Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not if ENIC stay another 20 years there isn’t

The point being that if enough supporters express their disgust at the way ENIC and Levy run this club and by doing that, the way to hit them hard is in their pockets, then the club will eventually start too take note. Will it mean they fuck off ? Maybe not for a while, but it will force them to have meetings and adopt major changes to their flawed running of the club. If they are losing supporters into the ground, they will eventually have to appease the fans because the club is nothing without us.

It’s not turning your back on the club and only coming back if we win trophies. That’s a very simplistic way of looking at the situation. If that was the case, wouldn’t we have fucked the club off 10 years ago ? We never win anything. It’s the way the club is run as a profit cash cow for a bunch of parasites, who harbour no interest in developing the football team properly. It’s a bunch of liars that promise so much, yet deliver so little. Spurs fans are rightfully fed up and you can see from the supporters trust statements, it’s now started to filter down throughout the club. Something has to be done:

Last edited:
It is so frustrating that we are stuck with enic for the foreseeable future we will be well rooted mid table at the rate we are going wish the heck Levy had got someone to manage the actual football side and him stay out of it and stick to what he knows best .

The point being that if enough supporters express their disgust at the way ENIC and Levy run this club and by doing that, the way to hit them hard is in their pockets, then the club will eventually start too take note. Will it mean they fuck off ? Maybe not for a while, but it will force them to have meetings and adopt major changes to their flawed running of the club. If they are losing supporters into the ground, they will eventually have to appease the fans because the club is nothing without us.

It’s not turning your back on the club and only coming back if we win trophies. That’s a very simplistic way of looking at the situation. If that was the case, wouldn’t we have fucked the club off 10 years ago ? We never win anything. It’s the way the club is run as a profit cash cow for a bunch of parasites who harbour no interest in developing the football team properly. It’s a bunch of liars that promise so much, yet deliver so little. Spurs fans are rightfully fed up and you can see from the supporters trust statements, it’s now started to filter down throughout the club. Something has to be done:
Better if we get a full house singing we want ENIC out every week through games

Support the team not the owners in my view

They won’t sell an h healthy club. The better shape we’re in the more likely they leave

Last edited:
The bigger issue is not money. Last couple of seasons we have actually had a positive net spend. It’s the total lack of strategy, there seems no connection between the type of players we buy, the managers we employ and our aims. Look at Liverpool they don’t spend vastly more than us but they have an elite coach, every player is signed with a role in mind.

Our lack of a plan is our biggest problem, Levy is an opportunist, he is a planner on the infrastructure side but when it comes to football it’s all about getting a winning deal in the moment, that is stupid when it comes to organically building a top side. It’s why we have deadwood on the book, holes in different positions and a general lack of direction. The only way you can overcome this is a top manager who can develop players like Poch but we have Nuno.
Снелзеа didn't hire Tuchel to develop players. Nor did PSG, Poch.

Everyone wanted Levy to focus on the business side and leave the football side to the football people, and he hires one of the most experienced/established directors of football in the world.

OK, Levy maybe/coulda/shoulda/woulda hired Campos or Rangnick (or whatever other DOF is the best) instead, but he has hired a DOF. From Juventus.

Guy's been here 4 months. Let's look at his work:

Q5A4k8U.png

z9qWkvD.png

Some "deadwood" out.
Median squad age much younger... oldest arrival is Gollini (26, GK).
Romero and Royal straight into the first team.
Bryan Gil (Spain U-21 captain) and Sarr (a 19 year-old who's a first-team regular for Senegal) for the future.

I don't agree with every move everyone's made, but I can see a plan, and a strategy.

My concern is the lack of apparent data science at the club in regards to player profiling and recruitment. Which is frustrating, as Ian Graham (Liverpool's data team leader) was with us until he left for Liverpool in 2012.

As much as I'd love to, I can hardly fault Levy here; when Fenway Group (John Henry) bought Liverpool, Graham (a lifelong Dipper) had no choice. Henry made his wealth in trading/brokerage (data-based... his whole methodology is about removing human emotions and any other subjective factors from decision-making), when he bought the Red Sox he hired Bill James (sabermetrics pioneer)... this was a no-brainer for Graham you can't begrudge him.

The rumblings about ENIC buying Standard Liege is interesting/encouraging. Recalls the Brentford model: buy a club in a cheaper league (FC Midtjylland) to test out profiling/recruitment strategies.

Last edited:
Снелзеа didn't hire Tuchel to develop players. Nor did PSG, Poch.

Everyone wanted Levy to focus on the business side and leave the football side to the football people, and he hires one of the most experienced/established directors of football in the world.

OK, Levy maybe/coulda/shoulda/woulda hired Campos or Rangnick (or whatever other DOF is the best) instead, but he has hired a DOF. From Juventus.

Guy's been here 4 months. Let's look at his work:

Q5A4k8U.png

z9qWkvD.png

Some "deadwood" out.
Median squad age much younger... oldest arrival is Gollini (26, GK).
Romero and Royal straight into the first team.
Bryan Gil (Spain U-21 captain) and Sarr (a 19 year-old who's a first-team regular for Senegal) for the future.

I don't agree with every move everyone's made, but I can see a plan, and a strategy.

My concern is the lack of apparent data science at the club in regards to player profiling and recruitment. Which is frustrating, as Ian Graham (Liverpool's data team leader) was with us until he left for Liverpool in 2012.

As much as I'd love to, I can hardly fault Levy here; when Fenway Group (John Henry) bought Liverpool, Graham (a lifelong Dipper) had no choice. Henry made his wealth in trading/brokerage (data-based... his whole methodology is about removing human emotions and any other subjective factors from decision-making), when he bought the Red Sox he hired Bill James (sabermetrics pioneer)... this was a no-brainer for Graham you can't begrudge him.

The rumblings about ENIC buying Standard Liege is interesting/encouraging. Recalls the Brentford model: buy a club in a cheaper league (FC Midtjylland) to test out profiling/recruitment strategies.

How is Nuno a strategy?????

We go from manager to manager all with completely different styles. One minute an attacking pragmatist like Redknapp, the next a stubborn possession based manager like AVB, sometimes we have DoF’s, other times we don’t. There is no long term coherent strategy with any of our football (not the infrastructure the actual football), it’s all short term quick fixes or attempted quick fixes.

If we had a plan why Nuno? You have project managers like Ten Hag and Potter around who could develop a team over many years and have proven to do so. If this is what a plan looks like it’s shit.

Whats a real fan to you?
Stop watching and “not giving a fuck if we lose” because we haven’t won a trophy.

But if we win a trophy, come back and celebrate?

People taking this stance, you have one leg to stand on. We win under ENIC then you can’t be part of it.

You’ve quit until ENIC go.
Quitting until Nuno gets the team playing well wasnt on the table.

So I guess I’ll see you in 15 years or so.
You want new owners, not success under this regime.

This regime has failed, but they’re what we have, and if that’s the only regime Spurs are playing under, then that’s the regime I’ll watch them under.

Hush child.

The grown ups are having a conversation.

The bigger issue is not money. Last couple of seasons we have actually had a positive net spend. It’s the total lack of strategy, there seems no connection between the type of players we buy, the managers we employ and our aims. Look at Liverpool they don’t spend vastly more than us but they have an elite coach, every player is signed with a role in mind.

Our lack of a plan is our biggest problem, Levy is an opportunist, he is a planner on the infrastructure side but when it comes to football it’s all about getting a winning deal in the moment, that is stupid when it comes to organically building a top side. It’s why we have deadwood on the book, holes in different positions and a general lack of direction. The only way you can overcome this is a top manager who can develop players like Poch but we have Nuno.

It is the money. It'll always be the money.
Even when we buy slightly more expensive players, they're still usually B or C bucket players on lower wages than the A bucket players we need.

If we have a positive spend one window, it's because we didn't in the last one or won't in the next one.

How is Nuno a strategy?????

We go from manager to manager all with completely different styles. One minute an attacking pragmatist like Redknapp, the next a stubborn possession based manager like AVB, sometimes we have DoF’s, other times we don’t. There is no long term coherent strategy with any of our football (not the infrastructure the actual football), it’s all short term quick fixes or attempted quick fixes.

If we had a plan why Nuno? You have project managers like Ten Hag and Potter around who could develop a team over many years and have proven to do so. If this is what a plan looks like it’s shit.
Nuno is part of that "painful rebuild". He's a neutral and calm personality after the Mourinho show.

Ajax develops players, not Ten Hag. They're the biggest fish in their pond.

I like Potter. His story at Östersund is incredible, and that 3-0 thrashing they gave us (Lloris breaking his own arm throwing the ball into our goal insanity) was the nail in Poch's coffin at Spurs.

Oh boy, that must mean he's good then!

He definitely didn't leave Juventus in an utter state after saddling them with a whole bunch of mediocre players on huge wages (Aaron Ramsey!) whilst seeing them knocked off their perch in Serie A and barely scraping top 4 by the time he left.

Go visit some Juventus forums, see what most of them think of Paratici. There's so many shite players in their squad brought in under his tenure its hilarious. If you think that he's still a great DoF that's your right, but to say 'from Juventus' as if being at a big club previously means anything, is just laughable.

I guess we should sign Ole when he gets sacked, right? Then we'll have hired a manager from Manchester United!

Better if we get a full house singing we want ENIC out every week through games

Support the team not the owners in my view

They won’t sell an h healthy club. The better shape we’re in the more likely they leave
Lmao

So continue to pay through the roof (HIGHEST FUCKIN PRICES IN THE LEAGUE) to get shafted just to prove your pashun and TTID. That's the kind of pathetic idiocy ENIC dream about mate.

Didn't you once say football is not that serious? I mean you said it cos you were cornered in a debate but that's besides the point.

Anyway as usual your insecurity has you wanting to prove something.

Lmao

So continue to pay through the roof (HIGHEST FUCKIN PRICES IN THE LEAGUE) to get shafted just to prove your pashun and TTID. That's the kind of pathetic idiocy ENIC dream about mate.

Didn't you once say football is not that serious? I mean you said it cos you were cornered in a debate but that's besides the point.

Anyway as usual your insecurity has you wanting to prove something.
It’s not that serious that’s why I will watch the Burnley game and not pretend I won’t

It’s not that serious that’s why I will watch the Burnley game and not pretend I won’t
So is that the problem? That people aren't interested as much/they won't watch?
Why do you need to police it?

Why are you the gatekeeper of what is a good fan?

Let's say they do fuck off, and then come back once we play exciting stuff and go on a winning run- why does that bother you so much?
"I'm the bestest fan I was watching all along! You can't join now my club is closed. Stop supporting the team now- I said stop it!"

I thought it wasnt that serious?

Gives you something to argue for weeks I suppose.

All glory to our most benevolent leader Daniel Levy (peace be upon him) and his most wondrous transfer policy!

Death to the fake fan death to the propagators of false rumours, praise be to the cheese room and the most amazing Audi Cup!

MeanFloweryBeardeddragon-size_restricted.gif

So is that the problem? That people aren't interested as much/they won't watch?
Why do you need to police it?
Police it? It’s a discussion on a forum.
Why do t you just stop supporting in silence and stop telling everyone that you’re going to?

The problem is that people haven’t thought it through. My first wish is that we improve and I couldn’t really care less who who it’s under.
If we improve under ENIC, I’ll still be able to celebrate without being a fairweather fuck.

I want them out, but they aren’t out.
If we win a cup, you’ve got nowhere to turn I’m afraid.

Police it? It’s a discussion on a forum.
Why do t you just stop supporting in silence and stop telling everyone that you’re going to?

The problem is that people haven’t thought it through. My first wish is that we improve.
If that’s under ENIC, I’ll still be able to celebrate without being a fairweather fuck

It wont be though will it? They've had 20 years, how much more rope are you willing to give them?

Back
Top Bottom