Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure what point you're making, my point was that the only particularly unusual thing about ENICs tenure is how successful we have been in the league. Several recent managers have not treated the FA cup with enough respect, but if we ignore the FA cup this has been an very successful period in our history
Are you Daniel Levy?

If we dont win anything in the next 3-4 years I'll agree that we need a change of ownership. Even another league cup wont cut it for me. I want an FA Cup and/or European cup in the next 3-4, and dream of the league.

With all their money, CITY haven't made it to a Champions League final, a United haven't been there in 10 years, Barca in 5 years, Munich 6 years . In fact, in the last decade; finalists have been

Spurs (1)
Chelsea (1)
Liverpool (2)
Madrid (4)
Barca (2)
Man U (1)
Juventus (2)
Athletico (2)
Dortmund (1)

Thats a pretty elite list, if if you told anyone when Poch took over that we would reach the ECL final within a few short years; nobody would have believed it.

It is fully understandable that Poch slipped into depression after the final. Years of hard work and they slipped at the final hurdle after a season plagued by injuries. He knows that the chances of ever getting to the final again are very slim; and the amount of work and pressure that is required to get there.

So I've just completed 45 years of service with my company, and got a lovely email from the CEO. Knowing he's a Spurs supporter, I replied that I had seen lots of changes and have had more managers than Daniel Levy. :)

Honestly, we're not going to win the league every season so if the lack of medals, or "loser medals" bothers you so much, probably best if you go follow a one team league somewhere.
Really, so any supporters who are not happy and actually have ambition to win which is what football in its essence is all about. Should go and support someone else, real supporters don't have a choice we support our club even when we are not happy at the way it is run. Fans come out with statements like that but imo supporters do not....we just endure and have a moan if we want to because its our club and we are allowed our opinion no natter what...COYS AND FUCK ENIC

It is fully understandable that Poch slipped into depression after the final. Years of hard work and they slipped at the final hurdle after a season plagued by injuries. He knows that the chances of ever getting to the final again are very slim; and the amount of work and pressure that is required to get there.
One of the reasons I walked away from following the game too closely, is I think it is a ticking time bomb in terms of mental health. The pressure is simply enormous, on young players and managers. People think the trade off is that they get really well paid, which is true, but a lot of the players subsequently lose it through various addictions which they've developed to try to deal with the pressure, especially gambling.
That Poch has been suffering depression is very hard to take considering he is a good person who overachieved in many ways and simply had a big final which didn't go his way.

One of the reasons I walked away from following the game too closely, is I think it is a ticking time bomb in terms of mental health. The pressure is simply enormous, on young players and managers. People think the trade off is that they get really well paid, which is true, but a lot of the players subsequently lose it through various addictions which they've developed to try to deal with the pressure, especially gambling.
That Poch has been suffering depression is very hard to take considering he is a good person who overachieved in many ways and simply had a big final which didn't go his way.

I took a step back from the game after Chelsea beat Bayern to take our CL spot. I was furious after that result, and realised it should never affect me like that again. And that’s just as a fan!

Sure the players and managers at the top level get handsomely paid, but there’s tonnes of pressure to keep performing, as well as the ever present risk of a career-ending injury.

I still think the CL lose damaged the mentality of the whole squad, especially after putting in such a lacklustre display.

Really, so any supporters who are not happy and actually have ambition to win which is what football in its essence is all about. Should go and support someone else, real supporters don't have a choice we support our club even when we are not happy at the way it is run. Fans come out with statements like that but imo supporters do not....we just endure and have a moan if we want to because its our club and we are allowed our opinion no natter what...COYS AND FUCK ENIC

It's been a car crash season and things have gone badly, there have been some downright poor performances, honestly, I'd defy anyone to be singing 'Oh What a Beautiful Morning' after the Bournemouth game.

The point of 'Fuck ENIC' is that it is just looks like wasted anger to me, ENIC are not going to sell, even if they do there's a range of consequences from the next custodian from spending like the clappers and a dream scenario to destruction.

There are fans who have experienced risk and failure, take Charlton, they had a long run in the league, changed manager, then ownership and I doubt we'll see them back for a while, take QPR, well meaning manager with a year plan that went to shit or take Villa, their fans despised Deadly Doug Ellis and shortly after his tenure and a long run in the Premier League, well, you know the rest...

If I knew that someone was going to come in and invest a good sum but not go crazy, that they weren't state funded, that they did not have an ellicit past and got rich in an ethical way, they had an intelligent investment plan to develop to the next level I'd be down with that. Honestly, though, I can't think who or what that person/set up would be that would fit that mould.

Also, this way of saying, 'football is all about winning', so few teams win, why do you think Southampton fans turn up? Watford have no honours at all, why do their fans bother? We follow spurs and it can't be predicated on just winning because we haven't won a trophy since 2008 and we find other silver linings instead and I think you'd have to be pretty one eyed to say that the last 12 years has been a failure because I don't think that rings true either.

Most teams don't win anything, right now Spurs are 'most teams'. I want us to win and not be 'most teams' but without some clarity of how things change 'Fuck ENIC' doesn't seem particularly thought out.

ENIC deserve a mix of praise and criticism, there's a fuck load of nuance and that's where most fans sit, they are not the devil incarnate and not some god like deity who deserve worship, it's like a person, they are a mix of contradictions.

It's been a car crash season and things have gone badly, there have been some downright poor performances, honestly, I'd defy anyone to be singing 'Oh What a Beautiful Morning' after the Bournemouth game.

The point of 'Fuck ENIC' is that it is just looks like wasted anger to me, ENIC are not going to sell, even if they do there's a range of consequences from the next custodian from spending like the clappers and a dream scenario to destruction.

There are fans who have experienced risk and failure, take Charlton, they had a long run in the league, changed manager, then ownership and I doubt we'll see them back for a while, take QPR, well meaning manager with a year plan that went to shit or take Villa, their fans despised Deadly Doug Ellis and shortly after his tenure and a long run in the Premier League, well, you know the rest...

If I knew that someone was going to come in and invest a good sum but not go crazy, that they weren't state funded, that they did not have an ellicit past and got rich in an ethical way, they had an intelligent investment plan to develop to the next level I'd be down with that. Honestly, though, I can't think who or what that person/set up would be that would fit that mould.

Also, this way of saying, 'football is all about winning', so few teams win, why do you think Southampton fans turn up? Watford have no honours at all, why do their fans bother? We follow spurs and it can't be predicated on just winning because we haven't won a trophy since 2008 and we find other silver linings instead and I think you'd have to be pretty one eyed to say that the last 12 years has been a failure because I don't think that rings true either.

Most teams don't win anything, right now Spurs are 'most teams'. I want us to win and not be 'most teams' but without some clarity of how things change 'Fuck ENIC' doesn't seem particularly thought out.

ENIC deserve a mix of praise and criticism, there's a fuck load of nuance and that's where most fans sit, they are not the devil incarnate and not some god like deity who deserve worship, it's like a person, they are a mix of contradictions.
Good well thought out and written post, we don't have to agree with each other on everything and good constructive conversations are what this forum and being fellow supporters is and should be all about.
I will never change my stance on enic or levy but I do love to hear what other genuine supporters think.
I believe we had our chance and levy bottled it, we got into the champions league on a relative shoestring and we were well ahead of Liverpool.
We should have invested and showed ambition imo.
Not bankrupt the club, nobody wants that, but showed ambition ag least..quality post mate

Let's face it 2020 has been a horrible year so far; and for Spurs it's been horrible since the CL final defeat.
I'd rather we went out in the semis vs Ajax, then Poch could have gone back to Levy and said, next year to reach the final I need these players, and if Poch said it publicly, I think Levy would have backed him.
Ajax threw that semi final by getting arrogant, playing Bob Marley at half time, and the fact Lucas turned into the best player in the world for 47 minutes. All fucking strange, like some evil law of synchronicity was at work behind it all. There is no doubt Spurs suffer from some kind of evil synchronicity.

I would question those numbers but what about the three years prior? It’s a best manipulation at worst utter bollocks
I don't know how accurate they either. Got them from here;

Net spend means nothing to me tbh.
In the last 5 years our net spend has been higher than the Dippers, but is the 14th "highest" in the league.

One thing you can be assured of is the continuing ambition of everyone at the club for success on the pitch.......

WillingRemarkableIchneumonfly-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom