Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All of what you guys are saying is all well and good, but how does Levy running things so we're in the black, translate to us playing slow today and losing to a team that wanted it more?
Levy didn't pick Chiriches today did he? And unless Levy poured a bottle of Jack Daniels down ol' Vlads throat before the game its hardly Levys fault how shit the guy played.

Just seems like scapegoating to me.

Yeah we've won one trophy under ENIC but are you forgetting what City and Chelsea have done in the time ENIC have been in charge. Winning a trophy has lost all meaning now. Football has changed its not the same as it was before 2000. Its fucking moronic to measure our success in terms of trophies.
Plus if we won a trophy this season but finished 12, people would moan that that isn't good enough.
I promise I won't moan if we finish 12th but win the Europa League :pochbye:

I expect 7th and no trophy.

All of what you guys are saying is all well and good, but how does Levy running things so we're in the black, translate to us playing slow today and losing to a team that wanted it more?
Levy didn't pick Chiriches today did he? And unless Levy poured a bottle of Jack Daniels down ol' Vlads throat before the game its hardly Levys fault how shit the guy played.

Yeah we've won one trophy under ENIC but are you forgetting what City and Chelsea have done in the time ENIC have been in charge. Winning a trophy has lost all meaning now. Football has changed its not the same as it was before 2000. Its fucking moronic to measure our success in terms of trophies.
Plus if we won a trophy this season but finished 12, people would moan that that isn't good enough.

What we have is a squad of 5th choice players as one of our former coaches Clive Allen pointed out last week you take your target to Levy and he gives you the 5th option all the polished gems have been sold and were stuck with a team of might-be's and 5th choice players.
We all know how it works.

I am measuring success on the pitch and what I have been seeing for a while I would not serve my dog to dinner.

Well once again we have been let down by ENIC, IMHO.

We went into season with two empty spaces in our squad. Put say Welbeck and Lescott, both obtainable during the summer, into that squad and suddenly it looks stronger and more able to cope with Europe and the domestic programme.

Poch is almost certainly no Messiah. He's not a naughty boy either, but will struggle to match Sherwood's ppg. I just hope he can perform a minor miracle and win us a trophy, but with a squad that will almost certainly become overstretched in terms of quantity and quality, it's a slim hope indeed.

Hold firm, don't give up . Come out of the dark , let sweet Jesus take you by the hand, the
darkness will lift . Football is about winning no matter how hard it is,
defeatism will lead to depression . No more apologies , let those demons go.
There is a holy land for those who believe in justice , purity and glory.

Last edited:
Well once again we have been let down by ENIC, IMHO.

We went into season with two empty spaces in our squad. Put say Welbeck and Lescott, both obtainable during the summer, into that squad and suddenly it looks stronger and more able to cope with Europe and the domestic programme.

Poch is almost certainly no Messiah. He's not a naughty boy either, but will struggle to match Sherwood's ppg. I just hope he can perform a minor miracle and win us a trophy, but with a squad that will almost certainly become overstretched in terms of quantity and quality, it's a slim hope indeed.
You generally talk utter bollocks so i mostly ignore you

However

I am completely baffled as to why we didnt pull out all the stops for Lescott. He'd be my first choice CB alongside Vertonghen, he's English, and most importantly, if West Brom can afford his wages, WE can afford his wages.
I can only presume he didnt want to move too far south because he's far too good for West Brom.

The club is moving backwards. Were soon to be overtaken by West Ham. We spend less money on transfers than Stoke City and West Brom. We still play in a stadium smaller than Sunderlands. We keep getting hammered by the big clubs. We`ve won 1 minor trophy in 15 years. We`ve never finished above Woolwich. And we put in abject performances like the one today. Yeah. There really has been progression under ENIC hasn`t there. I`m just amazed theres not more anger and frustration aimed towards them on this forum.

Well, we have, just not in the; 'ALL THAT COUNTS, NOTHING OF NOTE EVER HAPPENED IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL EVER BEFORE THE INVENTION OF THE GLOBAL BRAND THAT IS THE EPL'(c)

You generally talk utter bollocks so i mostly ignore you
I am completely baffled as to why we didnt pull out all the stops for Lescott. He'd be my first choice CB alongside Vertonghen, he's English, and most importantly, if West Brom can afford his wages, WE can afford his wages.
I can only presume he didnt want to move too far south because he's far too good for West Brom.

If a player really is choosing West Brom over Spurs, then I think its fair to say things have become much worse than even I imagined

can I just check....

am I supposed to hate levy cos he keeps sacking managers for not finishing 4th
or
am I supposed to hate levy for taking us back to the sugar years when managers were in no danger pf the sack for finishing 12th?

just so i know which it is

If a player really is choosing West Brom over Spurs, then I think its fair to say things have become much worse than even I imagined
Or, he was born in birmingham, moved to liverpool and manchester and now back to the midlands... Clearly he just doesnt want to move to far away from home.

*shock* Football players are real people *shock*

Him and his Cronies changed our badge a few years back ,so we would all have to go out and by new merch with the new badge on.Noticed ,when watching highlights that the tight arse still wears the old Cockerel on his blazer lapel.
F**king cheapskate

Discuss

Back
Top Bottom