Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Levy has to gamble this summer and gamble or the bigger picture of their investment starts to wain.

No naming rights, no CL, reduced revenue - club (their investment / pentagon fund) becomes worth a lot less

What do you mean by “taken out” please?
The 2nd chart shows investment by the owners.
Spurs at minus £30m, hence Enic have taken out that amount.

Either the original poster doesn't know, or has ignored, the reason £30m was taken out.
This was £30m that was loaned to the club at the start of their tenure.
It was repaid once the new stadium was completed and we had moved in.

As the chart only shows the last 5 years it shows as Enic taking money out.
If it had been the previous years it would of been shown as investment.

It's no biggie

Spurs wages to turnover ratio 48%, Leicester 105%

Probably a bit of room to move in the wages steaks I think!

Would be great to take Rodgers from them and then watch them struggle to keep those players finishing in mid table every season.

Going back to the first page of this thread I wonder how many people are still hacked off we never got Benteke and instead had to rely on a certain young Harry Kane.
The streets never forget Daniel.

(Although we broke our transfer fee record weeks later to buy Roberto Soldado after “missing out” on Benteke. Our previous transfer fee record was Paulinho. Jesus Christ who makes these choices!!)

20 years before ENIC we won:
3 FA Cups
1 UEFA Cup
1 EFL Cup

20 years before that we won:
1 League Title
3 FA Cups
1 UEFA Cup Winners Cup
2 EFL Cups
1 UEFA Cup

20 years with ENIC:
1 EFL Cup

The lack of success is mad, and there is a reason for the correlation. #ENICOUT

3 FA Cups
1 UEFA Cup
1 EFL Cup

1 League Title
3 FA Cups
1 UEFA Cup Winners Cup
2 EFL Cups
1 UEFA Cup

20 years with ENIC:
1 EFL Cup

Well to some extent, the financial doping of football by the likes of chelsea and man city or even individual cases like blackburn didn't help. In the pre premier league days the teams with the largest fan bases and therefore more money sat at the top of the pile.

Well to some extent, the financial doping of football by the likes of chelsea and man city or even individual cases like blackburn didn't help. In the pre premier league days the teams with the largest fan bases and therefore more money sat at the top of the pile.
Man city:
Previous 20 years

0 Premier Leagues
0 FA Cups
0 EFL Cups
0 CL
0 Uefa cups

3 FA Cups
1 UEFA Cup
1 EFL Cup

1 League Title
3 FA Cups
1 UEFA Cup Winners Cup
2 EFL Cups
1 UEFA Cup

20 years with ENIC:
1 EFL Cup

Bingo.

People talk of the "development".

As if the rest of the world where standing still while ENIC did their thing.

Man city:
Previous 20 years

0 Premier Leagues
0 FA Cups
0 EFL Cups
0 CL
0 Uefa cups

Man City also the only English team to have won the English domestic treble since the league cup was created.

And the fact they have won the league cup for the past 4 years on the spin as well speaks volumes in the current set up where teams often use the league cup for the kids.

As a comparison Liverpool also won it 4x in a row in the eighties with their dominant team.
But they still took 20 years in total to win it 6 times.
City have won it 6 years out of 8. Beating 6 different clubs in the final.
Money talks.

3 FA Cups
1 UEFA Cup
1 EFL Cup

1 League Title
3 FA Cups
1 UEFA Cup Winners Cup
2 EFL Cups
1 UEFA Cup

20 years with ENIC:
1 EFL Cup

Get these fucking cunts OUT NOW!!!

if Levy was the owner instead of Joe Lewis he would have sacked Levy the chairman long ago.

We talk about Sissoko and Winks but he weakest part of the club in terms of decisions/performance has been Levy and Jose in the past year and they are the most important. Jose is gone thankfully but we still have this stale chairman at the top who should have packed it in long ago.

Everything about us is stale and tired, the players, the scouting and above all the board.

Man City also the only English team to have won the English domestic treble since the league cup was created.

And the fact they have won the league cup for the past 4 years on the spin as well speaks volumes in the current set up where teams often use the league cup for the kids.

As a comparison Liverpool also won it 4x in a row in the eighties with their dominant team.
But they still took 20 years in total to win it 6 times.
City have won it 6 years out of 8. Beating 6 different clubs in the final.
Money talks.
City's owners want to win everything at all cost - ours just want fat profits and dividends

spurspots.jpg

00-01 to 19-20 seasons, league point totals.

We had a track record of improving our points total for 2 seasons, followed by 1 or 2 years decline until last season where we posted a 3rd straight negative points total for the first time under Levy.
The lowest point of each decline was an improvement on the previous lowest point (45-46-62-64-59) - which is an extremely positive place to be in terms of general on field progress.. until Mourinho last season guided us to our lowest points total since 08-09 season (59).

Our high points after each 2 years or progress had continually improved until we hit our peak of a very respectable 86 pts (50-65-70-72-86).

The standard of the top 4 has declined over that period too, it's just the champions standard increased significantly. 40 pts away from the title last season, the furthest we have been since 07-08.

Our points from relegation safety were very worrying at the start, being just 7-10-6-6 pts clear.
We have been at least 20 points clear of safety over the past 10 years.
I think sometimes Spurs fans forget where we are and where we came from.
We have no right to be finishing top 4 every season, sacking managers that don't achieve it.
Not every club can expect progress, and seasons of regression are to be expected.. it's how we come back from those downtrend seasons.

If we can get mid 60s pts this season, followed by mid 70s pts next season, I wouldn't be too unhappy with the trend.

Overall the points for safety are reducing slowly each season, the top 4 requirement is I suppose on a slight upward trend, but to be champions has just sky rocketed in the past few seasons.
None of these signs I would suggest are healthy for football in this country. The league is becoming less competitive.. I fear the Premier League title may become an incredibly dull, 1 horse race with City doing something about as immoral as the Super League was in all honestly.

For this period, our league games won totals;
spurswins.jpg

Last season being our fewest wins since 10-11 season with a massive decline under Mourinho, but it's hard to deny overall there is an upward trend.

I have my praise and criticism for what Levy has done with the club, but ultimately we win more football matches now than when he took over.
Sure no trophies, stadium this, transfers that - but in a very simplistic way, if we win more football matches we are more likely to win trophies, compete towards the top, play European football and buy better players.

I do believe our owners are interested in profits, but also think they view progress on the field as something more complex than winning or losing cup finals.
If you think we should be winning the league or even challenging for it as a minimum expectation - I think that's a bit delusional.

Get these fucking cunts OUT NOW!!!
Are you trying to be some kind of parody poster recently, or have Spurs caused some form of mental breakdown?

I don't always agree with what you write but I'm sure you're usually more rational, and yet the last few days all I see in any thread is you calling someone at the club a cunt and demanding they be beheaded.

Are you trying to be some kind of parody poster recently, or have Spurs caused some form of mental breakdown?

I don't always agree with what you write but I'm sure you're usually more rational, and yet the last few days all I see in any thread is you calling someone at the club a cunt and demanding they be beheaded.
Not beheaded - just released of their duties for failing to achieve the club objectives for years on end

And yes - Spurs have ruined me mentally yet again - more cunt me believing we could finally not bottle an important game when it mattered - what a bunch of losers

Not beheaded - just released of their duties for failing to achieve the club objectives for years on end

And yes - Spurs have ruined me mentally yet again - more cunt me believing we could finally not bottle an important game when it mattered - what a bunch of losers
Fool you once shame on them, fool you twice shame on you, fool you as many times as Spurs do...

I know silverware hasn't been forthcoming but we have transformed into a top 4/big 6 side under Enic. That is fact. We have no divine right to be in this group.

We now have great infrastructure in place but getting to this position meant that eyes were taken off the ball in the last few years with respect to investing in the playing staff.

I think Levy struck gold with Poch and Kane/Dele and stumbled upon a group that allowed us to over-achieve while the infrastructure development was taking place.

Covid may well be a valid excuse not to but everything is in place now to pay as much attention to recruitment as we have been doing to off the pitch matters. The next few transfer windows are huge.

I grew up supporting Spurs finishing lower mid-table and the fact I've been able to feel proud about my team over the last 10 or so years is a great thing.

It's all gone to shit in the last 3 years basically as poor squad management has caught up with us but we are simply at the start of a new cycle. We need a new project manager to come in and couple that with serious investment in the squad.

No reason to think we can't be a force again in 2-3 years.
We havent signed a decent player in 5 years now

I see no signs of that changing anytime soon

The only force we'll be is a championship force

Back
Top Bottom