pillar of focus, to support surrounding businesses on match days, to employ people living in the area.. Now more to sell TV contracts for what is essentially a global soap opera. Media entertainment.

If Vicario, if if if.. If Son didn't score goals, if vdV didn't chase everyone down, if Romero didn't make all those blocks.

Don't agree our win against Liverpool was lucky. I think they were lucky to not concede earlier and only lose by 1.
I see why you support Levy now, it's just a day out and the trophies are a pipe dream.

He also went 18 months without signing any players to strenghten the team.

He must have also hired shit scouts coz when he did finally spend he bought turds.

At the time I could understand the rhetoric that 'if we can't strengthen the squad we won't buy' whilst we already had a pretty strong squad looking at the previous season.

Whilst I find it hard to believe or agree an upgrade of even a squad player outside the starting 11 was impossible.

As has been discussed recently, I blame Poch for our 2 massive stinkers of Ndombele and Lo Celso the following window. Levy DID "pay the money" on ill advised garbage.

The manager and chief scout (whatever Hitchen was) were fired shortly after.

And round and round we go.... sack the manager, sack the head scout, but never criticise Levy.

That forumula isn't working, can't you see? We're a joke.

Even if we did have a couple of good seasons under ENIC that's not good enough, we won fuck all and we've since declined.

1 in 23 is just the truth.

Prior to them taking over we held the record for most FA Cup victories.

What? No we didn't.
In 91 our 8th win overtook Man Utd's 7.
By 2001 when they took over, Man Utd had 10 Woolwich on 7 were by then poised to overtake up by winning the next 2 consecutive FA Cups.

So yeah, we did have the record - but that was 10 years before they took over.

I already called them out for it before, it must be an anti Levy cult thing or something...

Nah this behaviour needs to be studied man 😆

Honestly, it's fucking weird to be called a cum guzzler and told go suck a dick by people who simply disagree with something you say or think.

Maybe it's not homophobic but it certainly shows a lack of emotional intelligence and some other much more deep issues with their inability to be able to have a constructive conversation.

Seems like you spend most of your time on here arguing and defending Levy. What's he actually done that impresses you so much that you feel the need to do so?

Dude this convo is boring, why the obsession with me

Just read these and if this doesn't convince you then that's fine...you don't agree so just move on 🤷‍♀️

https://www.tottenhamhotspurnews.co...purs-overtake-Woolwich-chelsea-finance-chart/

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/coys/comments/10fy53x/in_praise_of_daniel_levy/

Why do you think Gooner fans want him to stay?

Lmao It never ceases to amaze me why fans take football chanting so literally.

Mate - I don't think our fanbase want to literally kick the head in of Woolwich fans, just a hunch.

Last edited:
What? No we didn't.
In 91 our 8th win overtook Man Utd's 7.
By 2001 when they took over, Man Utd had 10 Woolwich on 7 were by then poised to overtake up by winning the next 2 consecutive FA Cups.

So yeah, we did have the record - but that was 10 years before they took over.
Ok so I was out by a few years.

Point stands. This used to be a trophy-winning club in the English top flight. Now it leverages the idea of almost winning to harvest more money from it's customers without ever delivering.

And round and round we go.... sack the manager, sack the head scout, but never criticise Levy.

That forumula isn't working, can't you see? We're a joke.

Even if we did have a couple of good seasons under ENIC that's not good enough, we won fuck all and we've since declined.

I say the formula for increasing our odds and probability of winning cups has increased overall but you will never have exponential improvements in football.

Some of his managerial appointments I have been pleased with at the time or they did well, others have been garbage.

Ones I would put down as positive;
Hoddle
Jol
Redknapp
Pochettino
Conte
Postecoglu

Ones I would say were trash;
Santini
Ramos (even though he won a cup)
AVB
Sherwood (albeit short term)
Mourinho
Nuno

Around 16-17 years I think of understandable tenures compared with 6-7? years of the garbage.

.you don't agree so just move on
You're obsessed with defending Levy no matter what.

You can paint Levy to be as good as you like but the proof is in the pudding. We don't win enough, and as I said to your fellow Levy arse kisser, we had a couple of good seasons under ENIC, won fuck all, and since then we have declined.

What's to like?

You can paint Levy to be as good as you like but the proof is in the pudding. We don't win enough, and as I said to your fellow Levy arse kisser, we had a couple of good seasons under ENIC, won fuck all, and since then we have declined.

What's to like?

Okay and you're obsessed with me defending him 🤷‍♂️

Great conversation this.

Most fans are anti levy.

In your little online world of Twitter and social media yes.

Newsflash - Neither represent a large element of the fanbase, it does represent a bunch of angry children online who constantly throw their toys out the pram at any perceived bad moment this clubs goes through though.

Ok so I was out by a few years.

Point stands. This used to be a trophy-winning club in the English top flight. Now it leverages the idea of almost winning to harvest more money from it's customers without ever delivering.

Could say as a club we average a trophy every 8-9 years overall.
There have been peaks and troughs naturally, with the 60s-80s massively inflating the average.

But football has changed a lot since then. We would never have signed a Villa / Ardiles standard of player since 2001 without becoming a bigger, more attractive club to join.

As has been discussed recently, I blame Poch for our 2 massive stinkers of Ndombele and Lo Celso the following window. Levy DID "pay the money" on ill advised garbage.

Hitchen wasnt sacked soon after, he was actually promoted to technical director in 2020 after he scouted those signings. This was someone who was meant to be an expert on the French league. He oversaw the equally shit 2020 window of Joe Hart, Doherty, Rodon, Requillon, Hojbjerg and Bale. He was never sacked but resigned a few months after Paratici came.

Last edited:
Blah blah blah uter nonsense

Quite so you should be in here praising him and the board when we win then, why don't I see this thread bumped when we beat teams, why do you disappear from the forum like a little snake when we beat teams?

You can't have it both ways, or maybe you can because you struggle to be objective when it comes to the board and your whole entire feeling towards the board is clouded in bias...

What's to like?
You could like the food, drink and music concerts, after all, expecting a huge football club to be successful is entitlement.

Isn't the point of football to win as many trophies as possible?

You seem to be echoing what people accuse Levy of ie try and stay in the top 7, and sod the cup competitions.

If not for some amazing saves from Vicario this season we'd be mid table. You'd need to be blind to not see it.

We also had a very lucky win against Liverpool.

95% of teams cannot win trophies so no.

An even higher percentage of teams don't win trophies from season to season, last season in the PL only two teams won trophies with 3 going to 1 club, does that mean the other 18 were objective failures?, no.

Also lol what does being lucky in matches and our goalkeeper saving us do with the board? It seems like many of you have got it twisted, that's a manager and player thing, not a board thing mate.

BTW That's such a rival fan take, if not for one of our best players we'd be mid table, well duh, it's not as if you can't make the same argument for anyone else is there :pocheyes:

Last edited:
They took over a 1 trophy in 10 years club.
It's now a 1 trophy in 16 years club.

Just the facts. I'm happy I support Spurs regardless. Others maybe live in regret they didn't choose a Liverpool or something.
FA Cup in 91
League Cup in 99

That's 2 trophies.

In our apparently worst ever decade according to Levy apologists.

Back
Top Bottom