Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's okay but I obviously want (and expect) more
It's interesting you say that. You said the average league position during ENIC's time is 6th, you say people should be happy with consistency in the league but you can't bring yourself to say you are happy with 5th.
You rightly point out that you want and expect more, that's what I and others who are against ENIC think. They want and expect more.
We have bought in one of the best managers in footballing history to join us, he's one of the best managers in the world, finishing 5th next season is not ok, it's not acceptable.

The point I'm making is that only winning counts, all these loser medals represent missed chances. We've won one trophy in 20 years, the same as Swansea. There is no medal for coming 2,3,4 in the league.
What a shame the Poch era will never be known as the greatest in our history.
Honestly, we're not going to win the league every season so if the lack of medals, or "loser medals" bothers you so much, probably best if you go follow a one team league somewhere.

It's about par, but I'll be very surprised if we dont win a trophy in the next two. It's what hes been brought here for
Maybe. Let's hope so.
However, if we become the first club he fails at in 20 years, will you then concede the problem is actually Levy.
After all, if one of the 2 most successful managers of modern times can't crack it, who the fuck can?

It's interesting you say that. You said the average league position during ENIC's time is 6th, you say people should be happy with consistency in the league but you can't bring yourself to say you are happy with 5th.
You rightly point out that you want and expect more, that's what I and others who are against ENIC think. They want and expect more.
We have bought in one of the best managers in footballing history to join us, he's one of the best managers in the world, finishing 5th next season is not ok, it's not acceptable.
The average position is 6th because of how disastrous the first few seasons were, because the club was in such a mess before. It takes time to turn things around, how long has it been since we've been 6?
It is fine to want and expect more, what's not fine is refusing to acknowledge how much they have developed the club. If you cant see the club is a better position than it was in 2001 I think you dont understand the facts.
Levy has made many mistakes. He should've been braver and stronger at various points. Some of his managerial appointments at the start were a disaster. He definitely isnt perfect, he is just the best around

Last edited:
Honestly, we're not going to win the league every season so if the lack of medals, or "loser medals" bothers you so much, probably best if you go follow a one team league somewhere.
Did I say anything about winning the league every season? A losers medal should bother anybody who wants to win.

Maybe. Let's hope so.
However, if we become the first club he fails at in 20 years, will you then concede the problem is actually Levy.
After all, if one of the 2 most successful managers of modern times can't crack it, who the fuck can?
If we dont win anything in the next 3-4 years I'll agree that we need a change of ownership. Even another league cup wont cut it for me. I want an FA Cup and/or European cup in the next 3-4, and dream of the league.

The average position is 6th because of how disastrous the first few seasons were, because the club was in such a mess before. It takes time to turn things around, how long has it been since we've been 6?
It is fine to want and expect more, what's not fine is refusing to acknowledge how much they have developed the club. If you cant see the club is a better position than it was in 2001 I think you dont understand the facts.
Levy has made many mistakes. He should've been braverer and stronger at various points. Some of his managerial appointments at the start were a disaster. He definitely isnt perfect, he is just the best
Of course it's in a better position than 2001 no one is denying that, the point is the lack of trophies is disappointing.

If we dont win anything in the next 3-4 years I'll agree that we need a change of ownership. Even another league cup wont cut it for me. I want an FA Cup and/or European cup in the next 3-4, and dream of the league.
It's always "the next 3 or 4 years" with you lot.

It's been over a decade since we won a trophy and only one league cup since ENIC have been here (20 years.)

But yeah, you're right, if they haven't won anything in the next 3 or 4 years I am sure you'll agree we need a change of ownership :pocheyes:.

Ahh the old "fuck off and support a money bags team" response.

It's rolled out every single time people point out our owners complete lack of ambition.

Spurs supporters are some of the most patient in this league, many of us supporting the club 30+ years.

Just because we want success doesn't mean we want to fuck off and support another club to get it, this type of response always makes me laugh because it's basically a self admittance that you're happy with mediocrity and never seeing your team achieve success, therefore completely invalidating your need to even watch competitive sports.

Ahh the old "fuck off and support a money bags team" response.

It's rolled out every single time people point out our owners complete lack of ambition.

Spurs supporters are some of the most patient in this league, many of us supporting the club 30+ years.

Just because we want success doesn't mean we want to fuck off and support another club to get it, this type of response always makes me laugh because it's basically a self admittance that you're happy with mediocrity and never seeing your team achieve success, therefore completely invalidating your need to even watch competitive sports.

Read what I wrote. Now read it again.
This time, reply to what I said, not what you thought I said.

Read what I wrote. Now read it again.
This time, reply to what I said, not what you thought I said.

What I read is you defending our lack of trophies and telling someone to go and watch a one team league if they want to see a team consistently winning them.

The thing is MVP MVP and many other Spurs fans don't expect a trophy every single season, even if we were the best team in world football.

We just expect a trophy you know, in a reasonable time frame, something like more than 1 in 20 years?

What I read is you defending our lack of trophies and telling someone to go and watch a one team league if they want to see a team consistently winning them.

The thing is MVP MVP and many other Spurs fans don't expect a trophy every single season, even if we were the best team in world football.

Really? Because I wasn't defending anything of the sort, I was just pointing out that any disdain for runners up medals or "losers medals" implies you are afraid to compete for fear of losing more than a desire for winning.

We just expect a trophy you know, in a reasonable time frame, something like more than 1 in 20 years?
We expect do we?

Maybe you do, but entitlement isn't something I grew up with.

But yeah, you're right, if they haven't won anything in the next 3 or 4 years I am sure you'll agree we need a change of ownership :pocheyes:.
After the cowardly cop out transfer window 2 years ago some of us predicted the ramifications would be the collapse we've seen with Poch carrying the can and Levy getting the usual free pass.

They laughed in our faces at the time, of course. But we all know what transpired.

Back
Top Bottom