Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

4th largest net spend over last 5 years. Worth noting 3rd this season with no European football at all.

Spending power seems to be increasing compared to most other clubs post covid.

4) Tottenham: £-459.4m
23/24: £-132.83m
22/23: £-118.93m (8th)
21/22: £-52.38m (4th)
20/21: £-83.08m (7th)
19/20: £-73.5m (6th)

And if we can get CL this season??
omg-yes-antonio-banderas.gif

I'm sure he did.

But "low interest repayments" don't really give the same buzz of excitement as,for example, an FA cup win or a European trophy.

He gets no credit from me because,quite frankly, I'm a football fan and therefore while our trophy cabinet continues gathering dust and all our rivals stock theirs I couldn't give 2 fucks.
TWO of those "rivals" are almost certainly going to be relegated and have their trophies taken from them. A model of success you have been wanking over for years John.

TWO of those "rivals" are almost certainly going to be relegated and have their trophies taken from them. A model of success you have been wanking over for years John.
:sonlol:

Yeah right...

It's a possibility sure, but "almost certain"? I'd say at present them getting a £10,000 fine and a 6 month transfer ban, later reduced to 3 months September to January on appeal, is just as likely as relegation.

I hope so, they should but no chance sadly.

It would call into question the last 22 years of the league and cups. Appeals going in left right and centre would drag it out. They're already talking about changing rules.

Toughest it will be is around a 10 pts deduction and/or a 12 month transfer ban. City would still make top 4.

Yeah right...

It's a possibility sure, but "almost certain"? I'd say at present them getting a £10,000 fine and a 6 month transfer ban, later reduced to 3 months September to January on appeal, is just as likely as relegation.
Why?

Clubs are clearly being docked points now rather than just being fined (something historically where those fines always made business sense to pick them up and factor the cost of them into part of the business plan eg Leicester cheated their way into the PL, they were caught and ultimately, after appeals, just paid a fine that amounted to £3m!!!! Getting a promotion to the PL enabled them to increase their revenues by £200m pa and all it cost them was £3m. That's not a deterrent, it's an active incentive).

So what nugget of info do you have that sees City or Chelsea not getting a points deduction?

I hope so, they should but no chance sadly.

It would call into question the last 22 years of the league and cups. Appeals going in left right and centre would drag it out. They're already talking about changing rules.

Toughest it will be is around a 10 pts deduction and/or a 12 month transfer ban. City would still make top 4.
It's difficult to assign a point value to City's case as it's structurally different to those of Everton and Forrest but assuming there's a 4-point deduction for each charge City are fucked with 115 charges. It's also important to know that they presented zero evidence when UEFA charged them, their only defence was the emails that led to the charges were "obtained illegally" and they were found guilty. At the CAS appeal, their defence was time barred so the case got chucked out under the statute of limitations!!

When found guilty their actions will be treated as "gaining an unfair sporting advantage" and thus will be handed out points deductions based on each 115 charges against them. Highly likely that because they are so serious and so many they will simply be chucked out of the league and banned from other sporting competitions. Because they obtained an unfair sporting advantage they will have their titles removed.

Chavs are yet to be charged, but seeing as they self-reported on a couple of issues they will 100% be found guilty when charged. My guess is there's a ton more stuff at Chavs to be uncovered, and the press is basically reporting as such almost on a weekly basis now as new stuff is found (this week is over illegal payments to CEO etc).

In both cases, we are talking about years of legal wrangling before anything is finalised. although City's day of reckoning is getting closer.

4th largest net spend over last 5 years. Worth noting 3rd this season with no European football at all.

Spending power seems to be increasing compared to most other clubs post covid.

4) Tottenham: £-459.4m
23/24: £-132.83m
22/23: £-118.93m (8th)
21/22: £-52.38m (4th)
20/21: £-83.08m (7th)
19/20: £-73.5m (6th)

And if we can get CL this season??
omg-yes-antonio-banderas.gif
Doesn't include wages, bonuses, agents and back handers though.

Yeah right...

The PL will absolutely shit the fucking bed when it comes to City and Chelsea.

Whether anyone agrees with it or not, those clubs have a growing international fanbase now, unlike Everton and Forest.

It's literally like picking on little kids and being scared of the bigger boys.

Why?

Clubs are clearly being docked points now rather than just being fined (something historically where those fines always made business sense to pick them up and factor the cost of them into part of the business plan eg Leicester cheated their way into the PL, they were caught and ultimately, after appeals, just paid a fine that amounted to £3m!!!! Getting a promotion to the PL enabled them to increase their revenues by £200m pa and all it cost them was £3m. That's not a deterrent, it's an active incentive).

So what nugget of info do you have that sees City or Chelsea not getting a points deduction?
Nothing but Sod's Law...

So the ptb have docked Everton 6 points and Forest 4, beyond that what historical evidence do you have to believe that relegation for City/Chelsea is even particularly likely, let alone almost certain?

Nothing but Sod's Law...

So the ptb have docked Everton 6 points and Forest 4, beyond that what historical evidence do you have to believe that relegation for City/Chelsea is even particularly likely, let alone almost certain?
TBF, Serie A relegated Juve, Scottish Premiership basically threw Rangers out of professional football forcing them to rebrand "The Rangers Football Club"

There are examples outside the English PL.
I just don't think the money making juggernaut that is the PL, have the balls to punish the cows they milk.

Nothing but Sod's Law...

Because they have docked Everton and Forrest points within the last handful of weeks. This is now president.

But my original point wasn't even being made around the specifics of their pending cases, just that people in here have specifically wanked over City and Chavs, wishing we could have owners just like them. I assume that they still cave this type of ownership?

Plus I dare say in his mind he was contemplating the tactics of the first half while simultaneously considering what options we had on the bench.

And yet “experts” say that men can’t multitask.

Scientists proven wrong yet again.
Men CAN multi-task.

I, for example, can make love to a woman whilst thinking about another. Easy peasy.

TBF, Serie A relegated Juve, Scottish Premiership basically threw Rangers out of professional football forcing them to rebrand "The Rangers Football Club"

There are examples outside the English PL.
I just don't think the money making juggernaut that is the PL, have the balls to punish the cows they milk.
But they ARE!! They have literally charged City with 115 breaches of the laws of the game everyone has signed up to and agreed upon.

Historically, what has been wrong has been focused on making the punishment a financial fine and specifically one that incentivises clubs to cost into their business plan because the sporting awards have generated far greater revenue than the value of the fine.

Because they have docked Everton and Forrest points within the last handful of weeks. This is now president.

But my original point wasn't even being made around the specifics of their pending cases, just that people in here have specifically wanked over City and Chavs, wishing we could have owners just like them. I assume that they still cave this type of ownership?
I'm not one of those tbf, I have been frustrated by Spurs on a number of fronts for the majority of my Spurs supporting life, and at times I'm sure I probably have on occasion thought "I wish we had a benevolent billionaire owner chucking money into the club", or been jealous of their spending, or bemoaned our frugality, but never to the extent that I have been actively and vehemently ENIC out.

I imagine that if you asked those that did crave such owners if they are changing their tune though, that the answer would depend on the ultimate punishment doled out by the PL, if it amounts to a slap on the wrist then they probably would take it still.
But they ARE!! They have literally charged City with 115 breaches of the laws of the game everyone has signed up to and agreed upon.

Historically, what has been wrong has been focused on making the punishment a financial fine and specifically one that incentivises clubs to cost into their business plan because the sporting awards have generated far greater revenue than the value of the fine.
You have more faith in their ability to follow through than I do, hopefully you're right but I'm not expecting anything Earth shattering, certainly not in the realms of relegation or expulsion, that's far too good to be true.

No no. You've misunderstood me.
I'm absolutely thrilled at our financial performance and ever expanding non-football related empire. Fuck these overrated trophies and titles, mate
The new hotel is the ultimate thrill. This is why I became a football fan all those years ago.

No no. You've misunderstood me.
I'm absolutely thrilled at our financial performance and ever expanding non-football related empire. Fuck these overrated trophies and titles, mate
The new hotel is the ultimate thrill. This is why I became a football fan all those years ago.
So you are still wanking over Chavs and City ownership as the model we should have?

Back
Top Bottom