Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m all over the place with these financial results and Levy’s bonus.

Every rabid ENIC Out poster on here wanted Levy to remove himself from football operations and he has appeared to do so, at least to an extent. Therefore, any bonus he is awarded probably shouldn’t reflect the on pitch performance and should be awarded for the fiscal performance instead.

Whilst we have increased revenue massively, we have also posted a big loss. So, does Levy get his bonus because of the revenue, or should he lose it because of the loss? Does he get more of a bonus if we had not signed players and made a profit? Which would have lead to a worse on pitch performance.

Are we still holding the like of Bloom at Brighton up as a guy who “does it right”? Selling loads of their best players, making massive profits and using a decent percentage of these profits to pay back owner loans? Even though a few of the ENIC Outers said he was putting his own money in and wouldn’t be taking it back?

It’s a fine line here, as our huge revenue is down to Levy. And we need to make reasonable losses to keep up on the pitch. So should Levy ever get a bonus? I’ve no clue.

Does seem to me that he already makes a handsome salary and as part owner of the club, he’s got a nice nest egg there too. At the very least, we need a new PR company to point out that the timing of a lot of our announcements sucks. Don’t be announcing increased prices and restrictions on concessions a short period before announcing a massive bonus to Levy.

The club does seem very amateurish when it comes to this kind of thing.

Every rabid ENIC Out poster on here wanted Levy to remove himself from football operations and he has appeared to do so, at least to an extent. Therefore, any bonus he is awarded probably shouldn’t reflect the on pitch performance and should be awarded for the fiscal performance instead.

Whilst we have increased revenue massively, we have also posted a big loss. So, does Levy get his bonus because of the revenue, or should he lose it because of the loss? Does he get more of a bonus if we had not signed players and made a profit? Which would have lead to a worse on pitch performance.

Are we still holding the like of Bloom at Brighton up as a guy who “does it right”? Selling loads of their best players, making massive profits and using a decent percentage of these profits to pay back owner loans? Even though a few of the ENIC Outers said he was putting his own money in and wouldn’t be taking it back?

It’s a fine line here, as our huge revenue is down to Levy. And we need to make reasonable losses to keep up on the pitch. So should Levy ever get a bonus? I’ve no clue.

Does seem to me that he already makes a handsome salary and as part owner of the club, he’s got a nice nest egg there too. At the very least, we need a new PR company to point out that the timing of a lot of our announcements sucks. Don’t be announcing increased prices and restrictions on concessions a short period before announcing a massive bonus to Levy.

Good post. The loss is a paper loss however, more than offset by the sales of players a few months later at the end of the window

We've got fans that have acted like we have some moral high ground over Chelsea and City because of their owners compared to ours. Convicted of insider trading. I wonder what those same fans would say if it was the Chelsea or City owner convicted of the same thing.
Well the City owners give out 80 lashes if anyone speaks against them in their country. That’s if you’re lucky.

It’s just a paper loss. There is a 72m write down on the stadium for the first ten years . Another 5 to go. Not forgetting the 9m on Tanguy contract amortisation. Plus the other players.
interesting to see how much they sell off.
It is a fact if we sell him for 10m in the summer we will have made a profit of 1m on him. Cannot beat a bit of creative accounting.

It’s just a paper loss. There is a 72m write down on the stadium for the first ten years . Another 5 to go. Not forgetting the 9m on Tanguy contract amortisation. Plus the other players.
interesting to see how much they sell off.
It is a fact if we sell him for 10m in the summer we will have made a profit of 1m on him. Cannot beat a bit of creative accounting.
A paper loss? Meaning we didn’t spend more than we made? Not being an accountant, I do struggle with this kind of thing.

Sounds to me like it's all done bar the announcement. I'd guess any announcement won't come until after the summer transfer window though. No point trying to negotiate transfers when everyone knows you have money sloshing aorund.

Keith Wyness isn’t blessed with a sparkling history in football. Was a nightmare up here and don’t think Everton and Villa fans would have many positive things to say about him either.

Is a minority investment a takeover?

It’s not clear right now if it’s a minority or majority.

If Joe is selling up (well his trust fund) it will be a majority and it sounded by the article that is what a lot of the investors want. But I’d probably guess it ends up as a minority stake which is what Spurs have mentioned in the accounts but who knows, seems a bit like change is coming.

It’s not clear right now if it’s a minority or majority.

If Joe is selling up (well his trust fund) it will be a majority and it sounded by the article that is what a lot of the investors want. But I’d probably guess it ends up as a minority stake which is what Spurs have mentioned in the accounts but who knows, seems a bit like change is coming.

Thanks mate - was just a bit confusing

Headline - Takeover
Blurb - Minority stake.

Keith Wyness isn’t blessed with a sparkling history in football. Was a nightmare up here and don’t think Everton and Villa fans would have many positive things to say about him either.
My take from reading the article isn't that Wyness is involved in the supposed takeover. But rather that he has been working as a consultant with various parties interested in taking over.

He runs a consultancy firm focused on football now I believe.

Also, having actually read that article, it's not exactly a revelation is it? We've been linked with numerous people/enterprises/investment vehicles etc the past decade. I reckon at least one a year.

The fact that Levy has openly said they will always look at offers for the Club and more recently have openly been seen to be in talks with the likes of that Singaporean fella, and Qatari connection we all know something might well materialise.

But seeing that for the first time ever Levy has actively asserted that we are now looking for outside investment then it will happen.

I did get nervous when I saw the headline of that article and Wyness name in the same sentence, I wouldn't want that fucking anywhere near us. Thank God he's just doing what he's been doing for ages now, which is appearing on podcasts and getting his info nuggets re-quoted in the media for clicks.

Back
Top Bottom